Educational

Author Topic: U.S. Air Strikes in Syria  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: U.S. Air Strikes in Syria
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
I was serious about the neutron bombs.  :green:

They are not exactly what people think they are and work best against tanks and such.  If you want this sort of option better to go with VX or some other nerve agent then you would not have to worry about any radiological contamination :nerdy:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Hannah

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
I was serious about the neutron bombs.  :green:

They are not exactly what people think they are and work best against tanks and such.  If you want this sort of option better to go with VX or some other nerve agent then you would not have to worry about any radiological contamination :nerdy:

This is true... :apondering:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
Or we could like, you know.. stop killing people, man.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »
Every life on this planet is precious in my humble opinion, and any force form or person who chooses to take life well what goes around will come around eventually...these folks will reap what they sow and I shudder to think what they will reap...but they bring that upon themselves...

I agree that all life is valuable.  The life of a Palestinian child, for example is worth no more or no less than an Israeli child, or a Syrian child.

I used to believe in karma and what goes around comes around.  My experience in life made me ditch those beliefs.   Too many get away with murder.

But don't let me piss in your fire because your post actually made me smile.  An 'if only' kind of smile,  but it was a smile and not a smirk.  Please send me some of your positivity,  as my tank is a little low.   :thumbup:
blah blah blah

Hannah

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »
Or we could like, you know.. stop killing people, man.

:yarly: This as well...it's not going to happen on this side of eternity I'm afraid  :headhurts:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »
Actually what was written previously, Hannah, was a little self-contradictory. Making the statement of all life being precious, after already stating the view that people who behead in the name of religion should be killed. Absolutely believe some people deserve to die, and the lives of certain people have no value and in no way precious, but also don't believe their death is a decision which should be the right of other humans or the right of the state. Society has the right to be protected, but death isn't necessarily the answer to that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Force simply isn't ever going to be the answer. It has been used to "solve" problems countless times in the past, and it always creates several new ones.
I will never stop...

Hannah

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 05:11:11 PM »
Actually what was written previously, Hannah, was a little self-contradictory. Making the statement of all life being precious, after already stating the view that people who behead in the name of religion should be killed. Absolutely believe some people deserve to die, and the lives of certain people have no value and in no way precious, but also don't believe their death is a decision which should be the right of other humans or the right of the state. Society has the right to be protected, but death isn't necessarily the answer to that.

Thanks for this view jack it really is food for thought for my brain...

I think the point I was trying to make is it just makes no sense what the insanity of what isis is doing for example in the name of 'religion' honestly I'm not sure what point they are trying to make any longer...There lives have just as much valuse as well by the simple fact that they are humans and have free will to choose to do what they will however what they are doing is just evil and what I meant was with their free will to do evil to choose to be brainwashed it should have some negative consequences...should key word it's hard to get across points often times in written form... ???

I apologize for any confusion Jack and your statement is correct so far as to say my post...I just find that level of choice to be that emotionally, humanly, or otherwise callus and evil-----dumbfounding...

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
I apologize for any confusion Jack
No worries, nor need for apology.  :)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »
Didn't the US and UK want to fight with these guys against Assad last year?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
Force simply isn't ever going to be the answer.

Unless it's force against Israel which is perfectly OK because hypocrisy.   :thumbup:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »
Force simply isn't ever going to be the answer.

Unless it's force against Israel which is perfectly OK because hypocrisy.   :thumbup:

Perhaps I should say the initiation of force, then.
I will never stop...

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
Didn't the US and UK want to fight with these guys against Assad last year?

I'm pretty sure that they are "these guys".

If their Caliph has any devine plans, then seriously.... go ahead and explain.

I'll just sit in my room, and play the  :violin:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 01:54:32 AM »
ISIS does attack very strategically, they aim for western sense of freedom. Kill a journalist, kill a woman who criticizes the destruction of ancient mosques in Mosul on FB.

ISIS aims for where the west feels comfortable and free, journalists doing their jobs, and the right not to agree with what has been done. And, by doing all this very public, they aim at our sense of safety.  They are token kills, and they have effect, on our minds.

I fear that bombing ISIS, and other extremist groups will not have the effect on the mind of ISIS like their actions have on our mind. They are prepared to die, they are anticipating this reaction. There needs to be more than that. The United Arab Emirates announcing that it might be a woman dropping the deadly bombs is said to be threatening to their minds, it may block the eternal rewards awaiting a zealous fighter.

But, if I read that many recruited people in ISIS are not there for the religious goal, but are criminals now finally getting a license to kill and maim, I don't know what will get to the mindset and idea of them.

How do you kill an idea? By giving something instead of that idea? If so, what would that be? Democracy does not work as a gift, democracy has to come from the people themselves.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 02:01:01 AM »
In closing, I really don't have much to add other then what was said above...seems being a decent human being has gone out the window along with a lot of other things... :thumbdn:

I think most people are still human, some even decent, and only a select few would seriously consider beheading others for whatever reason. The problem is that it's the latter that gets all the attention.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:11:39 AM by odeon »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein