Educational

Author Topic: I'm looking for love  (Read 6082 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: I'm looking for love
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
What about last night when we played pigs in a blanket genesis?

Shot down!

:hahaha:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »
Two is enough, three is a crowd. but keep talking to yourself, you delusional windbag.  :zoinks:
:skywarp:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20:53 PM »
Two is enough, three is a crowd. but keep talking to yourself, you delusional windbag.  :zoinks:

:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
/shrugs

Never mind, then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
Shrugs. they should be free,  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
I don't even know you in real life Niles... Please stop

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
It doesn't matter what Richard says, there are some people who won't give him a chance.
There us someone else who is just nasty and looks for any opening to attack other males.

Sticky Ricky has done and been the same for a long time. Actually to be completely honest, when he stopped drinking and changed his name to Nile, I was amazed that his quality of writing had improved so much. There was simply nothing to pull him up on. I think I even plussed him a few times. Now he is back to being.....him.

He's been *him* all the time, mate. Can't be anyone else, just like you and me.

McJ is right, though. He's taken quite a beating the last few days. I wonder why, because he isn't any worse than most others here. He's got his flaws, sure, but he hasn't actually changed and acquired new ones. Quite the contrary, I would say, since he has stopped drinking.

I wonder what it is that makes people choose a target like that.

Its a fair question.

I can say for me, it was a combination of a few different things. First it was eris leaving and a bit of a void in a chew toy. Ricky was posting ok I thought. It seemed to gel with his whole stop drinking thing. Then he started having a go at DFG and the silly shit returned. Slim pickings went to easy pickings.
Had he not have had a go at her? I dunno, probably would have just kept insults to the insult thread?
As to anyone else? I dunno?

DFG had a go at him as well. Don't know who started it.

Thing is, it is my impression that Richard is more of a target than others here, and I don't see why that is. He isn't any less coherent than others, he isn't more spazzy, and his replies make a hell of a lot more sense than some people's.

For better or worse, he is consistent.

I am consistent too. When I see him saying silly shit i have a poke at him. I will probably always do that to some extent.
Now you may say, "Well, in fairness, do you do this to others for being dropkicks?" Yes.

I will rattle off a few names

Butterflies
Bint
Squiddy
Ziyaret/Anton
Buttcoffee
Eris
Sol
General Razorbeard
Scrapheap

I can not convince me that the attention I give Richard is at the level that i give the above list.

There are others of course that I have had a run in or two with. It normally is because at the time I have found that what they have said is silly shit.

You can say that the members on my list, are not on the board. I would agree. Were they here I am sure Ricky would not get as much attention because his silly shit would measure as such better quality against the above and i would be having too much time to read his posts most likely.

You may also say i "favour some members" above Ricky. Most members here I get along with because I do not think they say silly shit. I agree with a lot of it or am completely indifferent to the rest. That is not Ricky's fault of course, but neither mine.

You have seen that since I have been here, I am not shy to pull up someone or defend against a position even if unpopular. If your premise is that I treat Richard unfavourably or unfairly or inconsistently...gonna have to disagree

Inconsistently, no. And yes, the others on your list aren't here. My guess is that you gave them about the same amount of TLC as you give to Richard now.

But this wasn't about someone's inconsistency. I simply wondered why Richard is more of a target than others, and McJ noted that same thing. And no, answering "well, the others aren't here" may be true but c'mon, shouldn't we be above that sort of thing by now?

Must there always be a target around?

Must there? I dunno mate? Is that asking "Will Ricky always say silly shit that begs a ribbing or insult?" If that is what you are asking then, probably yes. I do not respond to everything he says. In fact I have been known to agree or plus him on occasion. Can't ask for fairer than that. I do think I have been a lot more severe on others in the past.

As for being above that sort of thing, I judge each thread and each post in a thread by its own. some I will respond to and some not. Some to agree and some to condemn. Some to expand on or do a silly rejoinder to. At the end of it all I honestly do not know how others post on here? What interests them in a thread or a post? What drive them to respond and in what way? I am likely to see the same sort of value in posts as I always have and respond as I always have for the same reasons. If something makes no sense i will generally say it doesn't and why. If something is shitty I will call it. If something is representing a value system completely misaligned to mine, I will call it. If something is funny I will laugh at or with it.

