Educational

Author Topic: a coupla more  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: a coupla more
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:35:40 PM »

she hates tea, she said no effing way.

Red raspberry leaf comes in capsule form also.  You can get it at a health food store.  What were her other two labors like?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 06:35:57 PM »
You can get red raspberry leaf tablets too apparently.

Edited to add- oops posted at the same time :LOL:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 06:38:49 PM »

she hates tea, she said no effing way.

Red raspberry leaf comes in capsule form also.  You can get it at a health food store.  What were her other two labors like?
both of the other children were eight days late, which would be 17 days from now.
the first one happened completely naturally, i think she lost her mucus plug a coupla days prior.
her labor lasted about two days.

the second was induced. and labor was about eight hours.

both of my girls were about 22 inches long and 9 1/2 pounds.  vaginal birth, no c-sections.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 07:36:51 PM »
My brother is a sagittarius. His temper is awful. But I'm not sure wether or not to believe in astrology.

No truth in it at all. There's never been a single proof of it working, ever, but there's plenty of evidence of the contrary.

I disagree. I've studied astrology a long time and most of it tends to be true when it comes to people's personality traits. Horoscopes, on the other hand are usually bull shit.

hiroshima

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »
Tell her to have her membranes stripped, but they might not do it till closer to her due date.  She could also drink castor oil, but she shouldn't do that till the 15th or so.

Oooo I am excited!!!!  An Intensity birth! :cheer:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 08:45:03 PM »
Is the idea here that the baby will come out to give you the finger and tell you to stop prodding it with that thing?  Why do you want it to come out sooner rather than later?  Won't it be healthier if it stays in for longer?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

hiroshima

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »
It's more dangerous to go postdates than early.  Technically a baby is full term at 37 weeks.

You could have her take tincture (RRL, or blue cohosh), but other than stripping the membranes and the castor oil (or hospital induction), you've just got to wait ;).

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:28 PM »
Stripping the membranes sounds uncomfortable.  What is it?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »
It's more dangerous to go postdates than early.  Technically a baby is full term at 37 weeks.

You could have her take tincture (RRL, or blue cohosh), but other than stripping the membranes and the castor oil (or hospital induction), you've just got to wait ;).
peter she is 39 weeks.

the other two were 41 weeks and 1 day.
full term is supposed to be 40 weeks.  but 37 is considered acceptable.
Misunderstood.

hiroshima

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 10:53:07 PM »

It's running a finger around the interior of the cervix to slightly detach the amniotic sac... it's a strong stimulator of prostaglandins.  It hurts maybe 4 on a scale of 1-10.

This is what McJ could naturally do if he had a couple more inches!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 10:54:31 PM »

It's running a finger around the interior of the cervix to slightly detach the amniotic sac... it's a strong stimulator of prostaglandins.  It hurts maybe 4 on a scale of 1-10.

This is what McJ could naturally do if he had a couple more inches!
or if my wife would let me do it doggie like.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 02:48:11 AM »
My brother is a sagittarius. His temper is awful. But I'm not sure wether or not to believe in astrology.

No truth in it at all. There's never been a single proof of it working, ever, but there's plenty of evidence of the contrary.

I disagree. I've studied astrology a long time and most of it tends to be true when it comes to people's personality traits. Horoscopes, on the other hand are usually bull shit.

There's been a number of studies clearly showing that the percentages aren't higher with astrology than with coincidence, but none showing that astrology actually works. Personality traits are usually very subjective because a personality description can be made to fit almost anyone.

If you study the physics behind, the fact of the matter is that the coffee cup in my hand causes more gravitational pull on me than any of the planets, save one. Scientifically, there is no way that the stars or the planets have influence over anyone's personality. Some dead stars, yes, since all heavy metals around us originate from past supernovas, but live ones, nope.

We do agree on horoscopes being bs, though. ;)

I have degrees in physics and astronomy, btw.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 03:05:52 AM »
Even if you had a couple more inches I doubt you'd be able to sweep the membranes through sex, the movements necessary are completely different.

The reason why I warned you that it might be better to let nature take its cause isn't because being born at 37 weeks would be unhealthy, but that trying to being on labour before time can bring on a weaker labour and lead to medical intervention being neccessary.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 07:38:07 AM »
that is why we say no to the caster oil and yes to the sex, walking and even fresh pineapples.
all natural acts.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 08:23:42 AM »
I think that's a good approach to take, that way you're doing what you can to try coax labour to start if she's ready, but you're not going to  cause problems if she isn't.  She has my sympathy I know how uncomfortable the last few weeks can be.