Educational

Author Topic: I'm looking for love  (Read 5909 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: I'm looking for love
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
Aaand apparently I've forgotten the difference between "your" and "you're."

*bows head in shame*

Just the same repackaged bullshit with autotune and less pretense.  The autotune helps.
i won't judge you for a simple spelling or grammar mistake.
I understood what you meant and that's good enough for me.
Misunderstood.

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »

*bows head in shame*

Just the same repackaged bullshit with autotune and less pretense.  The autotune helps.

Much appreciated.  Bugs the heck out of me, though! 

My mother ordered me a lovely gift from thinkgeek.com.  She received a promotional email shortly thereafter containing the word "congradulations." Being the word nerd that she is, she wrote them a scathing letter about their editing practices.  I explained that this was probably a play on words because it was meant to promote gifts for "grads." Secretly, I suspect that the guys at thinkgeek did this intentionally for the purpose of creating a betting pool for how many geeks would send them an email about it.  BRILLIANT!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »

*bows head in shame*

Then I hope you can show me a bit of patience.  I'm a lot ADHD and a bit dyslexic.  I try though.

My mother ordered me a lovely gift from thinkgeek.com.  She received a promotional email shortly thereafter containing the word "congradulations." Being the word nerd that she is, she wrote them a scathing letter about their editing practices.  I explained that this was probably a play on words because it was meant to promote gifts for "grads." Secretly, I suspect that the guys at thinkgeek did this intentionally for the purpose of creating a betting pool for how many geeks would send them an email about it.  BRILLIANT!
Misunderstood.

Offline AspieMomma

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »

*bows head in shame*

Then I hope you can show me a bit of patience.  I'm a lot ADHD and a bit dyslexic.  I try though.

I am in awe of your awesome.

LOL ADHD yes, dyslexic no. Hyperlexic. I have to slow myself down or I make silly mistakes.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

*bows head in shame*

LOL ADHD yes, dyslexic no. Hyperlexic. I have to slow myself down or I make silly mistakes.
i can't even quote correctly.  :lol1:

Oops, here we are forgiving each other and poor Nile (Richard) still hasn't found love.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
I'm very pleased I was able to bring you two together in such loving embrace, such as witnessed in this topic.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:59:21 PM by Nile »
:skywarp:

Offline AspieMomma

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58:35 PM »

*bows head in shame*

i can't even quote correctly.  :lol1:

Oops, here we are forgiving each other and poor Nile (Richard) still hasn't found love.

So Richard, have you tried dating sites?  Some give you a free trial.  Couldn't hurt.

Aspie meetup type group?

If I were trying to pick someone up I think I'd hang out at the library.  Who would you rather bring home (for more than one evening), someone from a library or someone from a bar? 

I'm so glad I'm not a guy.  I could never approach someone like that.  It is scary when you can't read people well. 

Best of luck.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
Thanks. I'm sure at some point in what others view as a miserable life, I will ultimately find someone.
If it happens, it does and all that. I was just broadening my horizons for potential dates when I made this topic, but my usual ememies showed up on Q, with there typical nonsence to ruin it. But no matter, I have all of the answers. already

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2013, 09:07:49 PM »
If I were trying to pick someone up I think I'd hang out at the library.  Who would you rather bring home (for more than one evening), someone from a library or someone from a bar? 
I suggested he take a community college course. 
Couldn't hurt. It wold be a net positive if he completes the course, even if he doesn't meet someone.
Misunderstood.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »
I suggested he take a community college course. 
Couldn't hurt. It wold be a net positive if he completes the course, even if he doesn't meet someone.

The social stimulation alone would be beneficial.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:54 PM »
Are you gonna plus her MCP? I would. there is no limits to her helpfulness
I suspect, I should pull a calandale here or atleast meet him for some socially stimulating conversation

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »
It doesn't matter what Richard says, there are some people who won't give him a chance.
There us someone else who is just nasty and looks for any opening to attack other males.