In all of this, you would probably not see anything wrong with in general terms (people reacting naturally and honestly on posts is all good) and that it is logical and rational to do so. But in this instance and with Ricky, you find a problem. You see it as a problem that I ought to rise above.

I think we need to define the problem and why in fact it is  problem in the first place.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »
It getting harder and harder to defend him.
I'm wondering if its because he has gone back to a place he feels safe because of all the poking.
...tell a kid enough times that they are bad or stupid and they will start acting accordingly.

I thought Richard was acting better (from what I remember), now he is reverting back.

And al, it is not a problem.  If Richard doesn't like it he is free to leave.  We are just wondering  why he has become the resident soazztard.
Misunderstood.

P7PSP

« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2013, 06:29:57 AM »
This thread has been interesting to catch up on in one read. Richard if you are serious take some of the helpful advice that has been offered here. The community college and common interests suggestions are good ones. Also stay off the booze. 9 months, 1 year and 2 years can be trigger times for addicts to reward themselves.

Genesis this ^^^ is exactly the kind of response that can put a target on your back. I doubt that anyone posting in this thread is going to target you but that response can cause you to be perceived as a soft target. When an attempt is made to nail you laugh it off or grab a bigger rock to hit the other guy with. In this case letting it roll off your back would have been a good response. I doubt that anyone here actually thinks you are gay. Remember, laugh at your opponent, ignore your opponent or punch your opponent in the face. Do not plead. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »
This thread has been interesting to catch up on in one read. Richard if you are serious take some of the helpful advice that has been offered here. The community college and common interests suggestions are good ones. Also stay off the booze. 9 months, 1 year and 2 years can be trigger times for addicts to reward themselves.

Genesis this ^^^ is exactly the kind of response that can put a target on your back. I doubt that anyone posting in this thread is going to target you but that response can cause you to be perceived as a soft target. When an attempt is made to nail you laugh it off or grab a bigger rock to hit the other guy with. In this case letting it roll off your back would have been a good response. I doubt that anyone here actually thinks you are gay. Remember, laugh at your opponent, ignore your opponent or punch your opponent in the face. Do not plead.

Great advice!  :thumbup:

Actually you could even laugh it off whilst you are punching your opponent in the face. I like that
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

P7PSP

« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:09 AM »
 :lol1: Yes the multi pronged response might really fuck them up.  :2thumbsup:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
I'm wondering if its because he has gone back to a place he feels safe because of all the poking.
...tell a kid enough times that they are bad or stupid and they will start acting accordingly.

I thought Richard was acting better (from what I remember), now he is reverting back.

And al, it is not a problem.  If Richard doesn't like it he is free to leave.  We are just wondering  why he has become the resident soazztard.

To be honest, I was kind of hoping Butterflies or Buttcoffee would show up and they would take the title.

You are right, he was (around time that he first changed his username to Niles) posting very well. Now not so much. He is not a kid though. He is only 10 years younger than us.

I do not even want him to leave. I am not angry or upset by him. I do not think he has done anything lately that would make the place better with his absence.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2013, 06:51:53 AM »

Wondering if this is also a cyclic thing within Richard. Seems a pattern. Bit slowed down and diffused because of a much clearer start, without the alcohol. Could be both, the safety zone, and a cyclic pattern.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »

Wondering if this is also a cyclic thing within Richard. Seems a pattern. Bit slowed down and diffused because of a much clearer start, without the alcohol. Could be both, the safety zone, and a cyclic pattern.
interesting.
Suggesting this is who he is and the good and bad are cyclical.
Maybe he has been screaming that DFG is BPD, is projecting on his part.

Richard, I'm not piling on.  Just wondering out loud. Trying to figure it out.  I'll always root for the underdog and for people's right and ability to change.
Misunderstood.