Educational

Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 168852 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #6510 on: December 08, 2011, 06:13:26 AM »

:kilt: BLAME SCOTLAND! :kilt:

And in related news, it's very windy here too!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6511 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:47 AM »
Still and 22.1°C at 9:08pm.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6512 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:37 AM »
:snowing:

21°F

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6513 on: December 08, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6514 on: December 08, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Gusts of 80mph in low-lying areas and gusts of 165mph in the mountains.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6515 on: December 08, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
Trampoline:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6518 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
Gusts of 80mph in low-lying areas and gusts of 165mph in the mountains.

Bonnie kilt wearrrrring weatherrrrrrr.   :eyebrows:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6519 on: December 08, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »
    “American hurricane namers are lazy. They pick easy ones like "George" and "Kate". Only in Scotland could they come up with #HurricaneBawbag” pazpaz

“If everyin in Scotland breathes in at the right time then aw the wind ul be gone- simple. #garysaysthehingsthatotherswinny” @GARYTANK

“Women in Burnside forced not to wear jammie troosers and Uggs to go to shops by #hurricanebawbag #scotstorm” thismortalcoyle

“BREAKING: #scotstorm is rated as "awfally blowie" on the Wee Wifie scale. The WW scale runs from "huffin" tae "haud oantae ma breeks" :-)” coilleduine

“Good news, #hurricanebawbag has been downgraded to Scrotum Storm.” Martinbigpigmor

“Panic buying caused by #hurricanebawbag has resulted in shelves being stripped bare of Irn Bru, Pot Noodles and Green Rizzlas” Pols80

“would love to hear an American weather reporter with a southern drawl reporting on Scotland's very own #Hurricanebawbag.” SeanBellphoto

“The wind's not that bad, it's just the noise of it going through the trees that makes it sound worse. Chop down the trees, problem solved.” DaftLimmy

“Just passed a guy wrestling with a golf umbrella. Clearly with all the transport disruption he's planning on air travel #hurricanebawbag” Pols80

“The only way tae deal wi' #hurricanebawbag Standin in ma shorts and t-shirt, arms oot wide, shoutin "COME AHEAD YA DOBBER!!" S*** itself!!” nitejohnboy

“#ItMakesMeHappyWhen the Scots get worldwide recognition for something other than bagpipes and haggis. Let's hear it for #HurricaneBawbag” pazpaz

“We can't stop giggling at the fact that #hurricanebawbag is trending worldwide *so proud*” Taste of Glasgow

“Would LOVE to see @SeanBattySTV refer to the winds as #hurricanebawbag when he does the weather later!” thomasmckellar

". . . Dear Embra, Here huv aw oor discarded crisp pokes. Yours as ayeways, Glasgow. . . . #HurricaneBawbag" ScotsRon

"My only concern is that Fox and CNN will think it's actually called #HurricaneBawbag and report it directly as such. Och, maybe they should." ChristopherHarv

"You can't beat Aldi pot-noodle-alike Snack Pots for snowed-in survival food. I laugh at #hurricanebawbag" jearle

Update - 2pm (various mispellings found such as #hurricanbawbag or #hurricainbawbag - meaning that the word 'hurricane' is causing problems but not 'bawbag'. These are glorious times to be a Scot)

"It cannae be that bad. There's still wee men in bunnets sparkin up outside pubs the length o Leith Walk. #hurricanebawbag" MediaCom_Murray
    "Only Scottish people would get #hurricanebawbag trending. You may take our garden furniture, but you'll never take our patter!" MairiMcKay
    "Just saw a guy in Tesco wearing bermuda shorts. #hurricanebawbag" NickMitchell
    "The Wicked Witch of the Clyde was just crushed by a flying council house and Dorothy-Marie Gale pinched her Reeboks." LiamDrydenEtc
    "BREAKING: Slight smell of dust burning across Scotland as third bars on electric fires are sparked up. #hurricanebawbag" charleslavery
    "Slightly worried my Nissan Figaro is going to take off like Budgie the Helicopter in this weather" STVLaura
    "Hurricane Bawbag Update: A plant pot has fallen over in Airdrie. An eye witness retold the horror "it pure went sideways"" TracerTong
    "You know its windy when the water in the toilet is jigglin' aboot" Filmoar
    "I've had to switch the lights on! In the daytime! The humanity! #hurricanebawbag" lesmondine
    "the news of #hurricanebawbag is making me miss Edinburgh. Only Scotland could make me miss a place most when being hit by a hurricane." otherjamesgray

Update - 5pm (now #bawbag is trending in UK rather than #hurricanebawbag, dipensing with formalities and getting straight to the nitty gritty. Hurricane Bawbag also now has its own Twitter and Facebook pages)

"Flight just landed at Glasgow. Amazing. It only took off from New York six minutes ago. #hurricanebawbag" greghemphill69

"My neighbour Donald's trousers blew away. I didn't know what to say to him. #hurricanebawbag" robertflorence

"Normally hurricanes have drag queen names like Berniece or Velma but oh no not the scottish one #hurricainebawbag" AlanCarr

"It would appear #hurricanebawbag has its own FB page...with 11,000 likes. We are through the looking glass, people on.fb.me/uLZTQu" iainpope73

"Hurricane names must alternate between male and female so I recommend calling the next one Hurricane Fannybaws #HurricaneBawbag" greghemphill69

"#hurricanebawbag closes major businesses in Glasgow. Workers' celebratory cigarettes on the walk home remain unaffected". michaelmphysics

"I've heard that this isn't actually #hurricanebawbag, it's Fergie still giving the players the hairdryer treatment #united #MUFC" tonicswatcher

"We eat severe weather like wasabi peanuts. Glasgow, nothing will stop us from bringing you the joyous noise this evening." Gingernyc (aka the hardy Ginger Wildheart)

"There are many reasons I am proud to be Scottish. #hurricanebawbag - our country's way of saying 'GET IT UP YE' to Mother Nature. Brilliant." KirstyGibbins85

"The sad moment when you watch your shed leave you for another garden. #hurricanebawbag" HurricaneBawbag

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6520 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
Bit of rain at the moment, wind is a bit calmed down.

Code yellow, to be prepared for gushes of wind of 100km/h.

't is warm, 10ºC
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6521 on: December 09, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
24.3°C at 4pm. It has cleared up, there was dense cloud earlier. And Peter, that weather there is pretty freaky. Bawbag? :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #6522 on: December 11, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
Grey but no rain though. Max T about 6*C this afternoon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6523 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
Ah, yes, that's what we are supposed to get on Friday. Thanks for that, Scotland. :P

What would you do without us to weaken storms with our mountains and wind farms before they reach you?  I had a nice, relaxing morning of trying to shore up various structures in my garden so that they won't get destroyed by the wind.

Couldn't you just send them to someone else?  :tard:

Friday's storm was among the worse we've had. Another is expected for Tuesday. Yay.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6524 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Bawbag

As the article says, quite a few roads were flooded or submerged. A 51-yo driver missed the roadblocks and almost drowned in her car. :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein