Educational

Author Topic: what are you opinions on panhandlening?  (Read 833 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: what are you opinions on panhandlening?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

IN reality, maybe to understand, you should join them with nothing but fifty cents and a worn out blanket.

Try that for a few weeks and see how it goes for you when some asshole "socks you in the jaw and walks off" just for you having asked for his spare change.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
I think it's a ridiculous law.  Anti-harassment law, sure.  As-is, it seems to just criminalize poverty, which, well, jesus fucking christ:bangbang:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
if you're prepared to sit on the street in the pissing down rain or freezing cold just to get a few coppers and 20ps off people while most walk past ignoring you, then youve got it pretty bad.

it's not a "business"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »

I don't think it should be illegal, it does make me uncomfortable though at times, especially the pushy types when they're drumming for a cause handing out flyers and crap.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »

IN reality, maybe to understand, you should join them with nothing but fifty cents and a worn out blanket.

Try that for a few weeks and see how it goes for you when some asshole "socks you in the jaw and walks off" just for you having asked for his spare change.

I've been homeless before. I would not beg, and I would certainly not pursue someone if they had already said no.

just for you having asked for his spare change

That's not what I said. I said if I said no, and someone insisted on pursuing me, they might get socked in the jaw. Why do you fucking morons insist on taking little pieces of everything I say and crying about them? THATS NOT WHAT THE FUCK I SAID, ASSHAT. GODDAMN.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
I don't really give a shit to be honest. If i'm running short myself, and I don't give any, and some asshole keeps following me... I reserve the right to sock him in the jaw and walk off.

If I saw you do something like that to someone in need, you would be on the ground struggling for breath with a ruptured larynx with my first blow and if you persisted, you would have a need to eat your final meals through a straw or an IV.

I hate people who disparage the weak or the ones who have hit on hard times.

Bring it. I know you live nearby.  :eyelash:
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:50 PM »
Yeah people shouldn't pursue you

I've heard someone make comments when me and a couple mates walked past without giving him something once

We genuinely had no change tho. These days people often just use their cards and take some cash out maybe. Unless you've bought something already, I have no change on me

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
Yeah people shouldn't pursue you

I've heard someone make comments when me and a couple mates walked past without giving him something once

We genuinely had no change tho. These days people often just use their cards and take some cash out maybe. Unless you've bought something already, I have no change on me

Exactly. I mean if you don't have any change, you just DON'T. Ask me three more times, and falcon punch. I'm within my rights.
I will never stop...

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »
I have had aggressive panhandlers approach me, but the situation almost always deflates because they like to hang out in the crowded areas. And I've been solicited for more than just money, like cigerettes. and lighters

One thing I always know, as long as money is around people will beg. I cant bring myself to do it because I know how much I dislike people doing it to me
:skywarp:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »

Some panhandlers will attack others for not having spare change. There was a panhandler outside my school. He creeped the hell out of my friend. He said something to him. He was harrassing a bunch of disabled kids. Many are very naive and will give money or just be tricked into paying much more than something is worth.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »
Handles on pots, pans and cups are quite useful.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »
I don't really give a shit to be honest. If i'm running short myself, and I don't give any, and some asshole keeps following me... I reserve the right to sock him in the jaw and walk off.

If I saw you do something like that to someone in need, you would be on the ground struggling for breath with a ruptured larynx with my first blow and if you persisted, you would have a need to eat your final meals through a straw or an IV.

You are just talking big, and, while I applaud the effort to seem more important than your are, you are wrong. You may be a big strong army guy, but do not forget who I am, little fella. Do I take your threat seriously?   "No."

And I am now responding to your previous post, quoted to me.

I am NOT crying.

I am simply dissing you and all of your ilk for having no patience for the ones who have fallen on times so hard that they would ask you twice or three times for your spare change, which you will probably dump in a jar to sit forgotten for months at a time anyway.

Golden Rule, dude and Walk a mile in his shoes before you judge him, etc ...

Get a fucking grip on becoming a human being before you continue this conversation with me, please.

???
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »

You are just talking big, and, while I applaud the effort to seem more important than your are, you are wrong. You may be a big strong army guy, but do not forget who I am, little fella. Do I take your threat seriously?   "No."

I am NOT crying.

I am simply dissing you and all of your ilk for having no patience for the ones who have fallen on times so hard that they would ask you twice or three times for your spare change, which you will probably dump in a jar to sit forgotten for months at a time anyway.

Get a fucking grip on becoming a human being before you continue this conversation with me, please.

???

I agree bout the judging thing. At times I feel Ragey is too judgmental. I tell him that. It does go both ways, though. Not trying to start anything, but it seemed like you were reading into his post a bit. It doesn't help he has a rough way of talking. It puts people off. He isn't a smooth talker. And that is putting it mildly. I think it is just a misunderstanding with Rage. He offends me a lot too. He is highly allergic to tactfulness. :toporly:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »

I am NOT crying.

???

I agree bout the judging thing. At times I feel Ragey is too judgmental. I tell him that. It does go both ways, though. Not trying to start anything, but it seemed like you were reading into his post a bit. It doesn't help he has a rough way of talking. It puts people off. He isn't a smooth talker. And that is putting it mildly. I think it is just a misunderstanding with Rage. He offends me a lot too. He is highly allergic to tactfulness. :toporly:

I do not really think I know you, but I think your attempt at mediating between two testosterone poisoned souls is awesome and extremely cute.

I applaud your effort and I hope it comes to some positive outcome!

:plus:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 08:52:07 AM »
personally, I think rage doesn't know how to talk to people online. If he would just try to stop being so angry in his responces I'm sure he would have more of people's attention here
:skywarp: