Author Topic: Happy Singles Awareness Day!  (Read 613 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Happy Singles Awareness Day!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 05:03:03 AM »
Now I am having a bad taste in my mouth btw. I had my stomach turning over, because of a postcard in the mail.

WTF

Postcard aimed at me personally, from a contact and dating site for people with a psychosocial or psychiatric vulnerability.

WTF,

I am not waiting for postcards with shit like that.

On the image side it says: "Durf jij met mij..." (Do you have the guts to go with me....)

Have they responded to you yet?

Yes, the responsible lady has sent me an email. She wrote the dating site had nothing to do with this, and was not even aware that this support agency had had this direct mailing campaign. (She may need to write an apology to that datingsite for this campaign)
She apologised for making me feel uncomfortable or stigmatised. And said she would use my reaction the next time she got asked to send out a direct mailing campaign. Because she could see my points.

She also asked me to send her my phonenumber, so that she could apologise in person again.

I have not sent my phone-number yet. This week I don't want any calls like that. There is enough on my plate. Somewhere in March I will allow her to call me. Not sure what I will be saying then, maybe I should mail her to ask her for her phonenumber, so that I can make the call at a time convenient for me.
On the other hand, this lady is finding her inner bitch and loving her to bits. So, if that lady calls at an inconvenient time, I will be able to tell her to call again later.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
I have not sent my phone-number yet.
Wouldn't hand out phone number to someone who distributes home address to dating sites. Seems odd she would ask for it in order to apologize again. Doesn't make sense.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
I have not sent my phone-number yet.
Wouldn't hand out phone number to someone who distributes home address to dating sites. Seems odd she would ask for it in order to apologize again. Doesn't make sense.

I agree. It sound less like she'll stop sending you stuff and more like she wants to tailor her next mailing campaign to fit you better.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.