Educational

Author Topic: Terror attack in Boston?  (Read 5466 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Terror attack in Boston?
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
Indeed. You don't seem to be an American. You would be really shocked to find out just how little freedom the citizen in the "land of the free" really has.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
Indeed. You don't seem to be an American. You would be really shocked to find out just how little freedom the citizen in the "land of the free" really has.

George W Bush always made me think he was president of murka.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
Here's a nice vid of people voluntarily letting the police search there homes after being asked in a friendly manner.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Here's a nice vid of people voluntarily letting the police search there homes after being asked in a friendly manner.

I think that would cause me to have a meltdown.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2013, 05:13:01 AM »

Me to, I wonder if I would have been shot :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »

1.  The person who filmed and posted that may be in worlds of trouble for taking unauthorized video of police.  (Recordings with sound can't be taken without consent, and police get super-pissy about being filmed, of course.  And can make your life hell if you piss 'em off)
2.  The violation of having your home raided by cops is something I think most people can barely conceptualize.  And the cops can make it worse if they want to- not just tearing things apart, but also just destroying things, because they can.  It's not just a search tactic, it's also a way to intimidate and send a message.  What can be done in an hour or two can take literally MONTHS to properly undo, depending on how much energy you have to rebuild that which was destroyed.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »

1.  The person who filmed and posted that may be in worlds of trouble for taking unauthorized video of police.  (Recordings with sound can't be taken without consent, and police get super-pissy about being filmed, of course.  And can make your life hell if you piss 'em off)
2.  The violation of having your home raided by cops is something I think most people can barely conceptualize.  And the cops can make it worse if they want to- not just tearing things apart, but also just destroying things, because they can.  It's not just a search tactic, it's also a way to intimidate and send a message.  What can be done in an hour or two can take literally MONTHS to properly undo, depending on how much energy you have to rebuild that which was destroyed.

It's the shooting pets that bothers me the most.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

I will never more call America a free country. Why wouldn't you be allowed to film the pigs? They are officials, ergo: it should be known to the public what they are doing in their work.

This is also one of the reasons why it feels so good every time a cop gets what he deserves.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2013, 08:09:46 AM »

Actually to your first point, you are wrong. They have appeal an old loophole a few times and it has always been struck down.

That said not only is the rest of what you said is true BUT even though you are allowed to film them. Perfectly legal. They DO get pissy and there is nothing REALLY that you can do once they decide to get pissy, as they get exonerated for their overreactions.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »
I am rather surprised that such an intelligent bunch of people (ie many of the above posters) thought they lived in a free country.

TheoK

« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:05 AM »
I am rather surprised that such an intelligent bunch of people (ie many of the above posters) thought they lived in a free country.

Haha, I live in Europe. 30 years ago or so, when watching American movies, it seemed like America was the best country on the planet.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »
Actually Rage is right.

Redefine if the suspect is REALLY a citizen.
See if the laws and various amendments can be used to justify a suppression of rights.
Redefine every aspect of crime to infer a the ability to cast him as a non-citizen or the crime as a terrorist act
Challenge any attempt to challenge
Turn the media against him to put pressure on anyone seeking to make a ruling against him in the court.
Treat him ALWAYS as guilty before innocent.

Once you have this in place, things become a slippery slope and freedom can slide. especially if after every "terrorist act" you amp up the fear mongering and use the impetus to slide through dodgy bills and suppress rights.

In my lifetime there will be a civil war in America :( (the upping the ante ratchetting of rights can only go so far before a monumental push back against the established bourgeois)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
Actually Rage is right.

Redefine if the suspect is REALLY a citizen.
See if the laws and various amendments can be used to justify a suppression of rights.
Redefine every aspect of crime to infer a the ability to cast him as a non-citizen or the crime as a terrorist act
Challenge any attempt to challenge
Turn the media against him to put pressure on anyone seeking to make a ruling against him in the court.
Treat him ALWAYS as guilty before innocent.

Once you have this in place, things become a slippery slope and freedom can slide. especially if after every "terrorist act" you amp up the fear mongering and use the impetus to slide through dodgy bills and suppress rights.

In my lifetime there will be a civil war in America :( (the upping the ante ratchetting of rights can only go so far before a monumental push back against the established bourgeois)

Indeed. I'm so not looking forward to another war in my lifetime. Especially one on American soil. It makes one have a pretty dim view of the future.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »

Haha, I live in Europe. 30 years ago or so, when watching American movies, it seemed like America was the best country on the planet.

The propaganda was very effective.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22296830

This whole fucking thing is stressing me out. I don't know who to trust!! :tinfoil:

Maybe the suspect will get a damn good lawyer and I hope the trial is public because I really want to hear what he is saying for himself. Is he denying it? What's going on??

And why aren't fertilizer plants which blow up half a town not more of a concern?

:hair:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.