Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7704 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »
Why would the reasons for "gun control" miraculously change after several thousand years?

Silly me. I thought we were discussing a current situation.

But sure, you go right ahead. Prove the reasons for each and every item on your list. Meanwhile I'll just post in other threads.

And by "proof" I mean something rather more substantial than the strawman or the ad hominem.

We haven't evolved into ancient alien astronauts, O-man. Humans are still humans.

Sorry, mate, was that supposed to make more sense than Lit's last few posts?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2013, 02:20:46 PM »
Though he is right.

About the ancient astronauts?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #332 on: June 16, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »
It's all the government.
Al Qaeda is simply the name of a "common enemy" which promotes nationalism, dependency on government and aids in stripping our liberties.  All for the benefit of the status quo and the oligarchy.

I remember, in America, where it was the evils of communism, gonna come get you in the middle of the night and do rape thingies to your butt hole.  Now, we are shipping all our jobs to the communists.

It's all a ruse.

Exactly. And he is not that stupid that he believes that "our" European governments are any better. They do everything that America tells them to do. Or what the EU tells them to do.

So why this charade where he pretends to believe that they restrict guns for other reasons than preserving their own power?

Better back that up, too, while you're at it. The fact is that you don't know what I believe, simply because I haven't told you. Pretend to know if you like, but you are guessing.

You can't logically be in favour of gun laws and realize that the ones in charge are abusive psychopaths. You can at least not think that a gun law made by the current persons in charge has the goal to protect the "ordinary citizen"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »
It's all the government.
Al Qaeda is simply the name of a "common enemy" which promotes nationalism, dependency on government and aids in stripping our liberties.  All for the benefit of the status quo and the oligarchy.

I remember, in America, where it was the evils of communism, gonna come get you in the middle of the night and do rape thingies to your butt hole.  Now, we are shipping all our jobs to the communists.

It's all a ruse.

Exactly. And he is not that stupid that he believes that "our" European governments are any better. They do everything that America tells them to do. Or what the EU tells them to do.

So why this charade where he pretends to believe that they restrict guns for other reasons than preserving their own power?

Better back that up, too, while you're at it. The fact is that you don't know what I believe, simply because I haven't told you. Pretend to know if you like, but you are guessing.

You can't logically be in favour of gun laws and realize that the ones in charge are abusive psychopaths. You can at least not think that a gun law made by the current persons in charge has the goal to protect the "ordinary citizen"

But I can. My position is perfectly logical. Me being in favour of gun control has very little to do with those in charge and everything to do with the fact that I think the nutjobs are everywhere and guns can do very little to remedy that fact. For some reason you seem to think that they only exist in positions of power.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2013, 01:50:02 AM »
The most powerful weapons are in the hands of power-abusing psychopaths. They are called "the cops" and "the military".

In Sweden it is not thanks to any gun law that we have relatively little violence. It has to do with the Swedish mentality of non-confrontation. Gun violence was pretty rare even when guns were totally free or when the license was just a formality, and the revolver had existed for some 80 years and the browning for some 40 years.

I have read old newspaper articles and books where incidents were mentioned, but they were relatively few.

TheoK

« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2013, 02:20:49 AM »
One country that you like very much, the Czech Republic, has the most liberal gun law in Europe. You need a license for most guns, which is still wrong in my opinion, but once you have a license you are allowed to carry the gun for self-protection in public places, just like in America.

Is it common with school shootings in the Czech Republic? Do you feel unsafe in Prague because people can legally be armed?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »
Though he is right.

About the ancient astronauts?

I implied "superior beings" in a mirthful way. No. We have not evolved.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
The most powerful weapons are in the hands of power-abusing psychopaths. They are called "the cops" and "the military".

In Sweden it is not thanks to any gun law that we have relatively little violence. It has to do with the Swedish mentality of non-confrontation. Gun violence was pretty rare even when guns were totally free or when the license was just a formality, and the revolver had existed for some 80 years and the browning for some 40 years.

I have read old newspaper articles and books where incidents were mentioned, but they were relatively few.

The military will be on our side, man. They don't vow to protect the government in the soldier's creed every single morning. Google "soldier's creed".
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
One country that you like very much, the Czech Republic, has the most liberal gun law in Europe. You need a license for most guns, which is still wrong in my opinion, but once you have a license you are allowed to carry the gun for self-protection in public places, just like in America.

Is it common with school shootings in the Czech Republic? Do you feel unsafe in Prague because people can legally be armed?

Prague is quite safe. You might have more problems in the countryside.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »
^ :pwned:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2013, 10:58:16 PM »
Circular arguments abound.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #343 on: June 18, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
Wtf?
I will never stop...