Sticky Ricky has done and been the same for a long time. Actually to be completely honest, when he stopped drinking and changed his name to Nile, I was amazed that his quality of writing had improved so much. There was simply nothing to pull him up on. I think I even plussed him a few times. Now he is back to being.....him.

He's been *him* all the time, mate. Can't be anyone else, just like you and me.

McJ is right, though. He's taken quite a beating the last few days. I wonder why, because he isn't any worse than most others here. He's got his flaws, sure, but he hasn't actually changed and acquired new ones. Quite the contrary, I would say, since he has stopped drinking.

I wonder what it is that makes people choose a target like that.

Its a fair question.

I can say for me, it was a combination of a few different things. First it was eris leaving and a bit of a void in a chew toy. Ricky was posting ok I thought. It seemed to gel with his whole stop drinking thing. Then he started having a go at DFG and the silly shit returned. Slim pickings went to easy pickings.
Had he not have had a go at her? I dunno, probably would have just kept insults to the insult thread?
As to anyone else? I dunno?

DFG had a go at him as well. Don't know who started it.

Thing is, it is my impression that Richard is more of a target than others here, and I don't see why that is. He isn't any less coherent than others, he isn't more spazzy, and his replies make a hell of a lot more sense than some people's.

For better or worse, he is consistent.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »
It doesn't matter what Richard says, there are some people who won't give him a chance.
There us someone else who is just nasty and looks for any opening to attack other males.

Sticky Ricky has done and been the same for a long time. Actually to be completely honest, when he stopped drinking and changed his name to Nile, I was amazed that his quality of writing had improved so much. There was simply nothing to pull him up on. I think I even plussed him a few times. Now he is back to being.....him.

He's been *him* all the time, mate. Can't be anyone else, just like you and me.

McJ is right, though. He's taken quite a beating the last few days. I wonder why, because he isn't any worse than most others here. He's got his flaws, sure, but he hasn't actually changed and acquired new ones. Quite the contrary, I would say, since he has stopped drinking.

I wonder what it is that makes people choose a target like that.

so odeon, let me get this straight.

its ok for richard to say out of the way things to people

to deride people

to spoof peoples screennames

its ok for him to do that

but not ok for others to give  it back

thats interesting

especially since it was decided not to put him on the protected members list

making him fair game

either protect him or dont

also keep it in mind the next time you or McJ decide to get in someones shit

what?

its all right for you two, but not for others?

I see

interesting

Er, no. He should be treated the same as anyone else here. My point, though, is that he is not. He is more of a target than others. Now, I haven't got the statistics to back this up with, it's just an impression I have.

If you choose to see my reply as protecting him, if you think I'm saying it's OK for him to attack others but not OK for others to attack him, I'd like you to explain how you arrived at this conclusion. I'm saying that he's seemed to be the target a lot, lately. I have seen several of you take jabs at him for no apparent reason--I'm not saying there aren't reasons but I have not read them, in that case. I don't read everything here.

But right now, it is my opinion that he is not treated the same as the rest, and I've seen it for years. MLA did it, Sir Les does it, you seem to, DFG seems to.

And I'm wondering why that is.

So let me ask you a question in return: why can't I ask this without having you imply that we (me and McJ) treat him differently from the rest? It's OK for you to deride him but not OK for us to defend him?

Sir Les called me out for this a few years ago. You might want to read that callout.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
This is what I want to know. who in the world, is asking for me to be protected here? nobody.
Why it keeps getting brought up over and over again, I don't know. haha

nobody wants me protected, and he wasn't saying that. you took it as such because your a damn retard

I have no interest in protecting you. I have an interest in fairness.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »
In relation to odeon, maybe I misunderstood what he wrote

If he wishes to come after me, though,

thats his right

This is Intensity

I don't want to "come after you", Sky, I want to understand why you wrote what you did. And I want to understand why it seems to be the case that Richard is treated differently from the rest. If I'm wrong, I'd like to be shown why, but if I'm right, I'd like others to take notice.

I have no problem with coming after any of you, if I think it's warranted, though.

- Albert Einstein