Author Topic: What would you do if you had a Time Machine?  (Read 750 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: What would you do if you had a Time Machine?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
Hmm, maybe I could spread my asperger seed all through time so there would be more of us around.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
Hmm, maybe I could spread my asperger seed all through time so there would be more of us around.

Maybe you did, and we're all the result....  :o
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »

Maybe I did, but I haven't done it yet, so your job is to get me a time machine or all your asses wont exist  :evillaugh:

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »

Maybe I did, but I haven't done it yet, so your job is to get me a time machine or all your asses wont exist  :evillaugh:
But, since we already exist, I know that you will eventually get a time machine so I won't have to worry about finding you one.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »
I'd go to the future and check out all the cool inventions.

Then come back and patent them.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
I'd kill SOOOOOO many people.  :angel:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »

As long as you include Margret Thatcher in that list, I won't stop you  :zoinks:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »

As long as you include Margret Thatcher in that list, I won't stop you  :zoinks:

I have nothing against her. Then again, I'm not British.

I only remember her as the PM who kicked some Argentinian ass in the Falklands.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 05:23:45 AM »

I have nothing against her. Then again, I'm not British.

Scottish people and people from Northern Ireland hate her. I'm not sure about the Welsh, though.

The English, on the other hand are divided. They either see her as the Anti-Christ or as a Tory Goddess. It really depends on your political beliefs and on how much money you have.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 12:56:50 PM »
'either the antichrist or a tory goddess'

I thought those two were more or less functionally equivalent, if not actually identical.
As to theoretical time travel, wikipedia 'grandfather paradox', this one has been asked and thought on already.

And another thing is that whilst time does appear to be quantized, it also (appears to, at least in this instance of a universe) to proceed in a single direction, the name for this concept is 'times arrow' or the arrow of time. With the universe expanding, based on some stuff I read the other night on quantum gravity, the original 'point' particle, singularity or whatever you want to call it being infinitely dense and infinitely hot (presumably, since this is zero-dimensional, containing all the mass in the universe, if the time dimension and mass are coupled via gravity, which is inversely proportional to the distance in the attractive force of mass, depending on what mediates gravity, weather it is a field, or an actual graviton particle acting as a vector force, before symmetry breaking, yet instantaneous in exerting its effects (we think) on a target mass, couldn't we in essence, when things get far enough from each other couldn't there be a sort of elasticlike recoil, an inversion of gravitation leading things to in effect bounce back and drag the matter of the universe back with it, at least that proportion of matter that couples via the, electromagnetic, strong and weak nuclear forces, resulting in another singularity forming at sufficient densities and a corresponding big fuckoff great firecracker getting its fuse 'lit'? Some cosmology models do indeed postulate a big bounce or cyclic oscillating universe in which a big bang resulting from quantum vacuum energy fluctuations and creation of virtual particle/antiparticle pairs once temperatures eventually lower sufficiently to permit symmetry-breaking, with 'time' itself, as well as mass being meaningless (to us) before 1 planck time and mass respectively (in that this is the smallest part of the universe we can really hope to see, even if there are more universes, forming a multiverse), how can we then expect to ever observe what is by definition, outside the observable universe?

Quite possible I'm barking up the wrong sets of trees entirely, but I can only picture the energy scale required to travel backward in time as being prohibitively energetically intensive. Again maybe for the wrong reasons entirely. And possibly causing the big bad mother of all explosions if we did.

Wish I had the math knowledge or means to learn it to know or at least make testable postulates as to which such conclusions are more likely to be valid than others in such circumstances.

That said, I don't think anyone can take it TOO harshly out on me if its found I don't have the answer to life, the universe and meaning of everything (and the lottery numbers for some day this coming week :LOL:)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:59:28 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.