Author Topic: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
I am also a father, a liberal, a tax payer, a dodger fan, etc, etc, etc.

The big picture is why judge someone because part of who the are?
Sorry, you just totally blew it with me, Dodger fan.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

:indeed:

Dodgers, phooey

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Better a Dodger fan than the Cub fan.
Misunderstood.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »
Better a Dodger fan than the Cub fan.
Braves fan here

Genesis is the Cubbie fan

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
Braves! At least, have given their fans something to cheer for in the last two decades.
Doing well now.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

beat me to it  :laugh:

Though my criticism is "You follow SPORTS???"
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »
Totally. Sports are gay. I mean I watch the superbowl for the commercials and that's it. I actually discussed this with my English teacher last semester. Guy was real into sports, and liked debate. So I brought it up. I asked him why it was necessary for dudes at sports bars to actually stand up and scream, and pump their fists as if they were the ones who's accomplished the feat of strength and skill they'd just witnessed.

I then stated that the only way i'd care about a sport, is if I was playing in it myself, because then it would be fun. Otherwise, whats there to be interested in?

He couldn't come up with anything. He tried to say that perhaps it was a carry over from the tribal nature of humans, but I shot that down as conjecture.

TL;DR, this is just bullshit. :2thumbsup:

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:26 AM »
But your not seeing the big picture. :squiddy:

OK, and how do you see the big picture?

Must distance one's self from it.

Not to in any way contribute to the current discussion. It was a question screaming for an answer.
i am a feminist (among other things) by virtue of this fact, Al doesn't trust any opinion I have on subjects different from feminism.

Actually I do not think you are a Feminist. Not in the real sense. I think you are an idealist. I think you look at the world not from  Feminist filter but rather an idealists filter. I think you believe in the good associations you believe Feminism has or has provided. I think your idealist does at best makes you very resistant to seeing the bad in Feminism and at worst blinds you entirely.

Do I trust you on subjects unrelated to Feminism because you are a Feminist? No.

I distrust your opinion because of your idealist filter.....but I do entertain them anyhow. I think that there is like with most of the posters, at the very least hidden gems even with people that i actively disagree with on pretty much everything.

I am wary. I am aware you are an idealist and so whatever you say, I check against the fact that you are prone to idealism to varying degrees. On this basis I look at your arguments for things like Feminism and keep your idealism firmly in the forefront of my mind and weigh it against your every syllable.

Hey at the same time someone could make the argument that I am arrogant and opinionated and that my ramblings must be weighed against this filter and really I would have no case to answer.

When you make claims about what I think of you or about you, probably better to ask. I am not shy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »
I am a giver. 
The only reason I am debating whether or not you are having a dig at feminism (because its meaningless) is to give you something to do.
I am ADD. Now I am bored.

I am a realistic ideologue.  I understand how things work.  I disagree with most of it.  I also understand how things should work.  I understand that most people are too comfortable to change anything.
I understand that I am getting older and more comfortable.  The fight is best left to he youth.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »
I am a giver. 
The only reason I am debating whether or not you are having a dig at feminism (because its meaningless) is to give you something to do.

I am a realistic ideologue.  I understand how things work.  I disagree with most of it.  I also understand how things should work.  I understand that most people are too comfortable to change anything.
I understand that I am getting older and more comfortable.  The fight is best left to he youth.

I know. I knew that from the outset and i did enjoy it. You did well and I appreciate it.
I am at least half serious with your idealism but not entirely serious.
I am a cynic. I do not have much time for causes that don't personally affect me. I tend to keep people at an arm's length and as much because of distrust of my summation of them. I like information and learning. I do not understand people in the slightest but love to learn about them. I love sharing ideas.
I stopped getting into fist fights at 34. I realised fighting such fights is a game for younger men.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »
And I enjoy a counter-personality.

I do wonder if I've got it right.  I try not to dwell on faults and see problems as something to solve.  I wonder if my mindset would be better labeled as delusional. 
If ignorance truly is bliss.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »
And I enjoy a counter-personality.

I do wonder if I've got it right.  I try not to dwell on faults and see problems as something to solve.  I wonder if my mindset would be better labeled as delusional. 
If ignorance truly is bliss.

You are right. Whilst you would see promise in a faulty person or ideology, and that is your weakness. I would question a dismiss potential based on prior history which is not promising, and that is mine.
The political revolutionaries, activists, technology front-runners, and the like are generally idealists. The world needs people like that.
It is a mindset fraught with peril, but the payday is there too.
For you, you would say give me reason to believe in something else whilst i would say give me good reason not to believe what i believe. The difference is subtle.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
I am a giver. 

The youth, those with little or nothing to lose, or those impulsive, stupid or idealistic enough to risk what they have.

I'm not too comfortable to change anything, but I do fear losing what I have, and I damn well know it can all-too-easily happen.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2013, 06:01:59 AM »
Imagine shooting all cops and hanging all politicians and journalists!  :viking:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »
Totally. Sports are gay. I mean I watch the superbowl for the commercials and that's it. I actually discussed this with my English teacher last semester. Guy was real into sports, and liked debate. So I brought it up. I asked him why it was necessary for dudes at sports bars to actually stand up and scream, and pump their fists as if they were the ones who's accomplished the feat of strength and skill they'd just witnessed.

I then stated that the only way i'd care about a sport, is if I was playing in it myself, because then it would be fun. Otherwise, whats there to be interested in?

He couldn't come up with anything. He tried to say that perhaps it was a carry over from the tribal nature of humans, but I shot that down as conjecture.

TL;DR, this is just bullshit. :2thumbsup:

Boooooo Rage :thumbdn: Sports are awesome :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:
Im watching Wimbledon at the moment. Go on Andy Murray and Sabine Lisicki :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

And playing sports is great fun. I'm the goalie in a 5-a-side team, and we usually play twice a week. It is probably the most fun thing that I do :laugh: