Educational

Author Topic: What do you smell right now?  (Read 508 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
What do you smell right now?
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »
I smell exhaust. It is horrible and NO ONE else is able to smell it. Only in one room, only during the summertime. Exhaust.

I can't believe no one else can smell it.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What do you smell right now?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
I smell exhaust. It is horrible and NO ONE else is able to smell it. Only in one room, only during the summertime. Exhaust.

I know carbon monoxide is odorless, but I worry that some might be in the exhaust.  Are you breathing this stuff?  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
  I smell fish, which worried me, because I'm not the best housekeeper but I know I don't have rotting fish
  anywhere in the apartment!  :P  Then I realized it's the neighbors, cooking some sort of seafood dish like they do.
  At the end of the day, they'll probably have their giant pot soaking in the laundry room sink.

People forget.

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
Schampoo, Fanta, popcorns with butter  8)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »

I know carbon monoxide is odorless, but I worry that some might be in the exhaust.  Are you breathing this stuff?  :-\

I do breathe it, and I worry the same thing...it freaks me out...but no one else can smell it so I don't know what to think. its only in one room, only sometimes, usually in the afternoon in the summer.  :dunno:

I have to move rooms to get relief. Maybe there is a ghost in that room...maybe some lost soul who killed themselves with exhaust fumes  :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »

I do breathe it, and I worry the same thing...it freaks me out...but no one else can smell it so I don't know what to think. its only in one room, only sometimes, usually in the afternoon in the summer.  :dunno:

I have to move rooms to get relief. Maybe there is a ghost in that room...maybe some lost soul who killed themselves with exhaust fumes  :zombiefuck:

Is there a carbon monoxide detector in your house?  If not, you should get one ASAP.  :-\

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »

Is there a carbon monoxide detector in your house?  If not, you should get one ASAP.  :-\

There is not even a smoke detector in the house, and I know this because I have almost burned the house down on multiple occasions (forgetting about the stove). The house filled up with smoke.

Apparently that is the job of the landlord. I have notified both my parents...I suppose I will go out and buy one myself.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
  I would notify the landlord as well, and get that CO detector.  Meanwhile, please keep windows open.  :-\

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
The worst that could happen is I could die in my sleep..which actually would not be all that horrible :P

Nah, I will remind my mom again. If she doesn't do it soon I'm buying them myself. Meanwhile, we do keep windows open and air circulating.

My mom doesn't believe I can smell exhaust. She yells at me when she finds me covering my nose, and says I am making it up.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »
The worst that could happen is I could die in my sleep..which actually would not be all that horrible :P

Nah, I will remind my mom again. If she doesn't do it soon I'm buying them myself. Meanwhile, we do keep windows open and air circulating.

My mom doesn't believe I can smell exhaust. She yells at me when she finds me covering my nose, and says I am making it up.

Dying in your sleep would be a terrible waste of life.  :(   Please stay on this till it is settled.

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »

Dying in your sleep would be a terrible waste of life.  :(   Please stay on this till it is settled.

I will. Please do not worry. We will not die in our sleep anytime soon.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »

I will look forward to seeing you here again tomorrow, healthy and postwhoring!   :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

I will look forward to seeing you here again tomorrow, healthy and postwhoring!   :2thumbsup:

On my breaks only!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
Tobacco smoke (first hand. For some reason, even to a smoker like myself, anyone else's secondhand smoke makes my stomach want to reach out and throttle the guilty polluter and/or pollutrix. (yes thats a word, at least it is as of this post so :P. Pollutrix=female polluter)

And whilst not TECHNICALLY a smell, as such, not directly. But I smell the taste of oxycodone HCl, if that makes sense. As soon as it travels from injection site to the bloodflow round the tongue and nose then I can taste it and smell it, just as I'd be able to if I were to chew up and swallow, nthe only alteration is as said, very little bitterness via the IV route. I guess the bitter selective taste receptors must be extracellular
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »
Tobacco smoke (first hand. For some reason, even to a smoker like myself, anyone else's secondhand smoke makes my stomach want to reach out and throttle the guilty polluter and/or pollutrix. (yes thats a word, at least it is as of this post so :P. Pollutrix=female polluter)

And whilst not TECHNICALLY a smell, as such, not directly. But I smell the taste of oxycodone HCl, if that makes sense. As soon as it travels from injection site to the bloodflow round the tongue and nose then I can taste it and smell it, just as I'd be able to if I were to chew up and swallow, nthe only alteration is as said, very little bitterness via the IV route. I guess the bitter selective taste receptors must be extracellular

When I had a pic line going into my heart I could smell/taste the saline flushes.