Educational

Author Topic: I'm bringing sexy back!  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: I'm bringing sexy back!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
  I guess the $100 set aside for "other" would cover the cost of food.  Not enough for me though!  :autism:
Food and shelter should never be miscellaneous in a budget.

If wwe can't stick to the budget, we must try harder!  Get more jobs!  Eat less!    :whipped:
:laugh:

Your posts are all fours and ones.

My posts are fours and twos.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »
Some of the figures in that budget are very low; not sure who is getting health insurance for 20/month. Food and gasoline aren't included.

Because owning a car is a god-given right?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »
Some of the figures in that budget are very low; not sure who is getting health insurance for 20/month. Food and gasoline aren't included.

For as lacking as the public transportation infrastructure is in the USA, and as for the gazillion or so cars you see on the road, all with a wide breadth of maintenance levels, and all of the car dealerships along the way... sometimes you wonder.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 11:07:33 PM »
/shrugs

I know the public transportation infrastructure in the US sucks.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »
I have to say, where I am, the public transport is good. I am five minutes' walk from the bus stop. I catch two buses and a train to get to uni and I use that time to study. Better than driving as petrol is so expensive.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:27 AM »

It just seemed odd that car payments and car insurance were part of the budget and not gas. For anyone who doesn't live in a city, can't imagine not having a car. Public transport is good where I am now, but used to live in the country and cant imagine having to cycle into town when it took forty minutes to drive there. If anything on that budget seems a luxury, it cable tv and phone.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 02:15:58 AM »
/shrugs

I know the public transportation infrastructure in the US sucks.
Probably only in rural areas, but would guess that's true anywhere.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 02:32:19 AM »

It just seemed odd that car payments and car insurance were part of the budget and not gas. For anyone who doesn't live in a city, can't imagine not having a car. Public transport is good where I am now, but used to live in the country and cant imagine having to cycle into town when it took forty minutes to drive there. If anything on that budget seems a luxury, it cable tv and phone.

Without a phone and a computer, banking becomes almost impossible, nowadays. And computers can't be to old either, or the bank will not see it as safe enough to do banking on. Maybe that is different in the USA, but here it is the case.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 02:38:54 AM »

Without a phone and a computer, banking becomes almost impossible, nowadays. And computers can't be to old either, or the bank will not see it as safe enough to do banking on. Maybe that is different in the USA, but here it is the case.

Personally don't do any banking on the computer. Can understand most would see phone as a necessity of life, that's true, just don't like them so that's a bias.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:40:48 AM by Jack »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:27 AM »

Personally don't do any banking on the computer. Can understand most would see phone as a necessity of life, that's true, just don't like them so that's a bias.
My monthly income arrives on five different days, so I cannot rely on a single day there to be enough to pay all my monthly bills. Computer banking makes that I get a grip on my finances. Way back, when I knew all my money would come in on the same day, it was easier. Paper banking takes about a week to be processed. I would not know how to be accurate with it, with the way my money comes in now. (Of course, if need be, I could, but this is way more easy)

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 03:04:11 AM »
That makes sense. Kind of paranoid about the internet, so try to stay away from anything which involves my identity. Mostly read and whisper to the spazzes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:05:44 AM by Jack »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2014, 03:08:40 AM »
That makes sense. Kind of paranoid about the internet, so try to stay away from anything which involves my identity. Mostly read and whisper to the spazzes.

That makes sense too. I dreaded online banking for a long time. Five years ago I made the step. And I would not like to go back. I am not pleased at all with all kinds of organisations relying on online contact only. Here contact with unemployment agencies, sick-leaves and such are almost completely online things. Sucks, takes the human factor out of it, and it does not look to be any more effective than the old ways.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »

That makes sense too. I dreaded online banking for a long time. Five years ago I made the step. And I would not like to go back. I am not pleased at all with all kinds of organisations relying on online contact only. Here contact with unemployment agencies, sick-leaves and such are almost completely online things. Sucks, takes the human factor out of it, and it does not look to be any more effective than the old ways.

Personally I'm happy whenever the human factor is removed from the equation.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »

Personally I'm happy whenever the human factor is removed from the equation.

Here you can get fined if you are too late with giving information to a system that is down for a day. I prefer the human factor when it comes to things like that. System is horrible in lay-out and options too. Trying to upload a resume is a struggle that will take days, simply because it will only allow job experiences that fit it's own job description, but, you do not get a list to pick from. Disastrous thing.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2014, 02:40:41 AM »
I don't want to talk to people.

- Albert Einstein