Author Topic: U.S. Air Strikes in Syria  (Read 5154 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: U.S. Air Strikes in Syria
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »
The US and UK politicians do actually make out like they're doing the honorable thing by bombing people.

It's what politicians do.

Its murder.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »
I think most people are still human, some even decent, and only a select few would seriously consider beheading others for whatever reason. The problem is that it's the latter that gets all the attention.

Not exactly accurate. The majority of Germans killing Jews at the concentration camps were normal "decent" people. Many of them had to drink themselves into oblivion in order to do their jobs.

The majority of the Germans killing Jews at the concentrations was a minority of the total population. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.

Of course they were a minority of Germans but they were a good cross section of German society, they were "regular Joes".  My point is that even "good" people will do evil things when commanded to by higher authority

That's where we disagree. I don't think most people would get into beheading others.

You're forgetting the important psychological studies on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

I have science and recorded history to back up my opinion. You just have an opinion.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »
No. China has been funding the war all along. The US mans the war, China funds the war, and the entire continent of Europe carries the duty of assimilating the general public of the middle east to accept western standards of society. Haven't you ever wondered why a continent, formally considered extremely difficult for foreign immigration to gain citizenship, suddenly is so open armed to accept so may people? The UK has the role nice guy right now, but will one day stand up as the world superpower they truly are, and the US will be their noble ally. In the meantime the politicians will convince the general public they're doing the honorable thing, rescuing those people from the evil USofA.

:zombiefuck:
Have already said it all here before. Jack is brilliantly insightful when having her tinfoil hat on. :laugh:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,22268.0.html

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:37 PM »
You no like Jack's conspiracy theory? It's very logical.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:38 PM »
The US and UK politicians do actually make out like they're doing the honorable thing by bombing people.

Right.  Politics as a whole needs to be torn apart and just start things from scratch.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »

Right.  Politics as a whole needs to be torn apart and just start things from scratch.
It wouldn't matter. People who can be trusted in positions of power generally don't want positions of power.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »
Force simply isn't ever going to be the answer. It has been used to "solve" problems countless times in the past, and it always creates several new ones.

That independence thing you guys had a couple of hundred years ago didn't solve anything. I know. :P

Now we're a problem for everyone else. :zoinks:

No. China has been funding the war all along. The US mans the war, China funds the war, and the entire continent of Europe carries the duty of assimilating the general public of the middle east to accept western standards of society. Haven't you ever wondered why a continent, formally considered extremely difficult for foreign immigration to gain citizenship, suddenly is so open armed to accept so may people? The UK has the role nice guy right now, but will one day stand up as the world superpower they truly are, and the US will be their noble ally. In the meantime the politicians will convince the general public they're doing the honorable thing, rescuing those people from the evil USofA.

The UK is important, but it's not a superpower.

It's a joke.
Would have to disagree with calling any world superpower a joke; though tend to prefer a big picture perspective of the situation.

We don't have any power.  We're just like a boil on USrael's arse.

:hahaha:

I don't really think it's that funny.  We get dragged into the endless wars and are too pathetic to say no thanks. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
They should be on minimum wage.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »

It wouldn't matter. People who can be trusted in positions of power generally don't want positions of power.

Not to mention that power can corrupt people.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »

Not to mention that power can corrupt people.

Such power can corrupt anyone, no matter how virtuous they were to begin with. This is why it makes absolutely no sense to condense it all into a small space among a few people. That only makes things infinitely worse when those people become dishonest or complacent and start to make horrible decisions, which under the magnifying glass of state power focuses their destructive thinking into a BEAM. A beam that is responsible for more deaths and injustice than anything that has ever existed in all of human history, or any natural phenomenon that has ever happened as long as humans have existed.

An elite class, or oligarchy. Fucking STUPID. Allowing people such power is like begging to be stolen from, have your labor and resources wasted, and to be killed.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
I think most people are still human, some even decent, and only a select few would seriously consider beheading others for whatever reason. The problem is that it's the latter that gets all the attention.

Not exactly accurate. The majority of Germans killing Jews at the concentration camps were normal "decent" people. Many of them had to drink themselves into oblivion in order to do their jobs.

The majority of the Germans killing Jews at the concentrations was a minority of the total population. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.

Of course they were a minority of Germans but they were a good cross section of German society, they were "regular Joes".  My point is that even "good" people will do evil things when commanded to by higher authority

That's where we disagree. I don't think most people would get into beheading others.

You're forgetting the important psychological studies on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

I have science and recorded history to back up my opinion. You just have an opinion.

You might want to skip to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment#Criticism and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment#Criticism, respectively. My views remain unchanged are not just opinions.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »

And we need to stop fighting and love our neighbours. Dream on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »
Says the guy with John Lennon as his avatar  :lol1:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:17 PM »
That's because I'm complicated.

- Albert Einstein