Author Topic: Study: Earth will be uninhabitable in 1.75 billion years  (Read 1395 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Study: Earth will be uninhabitable in 1.75 billion years
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »
We have the technology now to move the earth away to maintain a constant safe distance.  It will take a long time to matter, so moving a few asteroids here and there should take care of it.  Then again, eventually we'll become too close to Mars, so something will have to be done about that.

We'll just have to invade and incorporate Mars, that's what the Romans would have done.  :viking:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
We have the technology now to move the earth away to maintain a constant safe distance.  It will take a long time to matter, so moving a few asteroids here and there should take care of it.  Then again, eventually we'll become too close to Mars, so something will have to be done about that.

We'll just have to invade and incorporate Mars, that's what the Romans would have done.  :viking:

I was thinking of finding some way to increase Mars's mass and restart its geological engine.  I think if we pile enough uranium on one part of the planet, and keep adding mass, it will sink to the core and begin convection again.  Tharsis would be a good place to start that.  Then we could maneouvre the Earth into orbit around it.  We may have to eject the moon from our orbit first.  But afterwards, we could set it around the double-planet system we'd constructed.  This would be accomplished by great timescales and computers of presently unknown power. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »

I was thinking of finding some way to increase Mars's mass and restart its geological engine.  I think if we pile enough uranium on one part of the planet, and keep adding mass, it will sink to the core and begin convection again.  Tharsis would be a good place to start that.  Then we could maneouvre the Earth into orbit around it.  We may have to eject the moon from our orbit first.  But afterwards, we could set it around the double-planet system we'd constructed.  This would be accomplished by great timescales and computers of presently unknown power.

:orly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »

:orly:

:yarly:   :GA:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
You guys I thought they knew what killed planets. the core shutting down? or turning into a solid piece of metal, after all.
The core drives most of the planets ecosystem, force fields etc. If we don't have a molten nickel aluminuim cock rotating and churning, I'm afraid this is what happened to Mars.
:skywarp:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
You guys I thought they knew what killed planets. the core shutting down? or turning into a solid piece of metal, after all.
The core drives most of the planets ecosystem, force fields etc. If we don't have a molten nickel aluminuim cock rotating and churning, I'm afraid this is what happened to Mars.

What would that have to do with anything?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:26 PM »
Well. I believe its like the domino effect.
If you don't have a Atmosphere, the radiation from the sun & space will surly kill all life on the surface

Etc. space radiation is a real issue
:skywarp:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
We are protected by our atmosphere.  We are also protected by our magnetic field.  Apparently, charged particles can strip away our atmosphere in addition to whatever other harm they can do.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 08:14:06 AM »
We are protected by our atmosphere.  We are also protected by our magnetic field.  Apparently, charged particles can strip away our atmosphere in addition to whatever other harm they can do.

I looked at the science of this, and the magnetosphere seems to be self replenishing. As far as current research says, the core does seem to be related to this.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »

I looked at the science of this, and the magnetosphere seems to be self replenishing. As far as current research says, the core does seem to be related to this.

???

The magnetosphere is no longer generated by the spinning hunk of iron at the Earth's core?

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »

???

The magnetosphere is no longer generated by the spinning hunk of iron at the Earth's core?

Mars is the planet whose magnetosphere has stopped.  Ours is still going. 

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

???

Well, that's good ;)

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »

???

Well, that's good ;)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »
  My girth generates its own magnetosphere. 

I disable magnetically braced-open doors as I pass through them.  :M :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »

???

Well, that's good ;)
Not for the Martians. They have been reduced into exploring other planets with anal  :probe: probes and penis sheaths.  :(