Educational

Author Topic: I went to a car show!  (Read 139 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
I went to a car show!
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »
Yesterday, I went to the first car show I have ever went to in my life. It was the Bunny Run street rods car show in Jackson, TN (because it was local to me) at the fairgrounds near downtown. I knew I was going to be there for a few hours, taking lots of pictures, so I brought some water and an extra battery for my cell phone. There were a ton of cars, mostly Chevy's, Ford's, and Mopar's from the 20's to the 70's. I snapped over 700 pictures, a few of which I uploaded to a Photobucket album here:

http://s632.photobucket.com/user/bydemonsbedriven/library/Bunny%20Run%20Car%20Show

It was fun, but stressful, and would've been nice to have at least one other loving person with me. My fair skin HATED the sunny and windy weather, my arms, ears, and especially the back of my neck got sunburned. That was quite stupid of me not to bother with sunscreen. While I loved seeing cars like the '67 Pontiac Firebird 400, the '57 Chevy Bel Air, and the Willys Jeepster in the flesh, I think I would have been happier staying home and not getting burned or stressed out by the crowds, just to see cars that you see on the Internet a million times.

That said, there were hundreds of awesome cars at the show, the people were nice and considerate, and I have a collection of high quality pictures (well, as high quality as a fat idiot with a smartphone can get) for my personal pleasure. :zoinks:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: I went to a car show!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
That's awesome. Jack did fun but stressful stuff too this weekend.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Great pictures!!

There were some awesome cars there.

I do okay at car shows, usually so busy staring at all the rides I forget there are people around me.  :LOL:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »
Yesterday we were looking for a particular address and PA had me stop at a business so he could ask for directions.  The sign on the door said to go to the side entrance/driveway.  When we drove through it turned out to be a Daimler/Rolls Royce repair shop.  I just wanted to stay there forever and ever.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: