Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 168734 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »
8F with some light snow on the ground.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
We finally had some snow. And more rain.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2007, 05:19:54 AM »
The temperature for January so far is 4.4C above average.

Every 30 minutes Metcheck monitors the temperature, windspeed and pressure at stations in the Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Bristol areas to bring us an average figure of the month to date.

Using this page you can see how the month is progressing and how it deviates from the normal values.

1st: Monthly average for Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, London and Bristol.
2nd: Temperature for past 24 hours in Glasgow

[attachment deleted by admin]
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2007, 05:26:21 AM »
The snow is gone again, but its' actually sunny. 6C/43(?)F.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2007, 06:10:55 AM »
It is 0 degrees Fahrenheit here, with snow.  I am glad that it warmed up enough last Wednesday to get the ice off our sidewalk before it snowed again and got so cold.  I hate using salt.

Litigious

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2007, 06:17:21 AM »
It is 0 degrees Fahrenheit here, with snow.  I am glad that it warmed up enough last Wednesday to get the ice off our sidewalk before it snowed again and got so cold.  I hate using salt.

0 Fahrenheit, that's cold. It's -18 on the Celsius scale. We haven't had that here since January 2002. It looks like spring outside right now...

duncvis

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
6c/43f, windy, drizzle. when's winter coming? it seems to have been autumn for ages.  :-\

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
no weather, but cold as hell.  likely 40f.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2007, 08:12:37 AM »
Windy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2007, 08:42:51 AM »
Looks sunny, blue sky with a little cloud cover, might be cold, not sure yet as haven't been outside and cannot be assed to go looking on weather sites. Shame I wasn't up earlier...could have done some photography.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2007, 11:52:45 PM »
In the low forties, Farenheit, with rain.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Teejay

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2007, 03:27:51 AM »
Currently in Bendigo it is 33.4C at 8PM, predicted to be 38C tomorrow.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2007, 07:34:16 AM »
Yay, winter is (possibly) on it's way!  About bloody time too.

A Wintry Change
Added : Mon 15 January : 12:04GMT

Just when you thought we may get through the majority of winter without even a frost let alone snow, a change is on the horizon and an important change it is!.

We recently discussed the reasons why winter so far has been dominated by mild, wet and windy conditions. For those who missed the discussion it is directly related to the jet stream and how it's location has been generally running from West to East across the North Atlantic allowing low pressure after low pressure to cross the North Atlantic and bring the UK the mild, wet and windy conditions...this pattern is about to change...

The rest of the coming week will remain unsettled, very unsettled at times with a further mix of wind, rain, sleet and even snow, especially around the middle of the week. It is towards the coming weekend and beyond that is of great interest.

The primary change will be across the North Atlantic. The orientation of the jet stream is going to change in a big way. Instead of running directly across the Atlantic in a West to East direction a substantial and large ridge in the jet stream is expected to develop. What this signals at the surface is a large rise in pressure across the North Atlantic and up into Greenland. This ridge then cuts off any low pressure's coming from the West and Northerly winds ensue over the UK and that is what is expected this coming weekend and beyond.

There remains great uncertainty over the detail but increasingly cold conditions are currently expected to spread down from the North over the coming weekend and into the beginning of next week.

If you have forgot where you put those winter woolies and de-icer we recommend you spend the rest of the week finding them, because winter is far from over!...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:26 AM »
it is such a huge news story here that the weather is actually freezing temperatures; 32 degrees.

for the past three nights now.  it is setting all sorts of records, or something.
Misunderstood.