Author Topic: 29 Year Old San Francisco Woman With Brain Cancer Plans To End Her Life On Nov.  (Read 294 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
coming from someone who has thought about killing them self once a day at least since the age of eight that probably means fuck all. but still.

No that's where it takes even more meaning. I actually disagree with the professional stance that seriously considering suicide automatically means you are a danger to yourself and should be put into treatment even if it's against your will. If you've been actively making the choice not to kill yourself since you were eight then to me that's a sign that you have full agency in your decisions.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
R.I.P. Brittany.

Brittany Maynard, the 29-year-old who said she had terminal brain cancer, took medication to end her life under Oregon's "Death with Dignity Act," advocacy group Compassion & Choices said Sunday.

"Brittany chose to make a well thought out and informed choice to Die With Dignity in the face of such a terrible, painful, and incurable illness," a post on her website said. "She moved to Oregon to pass away in a little yellow house she picked out in the beautiful city of Portland."

In a statement, Compassion & Choices, an end-of-life choice advocacy group that has been working closely with Maynard, said she "died as she intended -- peacefully in her bedroom, in the arms of her loved ones."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/02/health/oregon-brittany-maynard/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

...and she did make it to the Grand Canyon in case anyone didn't see it.  8)