Educational

Author Topic: What is this weird thing on my back?  (Read 501 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What is this weird thing on my back?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:50:14 PM »
Necrotized brings forth images that rotted doesn't quite cover.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 04:55:14 AM »
It might be a tick bite, but it doesn't really look like that either. But if it is a tick bite, you should get antibiotics as fast as you could.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 08:22:37 AM »
Go to the doctor, Shima.

I had a spider bite and it looked similar, at first. Actually, it was several in the same place. Apparently it had gotten caught in my covers while I was sleeping (just one more reason to give up sleeping  :laugh: ) Within a few days it looked like a huge bruise, but it didn't heal for months. I went to the doctor on the fourth day, as it was still growing, and he was able to counteract some of the poisons. It was not painful right at the punctures, because it was a type of nerve poison, but the surrounding area was very painful from quick swelling. Kind of like a supernova zit, only the bite was causing irreversable damage to the tissues.

Usually a tick bite will have a single puncture, and quite often a head, broken off inside. No problem to the tick population for one to loose its head, since even as it dies it can find a safe spot and if it's a fertilized female its body will still protect the developing eggs. So, you'll have many more on the way.

Go to the doctor, Shima.

I like your back, too. I get these ideas ...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:26:16 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

hiroshima

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »
I will force myself but I really don't want to go... I will make an appointment now :(.

duncvis

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:21 PM »
From personal experience, I'd say a nicotine patch could well cause that - mine itched like fuck and turned red and rashy. I'd say if it persists go to the doc, otherwise don't bother.

hiroshima

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 03:05:38 PM »
I find it very interesting that no one, so far, has questioned how the small of my back came into contact with someone's nicotene patch.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »
I find it very interesting that no one, so far, has questioned how the small of my back came into contact with someone's nicotene patch.

Spooning with an addict, Shima?

I just assumed you used the patch in order to prevent nicotine cravings.  I don't know if you smoke or not.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »
First and foremost, I will say go to the Doctor or a walk in clinic for an evaluation.  To at least put your mind at ease!  Secondly, without knowing where you live, it could be any number of kinds of insects that could have bitten you.  I have heard about an increase in bed bug bites from people in hotels, B&B's (bed and breakfasts) in the US.  My wife had a guy show up at her pharmacy who had bed bug bites really bad from a local northern New Hampshire B&B that he was staying at.

The fact that it has decreased and doesn't have any signs of necrotization is good!  If it was a spider bite, you would have been at the Doctor long before you posted that picture.

Finally, it might be a good idea to do a thorough sweep thru the house periodically to keep the bugs at bay!  Thats not a comment on your housekeeping, it's just a fact that bugs will migrate to wear it's warm at this time of year no matter how clean the house is.  With the bugs come the things which prey on them!  The endless battle!

As for the nicotine patch, unless you have extremely sensitive skin, a touch/exposure to one will not do that to you!