Author Topic: Tigger_the_Wing's intro thread  (Read 3408 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Tigger_the_Wing's intro thread
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
Hi Tigger! Love the pics.  ;D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 11:28:33 PM »
Moto Guzzi's suck! :puke:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:34 AM »
Welcome Tigger. For some reason I thought you'd been around here ages...apparently not.

I hope you like it here. Sorry you took so long to join. I too was very hesitant, but hopefully you will get something out of being here.

And, of course, it's lovely to see another Australian....well, quasi Australian  :laugh: here.

Do you like Australia? What do you think are the good and bad points?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 03:35:46 AM »
Sorry Eclair I don't think she will be around much but I am going over there for Sunday Night dinner as is the custom and will let her know you say Hi.

She is homesick for Ireland and has been for a long time. She hates the heat. She loves kangaroo meat and has some really close friends here. I am lucky enough to be one and my kids see her as a bit of a granny figure.

She is a hell of a lady. Still sounds very British but I have tried introducing a bit of Australia lingo in her repertoire  :2thumbsup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 05:14:58 AM »
Sorry Eclair I don't think she will be around much but I am going over there for Sunday Night dinner as is the custom and will let her know you say Hi.

She is homesick for Ireland and has been for a long time. She hates the heat. She loves kangaroo meat and has some really close friends here. I am lucky enough to be one and my kids see her as a bit of a granny figure.

She is a hell of a lady. Still sounds very British but I have tried introducing a bit of Australia lingo in her repertoire  :2thumbsup:

I see...maybe you should introduce her to Mechanamia....or maybe not?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 05:23:24 AM »
Yeah she is already on it and jumped on it after a long D & M.  :zoinks:
She is a member of a lot of forums and will mainly drop in to PM me or Hykes I think.
She originally made this account because after my car crash a month ago I stayed at her house for a couple of nights directly after to settle down the kids and then did not get back to her for a few nights. She was stressed out about me and knew where to find me here. :P

She is a really good sort though and likes this assorted crowd, she is just crook and time poor.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
  • I love my GoldWing ("Tigger")
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
Hi Tigger! Love the pics.  ;D

Hi CBC! Thank you! Good to to see you here!

And squeeze, bang and blow; that's because they're four-strokes! Do you prefer two-strokes?  :eyebrows:

Actually, the modern ones aren't nearly so bad as the old ones were but still aren't a patch on Hondas…

Welcome Tigger. For some reason I thought you'd been around here ages...apparently not.

I hope you like it here. Sorry you took so long to join. I too was very hesitant, but hopefully you will get something out of being here.

And, of course, it's lovely to see another Australian....well, quasi Australian  :laugh: here.

Do you like Australia? What do you think are the good and bad points?

Hi Eclair, just got a phone call from Les* who told me you had posted here.

Good points about Australia? Predictable weather, wildlife found nowhere else, the food… (Kangaroo is delicious! )

Bad points about Australia? Predictable weather, wildlife found nowhere else, the food…  ;)

Like most places I've lived in on this planet, it is possible to enjoy it or be miserable; the difference being the attitude of the person having the experience, not the experience itself.

But then again…

Les, don't you be letting too much info out about me, will you? Or I'll be forced to undermine your carefully built-up reputation here with the truth…  :evillaugh:

And stop with the compliments! My head is too big already!

*Apparently you thought he was a newbie?  ??? I hope that whatever it is that is mucking about with your memory is cured PDQ!  :green:
Stopped bouncing round the world. Arrived home.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:34 PM »

And squeeze, bang and blow; that's because they're four-strokes! Do you prefer two-strokes?  :eyebrows:

No, I just prefer V-twins to be laterally mounted (Ducatti, SV-650) instead of transverse. It makes no sense to me.

Actually, the modern ones aren't nearly so bad as the old ones were but still aren't a patch on Hondas…

Yes, but it's still an obsolete engine design. Wasn't that engine originally on a small tractor or something??

Anyways, the best road bike out there, hands down, is the Kawasaki Concours.    8)