Educational

Author Topic: ASDC is having some issues  (Read 10562 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: ASDC is having some issues
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
That's the core of my beef here, ASDC was one of the few sites left where you could talk to those people.

But I did not see you talking to these people the last few months. Not even in the shoutbox.
For a long time it was Dunc, Ozy and me, with BB doing two hit and run posts. Then it was mainly Lit and me, with Some-Bloke, Tits McGee and Al posting haphazardly.

Would I like a place where I could talk to them? Sure. Would I go to lengths and try and find them on FB? Probably not. But it was less and less appealing to go to ASDC. I was the most constant member logging in this year. And I was about to stop with doing that too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
That's the core of my beef here, ASDC was one of the few sites left where you could talk to those people.

But I did not see you talking to these people the last few months. Not even in the shoutbox.

I don't think I saw people posting in that shoutbox that often in general, let alone engaging in full conversations.  :dunno:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »

By claiming to be a support site, he owes the membership to live up to a higher standard than some side project that can be tossed aside when he gets bored with it.

Proof, or GTFO

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »

By claiming to be a support site, he owes the membership to live up to a higher standard than some side project that can be tossed aside when he gets bored with it.

Proof, or GTFO

:LMAO:

OMFG!!! Chairbert is Nerd of a Redhead!!!   :rofl:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »
There have been countless autism spectrum boards, "support" boards and otherwise, that have died out from lack of members. I don't see why this one is a sign of some moral failing on Al's part. Retaining members is a logistical question, not an ethical one.

If it's a support site, then it's both an ethical and logigistical question.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »
There have been countless autism spectrum boards, "support" boards and otherwise, that have died out from lack of members. I don't see why this one is a sign of some moral failing on Al's part. Retaining members is a logistical question, not an ethical one.

Your claim not mine. Now back it. (In the callout Scrappy)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
OMFG!!! Chairbert is Nerd of a Redhead!!!

I keep trying, but I can't parse that into English.  Might have gotten lost around the proper nouns Nerd and Redhead?  Is one a place?  :dunno:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »

I keep trying, but I can't parse that into English.  Might have gotten lost around the proper nouns Nerd and Redhead?  Is one a place?  :dunno:

It's a bit of an esoteric reference, but Nerd of a Redhead is one of the commentariat at Pharangula (blog of PZ Myers).

He's a notorious idiot for asking for citations and evidence when the statement doesn't even apply, kinda like what you did.

http://thingsbaboonssay.tumblr.com/post/38831395764/nerd-of-redhead-squawker-of-citation-needed

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2015, 07:18:57 PM »
If you are going to make a fool out of yourself here, you may as well make is out of yourself in the callout.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »

It's a bit of an esoteric reference, but Nerd of a Redhead is one of the commentariat at Pharangula (blog of PZ Myers).

He's a notorious idiot

Then it seems you have a lot in common  :autism:

for asking for citations and evidence when the statement doesn't even apply, kinda like what you did.

How does it not apply? You claimed that Al said things, you claimed things about ASDC and you were asked to back up said claims.

You could have easily said something like "ehhh well Al said these things on ASDC so I can't prove it" it smells like bullshit, sure but at least it's some kind of response.  :dunno:

Of course, as usual you dance around the topic and resort to petty insults like some kind of teenager. If you're going to post bullshit, at least try and back it up. Even religious nutcases at least try to back up their bullshit.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »

How does it not apply? You claimed that Al said things, you claimed things about ASDC and you were asked to back up said claims.

S_B, you have shit for fucking reading comprehension.

Go back and look at what was written and for the love of FSM, try to follow along, ok?? 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »

Go back and look at what was written and for the love of FSM, try to follow along, ok??

I have said exactly what SB said here and on the callout. Back it up Scrap.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »

Your claim not mine. Now back it. (In the callout Scrappy)

Scrap, do you think you would have been capable of providing the necessary support in Al's absence?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2015, 11:54:58 PM »
Scrap, go back your shit up in the callout.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #329 on: April 04, 2015, 05:36:22 AM »

I have an A in GCSE English Literature, so I'm pretty sure my reading comprehension is fine and dandy thank you very much.  :M

Reply to the callout, okay sweetheart??  :asthing: