Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 9290 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Global Warming
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »
San Jose IS very expensive and has a lot of problems with gangs these days. Of course it depends on exactly where you live. San Jose is probably alot like O.C. except the drivers are more rutheless out here.  :vader:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2007, 07:00:02 AM »
I knew because I used to live in California, but I thought some others might not know him.

Where in California did you live ??

San Jose.

I'm sorry.  :'(

Makes perfect sense why you moved to Colorado!!  ;) :laugh:

I did not move straight here after leaving California.  I lived in three other states first.

I thought that San Jose, California was a nice place to live, but very expensive.  I was struck by how polite the other drivers were.  They would make a gap and let you merge.  Also, the weather was very nice, if you did not mind semi-arid conditions.

instinct for survival made this so.
remember all the freeway shootings?

the term roadrage came from California as well.  Litigious only perfected the concept recently when he blew up the traffic sign.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2007, 07:02:40 AM »
San Jose IS very expensive and has a lot of problems with gangs these days. Of course it depends on exactly where you live. San Jose is probably alot like O.C. except the drivers are more rutheless out here.  :vader:

It was over ten years ago when I lived there.  I noticed that the drivers were less polite in the Los Angeles area than they were further north.

Litigious

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
People drive more ruthless in Sweden nowadays than they did when I got my license. They drive pretty bad, though. The Germans drive even more ruthless, but most of them drive very good. Do you know that the German word for "driver license" is "Führerschein", by the way?  ;D

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2007, 07:15:17 AM »
Many drive around here they need to get there first.
Guardian of the Empire

Litigious

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2007, 07:16:59 AM »
I'm King in my car. Sunday drivers better beware of me.  :angel:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
Which could easily make you as bad a driver as the ones you're accusing. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2007, 07:33:35 AM »
I've driven thousands of miles -- Swedish miles -- and I've only been in accidents twice; the first time I drove off the road shortly after I got my license, but I wasn't hurt and the car wasn't badly damaged. The second time was a couple of years ago, when I was involved in an accident with a MC driver. It was at least half his fault, since he drove too fast. I was found "guilty", though, since I made a left turn, and had to pay 600 SEK in fines.  :(

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
what is a MC driver?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2007, 07:59:38 AM »
Motor Cycle.  ;)

Litigious

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:45 AM »
A Swedish mile is 10 km, by the way. It's more than 6 English miles.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »
I've driven thousands of miles -- Swedish miles -- and I've only been in accidents twice; the first time I drove off the road shortly after I got my license, but I wasn't hurt and the car wasn't badly damaged. The second time was a couple of years ago, when I was involved in an accident with a MC driver. It was at least half his fault, since he drove too fast. I was found "guilty", though, since I made a left turn, and had to pay 600 SEK in fines.  :(

I have driven over 100,000 U. S. miles and I was the driver in only one accident.  I was waiting in a line of cars for a car that was about three or four cars ahead of me to turn left and a seventeen year old boy who had not had his license for very long rear-ended me and clipped another car.  The accident was not my fault and there was no way that I could have avoided it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

I have driven over 100,000 U. S. miles and I was the driver in only one accident.  I was waiting in a line of cars for a car that was about three or four cars ahead of me to turn left and a seventeen year old boy who had not had his license for very long rear-ended me and clipped another car.  The accident was not my fault and there was no way that I could have avoided it.

Where did this accident happen ??

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
The accident happened in Baton Rouge, Louisiana when I lived there.  I have lived in several different states in the US.

Scrapheap

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »
The accident happened in Baton Rouge, Louisiana when I lived there.  I have lived in several different states in the US.

Whew!!! I thought you were talking about me for a second!!! I did that when I was in my late teens.  :emb: