Author Topic: Stuff you would purchase if you could  (Read 2509 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Stuff you would purchase if you could
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »
It's Kayleigh's birthday in June and I'm already thinking about presents.

An NX-01 cap and some oven mitts that actually have fingers.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2020, 01:53:06 AM »
Books. More books.

I'll just quote myself here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2020, 10:34:12 PM »
New Cubs caps with different designs...

almost making sure that they're 8.5 inches (there is a site that sells them... just they're out of stock with my size a lot)

Also, I already got what I wanted for my birthday that's coming up soon... I found a film that is out of print that I'm interested in.

An earlier Wong-Kar Wai from 1994 called Chungking Express.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
A whole bunch of yarn in my favourite colours. I've recently taken up loom knitting. New obsession.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
A whole bunch of yarn in my favourite colours. I've recently taken up loom knitting. New obsession.
That sounds easier than regular knitting. I've tried the regular way multiple times and I keep dropping stitches, I'm terrible at it.

I'd like to buy Mum a Mother's Day present but I don't know what.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2020, 01:32:57 AM »
I am off to purchase a sleeping bag onesie at Aldi. It's one of those sleeping bags with arms and legs that you can walk around in.

My wife already has one. I expect it to save us a couple of hundred bucks (at least) in heating costs. My kids and I don't need heating, we run hot even in winter, but my wife uses an electric fan heater a lot.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2020, 01:35:33 AM »
Also, shoes that bloody fit.

I bought 2 pairs of Adidas runners online. Size 14. Do they fit? No.

Now I have to return them. I should have some Asics trail runners arriving later in the week, in an extra wide fitting, they will hopefully be better.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2020, 04:46:28 AM »
22" Lexani's.

A torrens title place to live with a rear yard so I could have a doggy.

Why did I say Lexani's when I really want Blaque Diamonds? :scratchhead:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »
That sounds easier than regular knitting. I've tried the regular way multiple times and I keep dropping stitches, I'm terrible at it.

It's much much easier. I can't knit the regular way to save my life for the same reason as you. The loom holds all the stitches in place and you can still make all the same things. Right now I'm using the infinity loom because I want to make a blanket but I've also got them in other shapes to make hats and scarves. There's only three kinds, this one, a circular one and a rectangular one. It's not very spendy considering you can get so much use out of it.

This is the one I'm using right now:

https://canada.michaels.com/en/knit-quick-infinity-loom-by-loops-and-threads/10432233.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:32:17 AM by Phoenix »
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2020, 07:34:34 AM »
Multiple plane tickets.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2020, 10:40:19 AM »
Plane tickets? In this day and age? :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:11 PM »

It's much much easier. I can't knit the regular way to save my life for the same reason as you. The loom holds all the stitches in place and you can still make all the same things. Right now I'm using the infinity loom because I want to make a blanket but I've also got them in other shapes to make hats and scarves. There's only three kinds, this one, a circular one and a rectangular one. It's not very spendy considering you can get so much use out of it.

https://canada.michaels.com/en/knit-quick-infinity-loom-by-loops-and-threads/10432233.html
I think I've seen the same thing or something similar in Spotlight, which is a craft/household stuff shop here. Everywhere needs a Spotlight, that shop is addictive.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2020, 03:08:47 AM »

I think I've seen the same thing or something similar in Spotlight, which is a craft/household stuff shop here. Everywhere needs a Spotlight, that shop is addictive.
I gave up attempting to knit decades ago. Couldn't even knit little squares for a patchwork blanket, but they came out round. Yeah, round.  Seriously.
It's a bit of a relief to find out that there are other spazzes out there who can;t knit. I always seem to be running across spazzes who love knitting and proudly post pics of their awesome creations.  Ive even got one living upstairs from me, ATM. (Thanks for reminding me, Ms Fate, but I really didn't need that)  Makes me feel like a real spazz

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2020, 05:22:49 AM »

I gave up attempting to knit decades ago. Couldn't even knit little squares for a patchwork blanket, but they came out round. Yeah, round.  Seriously.
It's a bit of a relief to find out that there are other spazzes out there who can;t knit. I always seem to be running across spazzes who love knitting and proudly post pics of their awesome creations.  Ive even got one living upstairs from me, ATM. (Thanks for reminding me, Ms Fate, but I really didn't need that)  Makes me feel like a real spazz
Yeah I have exactly zero natural talent in this and I realized last night that I care less about finishing a project, I just find the repetitive actions soothing. So I basically just realized this is a socially appropriate stimming activity really. :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
If I could, a new car. I would really, really like a new car. There's this Suzuki Vitara which is always parked at the side of the road (I think the owner works at Centrelink) and it's a nice turquoise colour. I would like a car just like that.
Tek'ma'tae