Author Topic: Minecraft anyone!?  (Read 298 times)

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
Minecraft anyone!?
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »
So... i started playing this thing called Minecraft years back (Beta 0.9.5 if memory serves!) and it appears to be quite the retro hit these days.

Does anyone else play? if so Classic or Modded, and servers that accept friendly non griefing mother fuckers who don't have to donate!?

I run my own servers from time to time, mainly to test out new patches etc. and occasionally to check out BetterThanWolves (Growing Hemp baby!).

Suggestions please :)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Minecraft anyone!?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
 :include:
I just hate a lonely thread.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:28 AM »
So... i started playing this thing called Minecraft years back (Beta 0.9.5 if memory serves!) and it appears to be quite the retro hit these days.

Does anyone else play? if so Classic or Modded, and servers that accept friendly non griefing mother fuckers who don't have to donate!?

I run my own servers from time to time, mainly to test out new patches etc. and occasionally to check out BetterThanWolves (Growing Hemp baby!).

Suggestions please :)

No thanks. I will pass
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
Does anyone read the posts!?

I said if you play do you know any servers etc, not would you like to play with me... idiots!

Or if you like the game or not, if you don't like minecraft then go post somewhere where your opinion is valued or welcomed!!!

Cheers McJ, you're always welcome :p

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
I started playing a couple of weeks ago.  I tried a couple of multiplayer servers, but I've mostly stuck to single player survival.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »

I said if you play do you know any servers etc, not would you like to play with me... idiots!

Or if you like the game or not, if you don't like minecraft then go post somewhere where your opinion is valued or welcomed!!!

careful, you're becoming uppity. :laugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:56 AM »
My son (now fourteen years old) plays this almost constantly.

I see massive amounts of spyware in the computer everyday, which Spybot finds and destroys, but still a pain to deal with.

He is playing the free, online game.

For just a few bucks I can buy him a "full version."  He is allergic to change, so he is refusing, but does anyone have experience with the PAID version?  I am hoping to see fewer ads in the paid version and NO spyware shit.

I would love to set this up for him, without all the crapshite that goes with the FREE version,

... or is it just the same with the PAID version?

HELP, please?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »

No thanks
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
My son (now fourteen years old) plays this almost constantly.

I see massive amounts of spyware in the computer everyday, which Spybot finds and destroys, but still a pain to deal with.

He is playing the free, online game.

For just a few bucks I can buy him a "full version."  He is allergic to change, so he is refusing, but does anyone have experience with the PAID version?  I am hoping to see fewer ads in the paid version and NO spyware shit.

I would love to set this up for him, without all the crapshite that goes with the FREE version,

... or is it just the same with the PAID version?

HELP, please?

It's probably a problem with the site he's playing it on, rather than a problem with Minecraft.  The official site is https://minecraft.net/ ; if he's playing it some other site, like http://www.noobgamer.co.uk/2012/12/08/minecraft-full-version-online/ or something like that, it could be a version that's had spyware and stuff added to it by a malicious third party.  There's no ads or spyware or anything in the paid version, and I don't think the official demo has any crap in it either.  I don't even remember seeing any ads for IAPs in the mobile edition demo for iOS, and even paid apps on iOS are often infested with ads to get you to buy stuff.

There's also this thing about malicious mods for minecraft, but the vanilla game should be fine: http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/news/notch-confirms-minecraft-mods-are-stealing-passwords.aspx
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Double D! How've you been sir? All good i hope.

Well i suggest you do get the full version, to my knowledge there are no ads or spyware in the actual version of minecraft. it would appear that you don't have the actual minecraft at all.  i got mine from Mojang, here at www.minecraft.net

The safe mods i have played for minecraft are Bukkit and Better Than Wolves. they contain no spyware or password stealing software.

Uppity McJ!? Well sorry for being blunt but i thought this place was meant for discussion and not unwanted drivvel?  If people want to bitch and moan surely there are better ways to do it!? and better places.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice, gents!

It seems that I will need to attend his online activity a bit closer. Then, as time permits in the coming days, simply  "go behind his back, "  like an evil father would, buy him the full version, get to know it a bit and  then just show him the benefits.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:49:54 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:21 AM »
Maybe use youtube to find a good guide series (i would recommend Yogscast but there's a bit too much swearing in the later episodes!) but there are some child friendly versions out there, my old server (Hobkbobs and Murder) did a load of let's play series with me in and some mates, that could be usefull (find them on google!)

The Paid version is Much better than anyother, and is official and has No bad stuff in it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »

So far the "paid version"  seems perfectly clean.

Good call!!

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Well you do Pay for it :p