Educational

Author Topic: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf  (Read 2953 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »

Sure. YOu could pretend to be David McKoresh. You could pretend my point is invalid.

Playing games can be fun.

If you tire of playing, perhaps you could point out what you find difficulties in ascribing to the big picture.
My bad.  I didn't know, reverend al, that hypotheticals are, in fact, reality. :green:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:30:38 AM by McWorker »
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 07:37:45 AM »

Sure. YOu could pretend to be David McKoresh. You could pretend my point is invalid.

Playing games can be fun.

If you tire of playing, perhaps you could point out what you find difficulties in ascribing to the big picture.
My bad.  I didn't know, reverend al, that hypotheticals are, in fact, reality. :green:

Analogies by their very nature and by definition underpin an idea. An idea that you have said is oppose to the big picture. I have also showed as to how this directly correlates with what point I was arguing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
I didn't dispute your point.
I stated two things.
1. You don't trust anybody-you state that you do, therefor I must take you at your word.
2. Your hole point was a simple dig at feminism.

Which doesn't make sense.  The article was completely unrelated to feminism. 
I'm wondering if I should've, instead, accused you of being closed minded against feminism, whether or not feminism is the subject matter.  :CanofWorms:
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 08:25:05 AM »
I didn't dispute your point.
I stated two things.
1. You don't trust anybody-you state that you do, therefor I must take you at your word.
2. Your hole point was a simple dig at feminism.

Which doesn't make sense.  The article was completely unrelated to feminism. 
I'm wondering if I should've, instead, accused you of being closed minded against feminism, whether or not feminism is the subject matter.  :CanofWorms:

Being that the point i was arguing is that i was not having a dig at Feminism but merely explaining that I did not trust Naomi Wolf nor the man she told us not to trust and then explained the reasons why, I say you absolutely did dispute it.

If you had of gone this route of my being close minded, I would possibly have said something like "That if by saying Feminism you are talking about the gender equality or humanism, or respecting people and their rights or any of the other things that people often claiming to be feminists or supportive of feminists, then THAT is NOT feminism. If you are asking whether I am close-minded in respect to promoting women as equals in rights, and intellect and respect and having follow on benefits befitting such a station....then you would be wrong.
But IF you are talking about FEMINISM not this watered down misleading notion of humanism and gender equality people wrongly associate....then YES I am close minded. Close minded as I am with Sexism, Racism, and a whole lot of irredeemable nasty worldviews."

But try it if you like. Be kind of redundant now maybe.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
Having a dig at feminism, al?

Can you tell me what he feminism argument is in the article by Naomi wolf?
If there is no feminism agenda, then you were having a dig at feminism.  If it wasn't a dig at feminism then you dont trust anybody. :autism:
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

If there is no feminism agenda, then you were having a dig at feminism.  If it wasn't a dig at feminism then you dont trust anybody. :autism:

No not at all.

No I do not have to see a feminist argument, nor does one need to exist. I do not think that a Feminist agenda (can we say viewpoint or framing, or you are necessarily wanting the more stronger terms to try to force an extremist angle), gets turned off when not talking on specifically Feminist topics. It is a filter to which colours your world view specifically and generally.
But these things are not alone. Bigotry and stupidity and political and religious viewpoints all manner of things will colour your worldview and not leave your filter when examining things unconnected to that ideology.
But in that too is whether or not a person can be judged on what they have written before and whether what they have written is able to be judged against what they have written, said or inferred before.
I do not trust known liars. If someone is caught out lying and they write something innocuous, I think it is wise not to trust what they wrote EVEN IF it has nothing to with what they lied about.
I think it is smart.
I think the same for people with wacky ideas, dumb ideas, and so forth.
She is someone I have good reason not to trust. It matters not a damn if what she says is Feminist at all or not. The fact that she has shown through her writings to be someone I distrust on that basis and I have no good reason to count on her judgment to be anything but impaired and her values likewise....I think it is natural for me to distrust her.
Nothing crazy or out there about that.
Because I do not trust her, it far from means i don't trust anyone.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »
But your not seeing the big picture. :squiddy:
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »

OK, and how do you see the big picture?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »

the big picture.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »

the big picture.

...and yet this has been comprehensively and critically answer. So unless you are more specific, I must get the big picture.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »
I have a dig at feminism every chance I get. Those people are not trustworthy at all.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »

Must distance one's self from it.

Not to in any way contribute to the current discussion. It was a question screaming for an answer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:09:06 PM by Jack »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:19 PM »

Must distance one's self from it.

Not to in any way contribute to the current discussion. It was a question screaming for an answer.
i am a feminist (among other things) by virtue of this fact, Al doesn't trust any opinion I have on subjects different from feminism.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »
Haven't really been following the discussion.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
I am also a father, a liberal, a tax payer, a dodger fan, etc, etc, etc.

The big picture is why judge someone because part of who the are?
Misunderstood.