Educational

Author Topic: How to stop the hatred for Congress  (Read 544 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
How to stop the hatred for Congress
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »
You pay them what an average person on SS retired or otherwise gets which is about 12,400 a year I think.
They make over 6 figures. its completely hilarious these assholes have no problem cutting benefits for the rest of us but when it comes time to vote in a pay raise for themselves I don't think they have ever taken a pay cut.

You wanna tell some guy making 12 thousand dollars a year that foodstamps are a bad choice for him and possibly his family, and yet you take like a three month "break" and hardly do any work exept bitch and complain about how jesus Christ gets no love in the schools and oh by the way if you have an abortion your going to hell? All the while the country teaters on disaster of finachial ruin you play with yet, more Idealogical BS.

I think If you pay these people a meager salary because shouldn't public service come from the generation of Ideas, and not how much does the job pay? Of course it should. I particularly hate the "Tan" man, The guy that looks like a fucking Turtle in the Senate, Eric Cantor the Jew boy who loves Jesus, and That fuckface Paul Ryan. These Jaggoffs need to thrown into the ocean head first, bound and of course lit on fire before checking out the bottom of the Ocean, where they will meet Posidan and really learn the meaning of True godly power.

Do you have any Ideas for making Congress better? Tell us here. 
:skywarp:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
Re: How to stop the hatred for Congress
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
We have what I think is an admirable, yet still incomplete, system of checks and balances in this country.  While to my knowledge every constitutional amendment to date has come out of congress, section V of the constitution provides for the states to call for a constitutional convention that can write amendments, and these amendments will be sent to the state legislators as if they had passed congress.  That's the only realistic option we have now for taking away congress's ability to vote itself a pay-raise.  Some state legislators may see the national legislature on their career path.  Yet, they are closer in terms of time, place, and money to the people who actually voted for them than national legislators.

Wolf-PAC is currently trying to use the same legal structure to end corporate personhood and remove the status of "speech act" from the spending of money.  If they get such a convention, it may be worth it to contact whoever is chosen to attend and try to get that in.  I'm all in favor of less corporate control of elections, and I think that'll make congress much more responsible.  But the congressional salary thing irks me as well. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
We have what I think is an admirable, yet still incomplete, system of checks and balances in this country.  While to my knowledge every constitutional amendment to date has come out of congress, section V of the constitution provides for the states to call for a constitutional convention that can write amendments, and these amendments will be sent to the state legislators as if they had passed congress.  That's the only realistic option we have now for taking away congress's ability to vote itself a pay-raise.  Some state legislators may see the national legislature on their career path.  Yet, they are closer in terms of time, place, and money to the people who actually voted for them than national legislators.

Wolf-PAC is currently trying to use the same legal structure to end corporate personhood and remove the status of "speech act" from the spending of money.  If they get such a convention, it may be worth it to contact whoever is chosen to attend and try to get that in.  I'm all in favor of less corporate control of elections, and I think that'll make congress much more responsible.  But the congressional salary thing irks me as well.

That made me moist.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

That made me moist.  :zoinks:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »
Very few members of Congress rely on their salary, they are mostly millionaires.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
Very few members of Congress rely on their salary, they are mostly millionaires.

This would be a better president than the last two. Not even joking.

I will never stop...

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »

Plato had his leaders completely property-less, fed only by the community.  I dislike many of his ideas, but I kinda like that one  :GA:

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »

Plato had his leaders completely property-less, fed only by the community.  I dislike many of his ideas, but I kinda like that one  :GA:

:agreed: :viking:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:20 AM »

she has a point. 
Millionaires are the ones who effectively run campaigns.
I agree with your point above about corporate personhood.  But we also need publicly funded campaigns.
I believe NYC is currently working on that type of law.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »
I like the propertyless leader idea, but its going the other way.
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
i like the part where you are a homeless man, giving blowjobs behinds the dumpster for money.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »
They live in a community where property doesn't really belong to anyone. In that society you can't get homeless.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
Passing along an idea I heard from a woman I met yesterday at a public hearing.  She says we should require all representatives to stay in their home district, and commute digitally.  That way, they will be within driving or even walking distance of the people they represent. 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
i like the part where you are a homeless man, giving blowjobs behinds the dumpster for money.

You like nonexistent things, then. Your gay fantasies are your own business, sir.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »

And if they are not they soon are after they leave congress and get jobs as lobbyists or somewhere else they can use their influence.  I feel many would do the job for free just for that reason 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw