Educational

Author Topic: If plastic surgery was free would you have it, and what would you have done?  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
I haven't asked. I couldn't afford it anyway.

But my vision is pretty much fucked in that eye. I can read from perhaps a foot away, at most, with really large print.

Oh..yeah and I remember..a powder burn too. That was NOT fucking fun. Ended up having my eye washed out with saline for about 6 hours in casualty. Can't remember how I explained that one to the medics:P

Its not an age problem, I just turned 27. More a case of accident after accident during miss-spent youth mounting up on each other. Arc-eye, gunpowder burns, chemical mishaps...murphys/sods law in action basically.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I would have liked a face with a smile

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
I have already had cosmetic surgery of a sort. Had my bottom jaw broken and moved forward so that my top and bottom teeth aligned.

What I really would like is a breast reduction from a size DD to a size B. Because I am small I just look out of proportion. Plus my back and shoulders ache sometimes because of it. And it is hard to find bras my size without going into one of those expensive specialty bra shops.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Maybe get some things tucked/tightened, maybe get lipo on my stomach. 

Probably nothing, though.

I'm pretty thin already (realistically, I know I am- my own "omg I want to lose weight" because I'm generally 5-10lbs over my current "magic number" aside) and the idea of surgery skeeves me out.  Where would I recover, and who would take care of me post-surgery?  How much time would I miss from work?  What kind of example would it set for my female clients for me to potentially have visibly changed from cosmetic surgery when I'm only 27 and look basically fine just as I am?  And, frankly, what would surgery fix, anyway? I'd still be me, with the same old issues.  I'd just be slightly more capable of attracting the kind of shallow, skeezy guys that I generally actively avoid even interacting with in the first place.

What I really ought/need to do is get a good night's sleep more often.  I think if I did that, I'd be just about set.  Possibly also diagnose and address whatever other medical issues I have, if I have them (curren theories are vitamin deficiencies or an *additional* autoimmune disorder- hooray!), but I'll actually be doing that next month, which isn't so far away.

Wouldn't mind a professional teeth bleaching; probably could use one. Have only ever used over the counter stuff.
crest whitestrips have always worked for me.  I love those things.

As for my boobs, I assure all of you that I never flash them in the sanctuary of Mass!   :pope:

Massachusetts has a sanctuary?
Depending what you need sanctuary from, yes, probably more than one.  If you're Snowden, you're SOL, of course.  :P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:39:20 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Yes. They've improved a lot over the years. Sometime during early twenties, bought my first ever over the counter teeth whitening product. Not sure what was in it, but the instructions and warnings made me decide not to use it because the directions basically said not to get any in my mouth. :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.

I'll help you!  Just practice doing what I'm doing!   :snowman:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

whats that?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.

Yes. They've improved a lot over the years. Sometime during early twenties, bought my first ever over the counter teeth whitening product. Not sure what was in it, but  the instructions and warnings made me decide not to use it because the directions basically said not to get any in my mouth. :laugh:

:lol1:    I looked into getting that laser-powered bleaching at the dentist's office, but I read some warnings,
  including one woman's claim that it made her teeth more porous and accelerated decay, and given my history of brittle teeth,
  and the grinding I still do, the last thing I need is to weaken my enamel any further.  I'll just keep on looking British.  :zoinks:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.

whats that?

Smiling!  Just keep turning up the corners of your mouth as I am doing!   :snowman:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

:lol1:    I looked into getting that laser-powered bleaching at the dentist's office, but I read some warnings,
  including one woman's claim that it made her teeth more porous and accelerated decay, and given my history of brittle teeth,
  and the grinding I still do, the last thing I need is to weaken my enamel any further.  I'll just keep on looking British.  :zoinks:

That's really a good point. Have also heard that, but about people who do it too often. Once heard a dentist say they've seen people who've over bleached their teeth to the point where they were becoming translucent.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

Yes. They've improved a lot over the years. Sometime during early twenties, bought my first ever over the counter teeth whitening product. Not sure what was in it, but  the instructions and warnings made me decide not to use it because the directions basically said not to get any in my mouth. :laugh:

:laugh: :plus:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
 :thumbdn: to you both :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.

Americans are nothing more than a colourless version of the Brits?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.

Americans are supposed to have glamorous Hollywood teeth.  :tard:

People forget.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

Americans are supposed to have glamorous Hollywood teeth.  :tard:

We also use "u" less in spelling. That's important, too. :D

CBC is glamorous in her own way. :cbc:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.