Educational

Author Topic: Why is it considered so unreasonable to be Agnostic?  (Read 603 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Why is it considered so unreasonable to be Agnostic?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 02:06:45 PM »
I think it's unreasonable to be agnostic for the same reason it's unreasonable to be an aunicornist.

There's no good reason to belive that fairy tales MIGHT be true. We know all examples to be make-believe.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
Okay maybe I haven't been clear enough. There is a difference between what you think, and fact. Example:

Some dude: "Lance, do you think there is a creator?"
Me: "No."

Some dude: "Lance, can you prove or disprove the existence of a creator""

Do you see the difference here? I see atheists and theists ABOUND that claim you are a fucktard if you do not accept the "OBVIOUS FACT" that there is or isn't a supreme being.

I say to that, you are full of it. You don't know that for sure. Stop being such a smug piece of crap.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »
Atheist: I don't believe in God.

Agnostic: I don't know whether God exists or not.

Similar views between the two. The difference being that the agnostic won't state his belief (or lack of it).

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Actually I state my belief all the time. I do not believe there is a supreme being. And I could spend hours slashing religious texts by pointing out their inconsistencies and hypocrisy. I will not state this as fact however, because it isn't. There is no proof. For either view.

Stating either view as fact immediately tells me a person just wants an endless argument, or they are dumb.
I will never stop...

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
That makes you an atheist then, the typical atheist, not the strong atheist.

Most atheists I know agree that it can't be known that God absolutely does not exist.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »
That makes you an atheist then, the typical atheist, not the strong atheist.

Most atheists I know agree that it can't be known that God absolutely does not exist.

Well where do I find more like me then? Most atheists I've ever talked to began foaming at the mouth as soon as I said I didn't know something.
I will never stop...

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »
Okay maybe I haven't been clear enough. There is a difference between what you think, and fact. Example:

Do you see the difference here? I see atheists and theists ABOUND that claim you are a fucktard if you do not accept the "OBVIOUS FACT" that there is or isn't a supreme being.

I say to that, you are full of it. You don't know that for sure. Stop being such a smug piece of crap.

The mistake you're making here is that you've conflated theism and deism.

A theistic god is involved in human affairs. It cares what you do with your genitals and what kind of fabric you wear and what you eat. They also tinker with the laws of physics (magic, miracles, etc).

A deistic god is a mere universe creator. It doesn't seem to intervene in this world. It doesn't monkey with the laws of physics.

All theistic gods are man-made, therefore false. A deistic god can't be disproven because it's just the notion that an intelligent being made the universe we live in. It's indistinguishable from an extra-terrestrial alien.

I'm an aTheist but not an aDeist, I'm agnostic towards the idea of a universe creator since there's no indisputable evidence of what caused the big bang.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

The mistake you're making here is that you've conflated theism and deism.

A theistic god is involved in human affairs. It cares what you do with your genitals and what kind of fabric you wear and what you eat. They also tinker with the laws of physics (magic, miracles, etc).

A deistic god is a mere universe creator. It doesn't seem to intervene in this world. It doesn't monkey with the laws of physics.

All theistic gods are man-made, therefore false. A deistic god can't be disproven because it's just the notion that an intelligent being made the universe we live in. It's indistinguishable from an extra-terrestrial alien.

I'm an aTheist but not an aDeist, I'm agnostic towards the idea of a universe creator since there's no indisputable evidence of what caused the big bang.

Lol I don't see the difference. A god is a god is a god. A magic faggoty god who sprinkled some nut crust on a soccer ball shaped magic thingy and farted the universe into being is just as stupid to me. This is what I personally believe, but I admit that I cannot prove this as fact.

Although I think its pretty likely that extraterrestrial life does exist. At lease some actual physical evidence exists to support a claim like that. (number of galaxies, number of solar systems, number of planets in a zone where it wouldn't be too hot or too cold, etc.) With some math you could come up with a reasonable theory on how likely it is that life on other planets exists.

With god, there is no evidence other than how people "feel" in their "hearts". Fuck that shit,  you niggers LOLOL. SUCK A COCK.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:27:58 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 01:49:09 PM »
I don't know, I don't pretend to know, and I don't care if anyone else is a believer or not I'm not out to prove you wrong or right, whatever gets you through the day.

I can respect someone else's beliefs as long as they can respect my desire to be left alone about the subject.

It's only when someone starts thumping their bible and telling me what I should be doing... and how I should be living my life according to what and who they believe in... that makes me go from 0 to BITCH in record time.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
I don't know, I don't pretend to know, and I don't care if anyone else is a believer or not I'm not out to prove you wrong or right, whatever gets you through the day.

I can respect someone else's beliefs as long as they can respect my desire to be left alone about the subject.

It's only when someone starts thumping their bible and telling me what I should be doing... and how I should be living my life according to what and who they believe in... that makes me go from 0 to BITCH in record time.

Well in that case, i'm afraid i'll have to be ramming these pamphlets about the sacrifice of jesus Christ our saviorahmmennn down your throat. Sorry about this.

*rolls up sleeves, puts on his close minded shoes*
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Most agnostics are reformed zealots.  They just cannot quite make the commitment and deny all their indictrinations.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »
Most agnostics are reformed zealots.  They just cannot quite make the commitment and deny all their indictrinations.

I was never religious myself. I just can't dismiss the logical possibility of a creator without solid proof. Indeed. It may even be true that a creator may both exist and not exist at the same time till proven otherwise!

Itt: All this shit is people speculating about thousands of years of speculations, and when I call it that, people get really pissed off at me.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »

I was never religious myself. I just can't dismiss the logical possibility of a creator without solid proof. Indeed. It may even be true that a creator may both exist and not exist at the same time till proven otherwise!

Itt: All this shit is people speculating about thousands of years of speculations, and when I call it that, people get really pissed off at me.
Which makes me even angrier than them, I might add. Which makes them dislike me.
I will never stop...

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »
It's just considered wishy washy; that seems to be the biggest complaint. Of course no one really knows, so it's kind of stupid. For a black and white thinker, am still quite stupid that way.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 07:15:50 PM »
It's just considered wishy washy; that seems to be the biggest complaint. Of course no one really knows, so it's kind of stupid. For a black and white thinker, am still quite stupid that way.

Of course no one really knows, so it's kind of stupid

Mhm. :eyelash:
I will never stop...