Author Topic: Dirty Dancing - the musical being promoted on the local Radio  (Read 275 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Dirty Dancing - the musical being promoted on the local Radio
« on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:20 AM »
It is of course based on the movie Dirty Dancing. It was a HUGE hit in the 1980's. Real girly flick and all the girls and women seemed to love it.

What was it about? Not overly sure, but I thin kit was something along the lines of a pedophile Dancing Instructor in his mid to late twenties, grooming an impressionable teenage girl.

Romantic as Hell  :headbang2:

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Dirty Dancing - the musical being promoted on the local Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »
I don't get the need to make musicals out of films.

Billy Elliot is being turned in one too. Imagining a song of the Clash being used in an overly expensive musical is so weird.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
The Commitments is a musical, too. Although in all fairness, there are quite a few good songs in that one so maybe it works.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
The Commitments is a musical, too. Although in all fairness, there are quite a few good songs in that one so maybe it works.

Guessing you want to acquire a reel copy?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »
It is of course based on the movie Dirty Dancing. It was a HUGE hit in the 1980's. Real girly flick and all the girls and women seemed to love it.

What was it about? Not overly sure, but I thin kit was something along the lines of a pedophile Dancing Instructor in his mid to late twenties, grooming an impressionable teenage girl.

Romantic as Hell  :headbang2:

Somewhere around here is Dirty Dancing 1 and 2 (Havana Nights)....one of my mom's favorites, along with half a dozen Bruce Willis movies, MIB, and the Jurassic Park series...although she didn't care that much for #2, she always said Patrick Swayze looked much better in tight pants. :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 01:21:31 AM »

Guessing you want to acquire a reel copy?

I'd love to.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein