Educational

Author Topic: Helllllllllloooooooo INTENSITY!!  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
Re: Helllllllllloooooooo INTENSITY!!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »
I have got a fiancee, and a 2 year old son, who thankfully is completely normal.
I am an electrician for the state energy supplier. My immediate boss has a son with Aspergers,
so it seems like he's giving me a helping hand to fasttrack my career.
Well, I have completely lost interest in autism. Except where it benefits me, of course lol.
I used it in my application for WA Apprentice of the Year and it basically got me to the finals haha.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 11:13:59 PM »
Welcome back. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27:22 AM »
I thought you said McJ was gone? I just saw he was last online today.
McGiver he's now known as?

McJ  is gone in the sense that he is rarely here and almost never posts.

Seems so, anyway.

Just curious, but I remember you as a disruptive influence to the board.  If I can recall correctly, you made a lot of posts that "resulted"  in extended discussions, not the least of which may have been "against" you and your posting style.

I am looking forward to you re-entering the "fray/foray" just to enliven this dying place a bit, if nothing more.

For my part of it, I ask  for you to incept rapture upon this place and let judgement begin!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 03:01:10 AM »
Me? Disruptive? I hardly think so. I merely brought a bit of maturity and logic to this otherwise chaotic and childish arena.
And you are correct, Peegai and Dunc and McJ took a certain offense at my posting style. However, much of that attitude was somewhat exaggerated and not entirely felt by those of us partaking in what I considered farcical arguments.
Outside the public arena, in private messages, McJ and Peegai and I were all rather quite civil. One could almost say friendly.
I will attempt to foster a like relationship with some of the new members here. I'm sure you will come to remember why I seemed so disliked here :)
To kick start us off, I will add that everyone here seems like bloody pansies. What's up with people having over 20k posts? Get out in the real world, peeps. Find a girlfriend and get laid. Pay for it, if you have to. In the long run, its cheaper than having a girlfriend, and you don't have to worry about knocking her up. I can guarantee reality will become a lot more interesting than some lame forum like I2.
Danlo

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 03:03:05 AM »
Me? Disruptive? I hardly think so. I merely brought a bit of maturity and logic to this otherwise chaotic and childish arena.
And you are correct, Peegai and Dunc and McJ took a certain offense at my posting style. However, much of that attitude was somewhat exaggerated and not entirely felt by those of us partaking in what I considered farcical arguments.
Outside the public arena, in private messages, McJ and Peegai and I were all rather quite civil. One could almost say friendly.
I will attempt to foster a like relationship with some of the new members here. I'm sure you will come to remember why I seemed so disliked here :)
To kick start us off, I will add that everyone here seems like bloody pansies. What's up with people having over 20k posts? Get out in the real world, peeps. Find a girlfriend and get laid. Pay for it, if you have to. In the long run, its cheaper than having a girlfriend, and you don't have to worry about knocking her up. I can guarantee reality will become a lot more interesting than some lame forum like I2.
Danlo

Well then, I think you should rock the fuck out and invite more "friends."

I never said you were disliked, only that you provoked extended discussion.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 03:05:43 AM »
Get out in the real world, peeps.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »
Incidentally, I arrived way too late to experience "things" first hand.  I only read previous posts.

It was possible in the early days to read the entire board cover to cover.  It would be almost impossible to do so these days.

My invitation stands!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »
Oooh and I love your signature, Renaeden. Tek'ma'tae indeed!
God I love stargate.
I have been thinking about watching Stargate Atlantis all the way through again. Thought that Stargate Universe was really getting good and then it finished. :(

I have PMed you. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 04:32:52 AM »
SGU sure was getting pretty good. I didn't enjoy it at first, but it grew on me. I heard some other syndicate got the rights to stargate and were considering a new series with new characters.
My posts on here, DirtDawg, never really provoked any discussion. Most of the posts revolved around the old Call Out forum where one person tried to "own" the other. Not a discussion in any sense of the term.
Back on WP, I played devil's advocate and took the opposite point of view to many posts. This fostered some very good discussions, most especially in regards to narcissism. I fear it was these posts that lead to the widespread belief that I was myself a narcissist. It was a label I gladly accepted because it was such a fun position to play.
I'll take a look at the boards and see if I can accommodate your request.
Danny

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 04:54:33 AM »
Hi guys. What's happened in the past 3 years? I see this place is still getting some newcomers.
Peaguy, McJ, who's still here?
Dhanlow :P

G'day. Last three years, what has happened? Well...ummm......stuff?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 05:01:16 AM »
Very enlightening, Al. Thank you.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
Very enlightening, Al. Thank you.

Pleasure
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
Aspies for Freedom closed its doors. That is kind of news. It was very sad. We all went into mourning..........or something

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »
Aspies for Freedom closed its doors. That is kind of news. It was very sad. We all went into mourning..........or something

You cried. :hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 05:57:18 PM »
Is this n00b still here? Did I miss all the fun? :GA:
:gopher: