• Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: tweet?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 08:01:24 PM »
Government officials tweet?

President Obama's Twitter account.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 03:08:52 AM »
Most politicians have Twitter now

TheoK

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:20 AM »
They should be attached to a rope instead  :agreed: :indeed: :viking:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:48 AM »
Government officials tweet?

President Obama's Twitter account.

No doubt he actually reads it. Know someone who is facebook 'friends' with Ted Nugent. It strikes as laughable in the same way.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »
Nope. inb4 called a psychotic stalker.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 05:11:14 AM »

Huh?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »

Huh?

A wisecrack at how the media portrays those who don't use social media. You're either branded a potential stalker/psycho/whatever the buzzword of the week is and/or their favorite, a loner who may shoot up a school/do something bad.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 05:17:35 AM »
But social networking sites are the psycho stalker's playground. Haven't noticed the media portray images people who don't use social media.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 05:28:19 AM »
But social networking sites are the psycho stalker's playground.

And there lies the paradox. Because indeed, social networking sites are a excellent location for those people to easily prey on others, yet, the media likes to also portray those who don't use it the same thing because of the whole, "They've got something to hide" bullshit.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 05:30:17 AM »
Added to my post before you responded. Haven't ever seen any negative portrayal of people who don't use social media. Can you give an example? 

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »
Added to my post before you responded. Haven't ever seen any negative portrayal of people who don't use social media. Can you give an example?

It's been a while, can't remember any specific examples. But I do distinctively remember something about how some employers won't even hire you if you don't have a social media account because you're not trustworthy. It's not as direct as "OMG you're a stalker if you don't use it", it's more subtle like, "If you're not using social media, you may be viewed as... according to this recent study" and it'll try to be as passive as possible while holding certain negative undertones.

Sorry anecdotal is as best as I can do really.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:20 AM »

It's been a while, can't remember any specific examples. But I do distinctively remember something about how some employers won't even hire you if you don't have a social media account because you're not trustworthy. It's not as direct as "OMG you're a stalker if you don't use it", it's more subtle like, "If you're not using social media, you may be viewed as... according to this recent study" and it'll try to be as passive as possible while holding certain negative undertones.

That's okay. Would be seriously creeped out by an employer who cared to be a part of my social media. :laugh:

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:30 AM »

That's okay. Would be seriously creeped out by an employer who cared to be a part of my social media. :laugh:

As would I. Mind you to them it's more about sussing out potential liabilities before they hire you. If you don't have a social media profile, they'll assume you're hiding something and trash your resume. While understandable, I find it disturbing because it allows employers to discriminate your application over trivial details, instead of just considering your credentials.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »

So you can be up to date on things they want you to know.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »

So you can be up to date on things they want you to know.
no.
So we can make easier our communication with them. Express our concerns . So that hey can better represent our needs.
Lol
Misunderstood.