Author Topic: Land dispute: US vs Onondaga for New York state  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Land dispute: US vs Onondaga for New York state
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
Why do you quote parts, but address the blue one about parts?

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
'Your people wronged my people a couple hundred years ago'    Blah blah blah  it gets old.  Go back far enough everyones been fucked by someone and everyone has fucked someone else

Boy you really don't know US law or history do you?

There are certain disputes that exist today which have been ongoing, and the Supremes court has ruled in favour of Indians for land disputes. They have the legal right to dispute those lands, and US has the obligation to meet the challenge.

Also, they weren't wronged 100 years ago, it is an ongoing and current offense. But of course, a statement like that shows you probably don't care to know your history. Taking a lot of self-restraint to not just start cursing...

Curse all you want I still will not care and they will not get what they want, sure they may get something and this is their angle to get as much as possible. 

see what I mean skyblue1? Parts doesn't care, just makes ignorant statements with no knowledge of the facts, the history, the law, or the purpose. Makes the same presumptions about people's motives that racists make.

And I didn't curse. For the record. But I am upset, because that racist BS is what lets a genocide to finish itself off.
I have nothing to do with your conversation with Parts,

But then again, I do share his view

And dont think think we are ignorant in the least.

Lawsuit this, lawsuit that.

Gets a little old to us older more experienced and much wiser folks.

But, keep tilting at all your windmills. Nothing wrong with it. Its good to have passion.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
Is this a place for nazi's or something?

uhh, didnt see the nazi part

fuck you
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:19:57 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
The Golden Hill Paugussetts tried this in CT and failed but then again they didn't have a cool belt
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
Why do you quote parts, but address the blue one about parts?

Because skyblue1 said
wasnt nothing ignorant about it
referring to my response to the ignorance of Parts' statement. So I've been responding to that, and avoiding responding to Parts because I might start cursing if I did.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
'Your people wronged my people a couple hundred years ago'    Blah blah blah  it gets old.  Go back far enough everyones been fucked by someone and everyone has fucked someone else

There are certain disputes that exist today which have been ongoing, and the Supremes court has ruled in favour of Indians for land disputes. They have the legal right to dispute those lands, and US has the obligation to meet the challenge.

Also, they weren't wronged 100 years ago, it is an ongoing and current offense. But of course, a statement like that shows you probably don't care to know your history. Taking a lot of self-restraint to not just start cursing...

Curse all you want I still will not care and they will not get what they want, sure they may get something and this is their angle to get as much as possible. 

see what I mean skyblue1? Parts doesn't care, just makes ignorant statements with no knowledge of the facts, the history, the law, or the purpose. Makes the same presumptions about people's motives that racists make.

And I didn't curse. For the record. But I am upset, because that racist BS is what lets a genocide to finish itself off.

But, keep tilting at all your windmills. Nothing wrong with it. Its good to have passion.

You do realize its not a money lawsuit, they aren't looking for money. It's a land claim/land rights suit, and they aren't looking to displace anyone.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:33:25 PM by sg1008 »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »

You do realize its not a lawsuit, they aren't looking for money.

Give me a fucking break, not looking for money what bullshit.  Read all you want on their website and how they just want their land back but the truth is they are not going to get it.  They will get something I am sure some land, money or both but not everything they say they want even they know it.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
[Because skyblue1 said

Meh, you got it wrong

My comment was about your comment about my comment....that you dislke white guys

thats my comment on that

yours?

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 07:42:15 PM »

Give me a fucking break, not looking for money what bullshit.  Read all you want on their website and how they just want their land back but the truth is they are not going to get it.  They will get something I am sure some land, money or both but not everything they say they want even they know it.
The Catawbas held up progress in my county for years, with their last Treaty lawsuit. ( 1980 -1991)

This after they had recieved a huge settlement in the 1950's to settle their original Treaty lawsuit.

Yep, its all about the money.

And thats taxpayer dollars
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:44:04 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
[Because skyblue1 said

Meh, you got it wrong

My comment was about your comment about my comment....that you dislke white guys

thats my comment on that

yours?

Well, then, I misunderstood.
I wasn't calling your comment asking me if I dislike white guys ignorant btw. I was calling the statement made by Parts' ignorant. The answer to your question about disliking white guys is that I don't, and then I asked why you thought I did. Why did you think I dislike white guys?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »

The Catawbas held up progress in my county for years, with their last Treaty lawsuit. ( 1980 -1991)

This after they had recieved a huge settlement in the 1950's to settle their original Treaty lawsuit.

The Golden Hill Paugussetts did the same here in the 90s but they got nothing

George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 07:51:25 PM »

#1 to generalize from one nation to another is a racist notion that all Indians are the same no matter where they from, what language they speak, who they are.

#2 Also the racist politicians arguments that Indians are always looking for money, as if genocide, displacement, oppression, and continual "screwing-the-over" means nothing at all.

#3 1950's? Lets see... during that time...what was the US doing, oh yeah, kidnapping children forcing them into boarding schools where they were abused, molested, raped, and punished for speaking the language they knew. and what is that exactly?

Excerpt from the Convention on the Prevention and
Punishment of Genocide (For full text click here)
"Article II:  In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

#3 So, they should just assimilate, forget about their ancestors, forget about their cultures, forget about their languages, forget about their relationship with the land, flora, and fauna, forget about their history, forget about their duties in their respective communities, etc., and just assimilate.

WTF you think they survived this long to just assimilate? Hell no.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »
[Because skyblue1 said

Meh, you got it wrong

thats my comment on that

yours?

I wasn't calling your comment asking me if I dislike white guys ignorant btw. I was calling the statement made by Parts' ignorant. The answer to your question about disliking white guys is that I don't, and then I asked why you thought I did. Why did you think I dislike white guys?
Observation and interpretation of words you have written in the past

By the way doesnt matter to me whether you like us as a race or not. Thats your preference.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »
#3 1950's? Lets see... during that time...what was the US doing, oh yeah, kidnapping children forcing them into boarding schools where they were abused, molested, raped, and punished for speaking the language they knew. and what is that exactly?

citations for this comment?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
[Because skyblue1 said

Meh, you got it wrong

thats my comment on that

yours?

Observation and interpretation of words you have written in the past

By the way doesnt matter to me whether you like us as a race or not. Thats your preference.

Yeah, as in attraction, I do tend to like Irish ladies. That's because I happen to be proud of my Irish heritage. For the record, I don't dislike white guys. It may be that I reference them in politics a lot, but that's because they tend to be the leaders in this country.

If anything, I have a bias against wealthy people. it's nothing I'm proud of though...just something inherited from my father. Doesn't matter the race, if you are loaded (and spend like it) I have immediate weariness...