Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 156412 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #12870 on: Yesterday at 08:11:57 PM »
For the Non-Yankees who don't understand my lingo.... DQ is short for Drama Queen

To me DQ is Dairy Queen.

:LOL:

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12871 on: Today at 04:29:24 PM »

I stopped by a multi unit garage sale. Treasure house!

I came away with a 4" Wilton vise, splitting maul, several reloading accessories, some shotgun (turkey) ammo and a handful of tools, including a horse hair bench brush.

Dropped $35, but I think the vise alone was worth that.
It is one of the OLD 4" Wiltons where the anvil actually meant you could pound on it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12872 on: Today at 04:39:55 PM »
I've been working for two days to lessen/shorten/corral the overgrown burning bush plants in front of my garage windows.
Filled our trash bin to full, beat it down over and over and still filled it up.

Nothing against burning bushes, but ours have overgrown their space. Five all told and two more out back I plan to chainsaw, drill big holes and dab with Tordon, tape the holes over and let them die.

An overgrown shrub is nothing more than a burglar hidey place and as much as I would set them aright if I had too, I would rather not have to.
This is just home maintenance and I've put it off for too long.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:41:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.