Author Topic: would you give me your heart?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: would you give me your heart?
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »
I am not bothered what they do with me when I am dead.

I have never understood why people make such a hoo ha about it.   We live in a world where living, breathing human beings get tortured, abused or starved.  Worry about that before worrying about what happens to dead people.

Not 100% sure but I think even if you carry a donor card the wishes of your family come first.

Quote from: The Guardian
Proposals for NHS staff to prevent families overriding the wishes of people who have died while on the organ donor register are being considered by ministers amid moves to boost the number of organ transplants in the UK.

A strategy for bringing about a shift in people's behaviour "comparable to the changes achieved in preventing drink-driving or stopping smoking" is included in a draft document outlining ways of making big increases in organ donations and transplants. The NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) believes a more firm but polite stance with bereaved families would ensure donors' wishes were more often respected – at present they are overridden in 45% of cases.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/11/organ-donation-drive-prevent-overriding

It's kinda shocking. Technically, my mum's probably my next of kin, and to think that someone I dislike would have the ability to override my wishes seems sick.

Not that I think my mum would do that.

Yes I agree it is crazy.  A person could have a well thought out intention to donate and it then made not possible by a rash snap decision of their grieving family.

I guess the only way around it would be to appoint a solicitor to take charge.  It is only concrete though if they are informed of the death in time.

Would there be enough time for a lawyer to get involved?

Would it work in the opposite direction? Could a family donate a dead person's organs, even though the decedent wasn't on the list?

Yes I am sure it could work either way.  Basically what the family want is what usually happens.   You are probably right also in that a solicitor would not have the time to ensure the deceased persons wishes are carried out.

It might work in the case of no living relatives.

I can see how easy it would happen.  Hospital staff are unlikely to spend time talking round a family, which is what it would take.  They are too busy.

Funerals are also tinkered with.  Someone might think they have arranged everything but the reality is the responsibility lies with the next of kin who may quite easily rearrange things.

'Death' seems to be shrouded in shit (excuse the pun)  >:D
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:28 AM »
I hear about coma patients waking up after having had doctors declare them to be in a vegetative state.

I hear about

*Intense assburger* Don't you dare make any claims that can't be backed up with a library of information, my own grandmother standing there bearing witness with a signed notarized statement, and HAVING SEEIN IT WITH MY  OWN TWO EYES..... YOU TINFOIL HAT MAN, YOU *Intense assburger*

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 06:14:10 AM »
Sørry for derailing your perfectly okay thread a tadski, Bodie.

Lol,  I had a dream the other night and in this dream i used the term 'tadski' which I have never used before.  When I woke up I thought immediately 'Lutra'

So, I guess if you are going to grace my dreams you are very welcome to grace any of my threads on topic or not!  ;)

Dunno how to reply but 'here's' a kiss from me. Gracing your dreams, ey?

:-*
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
I hear about coma patients waking up after having had doctors declare them to be in a vegetative state.

I hear about

*Intense assburger* Don't you dare make any claims that can't be backed up with a library of information, my own grandmother standing there bearing witness with a signed notarized statement, and HAVING SEEIN IT WITH MY  OWN TWO EYES..... YOU TINFOIL HAT MAN, YOU *Intense assburger*

Nice peewee herman move there. That's basically what I just said to you.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
Don't act all butthurt if you don't like the inevitable comments. Easy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »

Someone trying to show you that you yourself are acting butthurt, is butthurt. That's sheer genius, Odeon. The perfect defense. :LOL: Well done.
I will never stop...

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 04:08:07 PM »

What's the pun?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

What's the pun?

I used 'shrouded' meaning 'covered'

A shroud is also a garment worn by dead people which was kind of in the topic.
blah blah blah

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
Thanks. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 02:36:24 AM »

Someone trying to show you that you yourself are acting butthurt, is butthurt. That's sheer genius, Odeon. The perfect defense. :LOL: Well done.

Don't like it? Stop acting butthurt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 09:02:40 AM »

HAH!  :laugh:

Nice try. Once can't stop doing something, if they weren't doing it in the first place. You can't push a guy like me and expect him to back down, dude. Like, ever. I'm sticking to my GUNS, as it were. And really seems like theres nothing anyone can do about it. I won't claim I couldn't be stopped, because I could be killed by one of the liberal sociopaths in my country that would mistake me for some conservative or something, OR someone with a brain and the ability to speak could convince me otherwise, if there were actually something there to prove, which I doubt. 

Yeah. Nice try. :LOL:
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

Nice try. Once can't stop doing something, if they weren't doing it in the first place. You can't push a guy like me and expect him to back down, dude. Like, ever. I'm sticking to my GUNS, as it were. And really seems like theres nothing anyone can do about it. I won't claim I couldn't be stopped, because I could be killed by one of the liberal sociopaths in my country that would mistake me for some conservative or something, OR someone with a brain and the ability to speak could convince me otherwise, if there were actually something there to prove, which I doubt. 

If you say so, Rage. I think you know you are stretching the truth a bit, but sure, whatever keeps your self-image intact.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »

If you say so, Rage. I think you know you are stretching the truth a bit, but sure, whatever keeps your self-image intact.

It should be obvious by now I don't give a fuck about my self-image, old pal. I'm not charming. Sometimes i'm not even nice. But I AM honest, and what I do give a fuck about is freedom. I do give a fuck about history repeating itself because of a mostly braindead global population who thinks things are somehow "different" now, and their "good ideas" are okay to try again.

Nope. I'm not stretching the truth. You just refuse to see I've got a point because you originally had a problem with it, and now your ego is in the way of admitting anything.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
If you don't give them your heart they will just have this guy take it :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
I have an organ donor card and I have let my family know about it too. My mum has bad kidneys, so should she need one, she can have one of mine if found suitable.

I used to donate blood (O+) but am not sure if I can now because of all the meds I take.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae