Author Topic: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily  (Read 1508 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »
If this had been Bush there would everyone would be screaming for his impeachment.  So far Obama has been just as bad if not worse than Bush on civil rights

Agreed, much worse actually because he flat out lied about putting an end to these programs and in fact expanded upon them in secret. So much for transparency. ::)

Obama is a Democrat. He is also "black". Thus people think that it is OK with him doing these things.

Heh, that logic only works so far before even Obama's loyal followers start smelling the bullshit.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
If this had been Bush there would everyone would be screaming for his impeachment.  So far Obama has been just as bad if not worse than Bush on civil rights

Agreed, much worse actually because he flat out lied about putting an end to these programs and in fact expanded upon them in secret. So much for transparency. ::)

Obama is a Democrat. He is also "black". Thus people think that it is OK with him doing these things.

Heh, that logic only works so far before even Obama's loyal followers start smelling the bullshit.

The link I posted about the justice department blocking the court finding is from Mother Jones a very left wing site
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
is this apart of the patriot act? that's one stupid ass piece of legislation right there. Obama is no different than any other politician, a liar. first and formost he made a bunch of promises like closing down that jail in cuba, is it closed? nope. granted I think he has done some good things. like end DADT, and I guess anyone who steps into office is going to play the part. I also agree its time to stop blaming bush. every president is going to act like dis

I'm happy I don't have a service provider. with all of my info, I'm on a pay as you go plan so nobody has my name, adresss etc.
Although the government already has my name, and personal info so I wouldn't be upset about this even if I was on verisons phone plan
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:18:31 AM by Nile »
:skywarp:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »
Tis is why I feel that 911 was an inside job.  Just a ruse to steal our liberties.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 01:47:14 PM »
It is bush.  Obama just allowed it to continue. Said they put safeguards in place.

Someone said, maybe it was Franklin, those who trade freedom for security deserve neither.

So what if there is an occasional terrorist attack.  Give me my freedom.
Deserve neither and will lose both.  If I truly thought this stuff would make us more safe I'd be less opposed.  All it does is give a corrupt government a tighter hold on us.

There will always be the occasional terrorist attack.

Obama's approval ratings actually aren't that stellar, at the moment.  http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/lara-brown/2013/05/22/democrats-should-be-more-worried-about-obamas-scandals
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
Nah, my fellow Swede, also known as the owner of the board, says that you shall have confidence in the State. The State is your friend ;)

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
Tis is why I feel that 911 was an inside job.  Just a ruse to steal our liberties.
I don't know if I think it was an inside job, but I do agree that it was most conveinant to use it to steal away our liberties

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
We will conveniently have random attacks on American soil and they will be called terror.  They will serve as a stark reminder that we indeed need protecting. And the government will gladly put salve on our open sores of fear and loathing.
-me (just now)
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
We will conveniently have random attacks on American soil and they will be called terror.  They will serve as a stark reminder that we indeed need protecting. And the government will gladly put salve on our open sores of fear and loathing.
-me (just now)

Well, some people, no one mentioned, defend this monster called "the state" - because the fundamental wrong is in the state. It is fundamentally perverted.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 03:59:44 PM »
Anything people are involved in is corrupted. you can't escape it, unless you want to go live in a cave and be miserable.
Its best to deal with whatever your faced with as best you can, that way you can enjoy your own life

TheoK

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »
Anything people are involved in is corrupted. you can't escape it, unless you want to go live in a cave and be miserable.
Its best to deal with whatever your faced with as best you can, that way you can enjoy your own life

People have perverted minds because they live in a perverted society. In this society you learn to pretend to be good but act in your own interest on the expense of others.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 04:02:28 PM »
nothing about me is corrupt.  Just slightly askew.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
Slighty off is just fine with me. I have been corrupted though, If I really get down and think about it.
For instance, I'm purposefully not speaking with my father to hurt him. Its true, I wish it wasn't but I find that most people when dealing with situations lose their intelligent part of the brain, and the animalistic thinking part takes over.

I do get satisfaction out of watching people squirm aswell. makes me feel good, :blonde:

I guess what I'm trying to say is ever since I lost all concepts of right and wrong, I don't really view morality the same as before.
 Nothing here matters

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »
Everything matters.
And, if you live your life trying to do what's right then your life will be better.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
I don't equate doing "right" with success. this is a concept, tought by the morality police.
In nature, animals are brutal. and our closest relatives are some of the most brutal
we are all animals after all. not gods special creation
I'm living my life. there is no right or wrong for me

But this is just my opinion. everyone should do what works for them