Educational

Author Topic: Land dispute: US vs Onondaga for New York state  (Read 3410 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Land dispute: US vs Onondaga for New York state
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »
Don't leave, n00b.

I don't want Sg1008 to leave either. Seems like he has. It was Rissy all over again. Did not have to be of course. Oh well.

It's a shame. He seems like a nice enough person.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
From what I can see, he was unable to separate fact debate from fiction debate. It seemed he was getting pissed about how morals and logic seemed to be unimportant here.

Itt: a bit sensitive. But yeah I think he's a real good dude. Hope he learns the ropes and comes back.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »
Agreed. Abunch of bad shit happened a longtime ago, and people are bitching even tough they are affected in no way whatsoever, separated from the acts by a century or more of time. They could not possibly even understand what their ancestors had to go through, so they are basically being whiny cunts.

White guilt- What a stupid thing. If these fuckers really want something to whine about, they should move to another country, maybe a third world country. Then they could discover what a hard days work or an empty belly REALLY feels like and REALLY have something to bitch about.

I personally have a very serious problem with people who stockpile wealth just for the sake of stockpiling it. Wealth could be stocks, gold, swiss bank accounts, etc. Those people seem to do this to ridiculous points just to see how grotesquely rich they can get. Okay, they are making themselves happy and being free, but their happiness is taking food and clothing from hundreds of thousands of people on a regular basis. Every time they wipe their asses with silk or brag about their damascus watch, some kid dies somewhere of starvation.

Now THAT is a fucking problem. Someone could complain about it because they are black and say that all the people who do that are white males, but what the fuck ever dude. I say they aren't. I say people of all color do this, and guess what? If you disagree with me you are a giant RACIST!

How about that feminists? How about that "oppressed" black people? How about that everyone who isn't a white male? CAN YOU DISAGREE? :zoinks:

Ah, late to the table, but I will put my two in anyway.

Actually, I do disagree to some extent.

White males on average, are  able to take advantage of a system that by default gives privilege to people who are white. It is easier to accumulate wealth if your family has had it or has connections to it. If you're talking about simple hoarding, yes, everyone does it, for example, my mother, who is easily worth a couple million but lived in poverty as a child. Until she was 12, she worked in a factory to support her family after her father died. She hoards everything, including money. Is she wealthy? No. White? Only sort of - part white, part native american and about .25 african american. The important thing is that she looks black. She's run into barriers.
Bottom line is that it still is easier for white people to accumulate wealth in the united states.

HOWEVER.

Who is white these days? These days we go on appearance in the trenches, and that is meaningless. There are people who look white, who aren't, and vice versa. The white looking folks in the trenches still can take advantage of the system, but if they don't have the connections, they aren't going to get into the upper class. It's like that clique at school, remember? People bought their way in and ran away crying when they were told that after spending all that money and doing all those foolish things, that after all they weren't the right kind of person. It was never about being white. Race is a red herring to distract you from the fact that you can't get into the club unless they want you.

Rather than share the wealth with us (which would, by the way, be a violation of the rules of the game), we a pit against each other for what appears to be a diminishing pile of resources. If our caste should be so foolish as to attempt to accumulate wealth as a group, then something as simple as day trading will put the wealth back in the right hands.

There is a very good reason that our government is entertaining the requests of native americans. we suck as a country, and most of the rest of the world either hates or despises us. china owns us because of our own stupidity. we lag behind the rest of the world in technology development, intelligence and even health care - we have one of the highest infant mortality rates in the world.

Is there any reason any country shouldn't come in and take us over by force, which essentially we have done all over the world, wherever we needed a military presence? We blew up innocent people in Japan, why shouldn't there be a blowing up in one or two of our major cities? If we overran the land and pushed people out, wouldn't it make sense for them to take back the land the same way?

Yeah, there is a reason. Because, you see, us nice folks in the US, we're really peaceful and sorry for what we did in the past. And just to show you how sorry we are, we will entertain any request from the people we conquered by deceit, trickery and outright massacre. Not only that, we will benevolently manage the land for those people who are unable to do it themselves (because savages are obviously of low intelligence even today). See? We're trying to make it better. We'll listen to them and then decide on a response - in a few decades or so.

Thus 9/11 becomes a horrible tragedy that befell a peaceful nation rather than a simple act of war. Any time someone gets to us we can appeal to the rest of the world on the basis of our being so peaceful and law abiding.

I'm sure that it will fool some of the people all of the time, but the rest of the world, I think, is not so foolish. For what it's worth, I think they should get some land or some compensation. Then at least our claims of benevolence could have a tiny bit of support.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
Skimmed. I can tell you've made good points. I'll comeback later and give it a careful read to see if I have anything to counter or add. :thumbup:

Good stuff man.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
Don't leave, n00b.

I don't want Sg1008 to leave either. Seems like he has. It was Rissy all over again. Did not have to be of course. Oh well.

What happened to sg Al? I liked him.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
Hopefully he'll be back when he realises that we aren't Nazis.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
That was a great post, wolfish.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »
He does take breaks every now and then

even at AFF

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:37 PM »
Don't leave, n00b.

I blame you.  You ran him off with all your damn boobies.   :M
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
I think Sg1008 has (I may be completely wrong) misjudged and made some incorrect assumptions about attitudes, beliefs and was rigidity in his "rightness" that when he was in the wrong, he was there all in...to the point of making the same mistakes as those he was accusing others of. Doesn't make him a bad bloke . People are more than one internet debate. Much more
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
It's the nature of this place. Occasional heated debate and trolling.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
Don't leave, n00b.

I blame you.  You ran him off with all your damn boobies.   :M

I don't have any sea birds.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
I've blocked signatures because of you. You brute. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »
I've blocked signatures because of you. You brute. :M

I'm sorry odeon.  :'( I'll change the boobs if you like  :orly: