Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135661 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #9210 on: October 12, 2010, 05:41:56 AM »
This is going to sound much worse than it is. 

I spent the day at the hospital with the Princess Royal.  She had uncontrollable seizures.  Her legs would shake, but she did not lose consciousness and was alert and responsive to me.  I took her to the emergency room.  They were unable to stop the seizures with 2 doses of Ativan and so they admitted her.  She's in the Coronary Critical Care Unit where she'll have a 24 hour EEG starting tomorrow morning.  She's in CCU because she's entirely off her epilepsy meds and they want to be able to respond ASAP if they need to.  I'll be spending tonight and tomorrow with her and Prince Albert will be with her tomorrow and until discharge on Wednesday. 

It's a good thing in a way because she hasn't had an EEG in over 10 years and I personally think epileptics should have them every 5 years just to keep on top of things.  Anyway, she's been fed (hamburger and cake) and I told her I'd be back by midnight.  There's a few things I need to do before I go back.  I'm confident that everything will be fine. 

Thinking of you. I hope it all works out OK.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9211 on: October 12, 2010, 05:55:47 AM »

I spent the day at the hospital with the Princess Royal.  She had uncontrollable seizures.  Her legs would shake, but she did not lose consciousness and was alert and responsive to me.  I took her to the emergency room.  They were unable to stop the seizures with 2 doses of Ativan and so they admitted her.  She's in the Coronary Critical Care Unit where she'll have a 24 hour EEG starting tomorrow morning.  She's in CCU because she's entirely off her epilepsy meds and they want to be able to respond ASAP if they need to.  I'll be spending tonight and tomorrow with her and Prince Albert will be with her tomorrow and until discharge on Wednesday. 

It's a good thing in a way because she hasn't had an EEG in over 10 years and I personally think epileptics should have them every 5 years just to keep on top of things.  Anyway, she's been fed (hamburger and cake) and I told her I'd be back by midnight.  There's a few things I need to do before I go back.  I'm confident that everything will be fine. 

Better to have her in hospital monitored. And at least (even though it's awful for all of you) it's in a controlled environment without meds where they can really assess what's going on hopefully.

richard

« Reply #9212 on: October 12, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »
i just got done making my isntant coffee  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9213 on: October 12, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

:hug:

Good luck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9214 on: October 12, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
Visited the Jag shop.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9215 on: October 12, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »
I am wondering how I can summon the kitten. it's bedtime and I want a furball for cuddles  :2thumbsup:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9216 on: October 12, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »

Oh my goodness!  I hope she's going to be OK.  Why did they take her completely off her meds, just to get the EEG?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9217 on: October 12, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
I am wondering how I can summon the kitten. it's bedtime and I want a furball for cuddles  :2thumbsup:

Use the can opener.  Cats can hear that from a mile away.

:laugh:

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #9218 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
Moved some wood seasoning since spring under the deck up to the driveway for splitting.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9219 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:44 AM »

:agreed:  Or rattle the bag of dry food, if she eats that.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9220 on: October 13, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

:agreed:  Or rattle the bag of dry food, if she eats that.

I was always amazed by their acute hearing when I had cats. They recognised all the *important* sounds. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #9221 on: October 13, 2010, 10:55:12 AM »
in 10 minutes im gonna start fucking cleaning.  :P

richard

« Reply #9222 on: October 13, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
even though my house is small it still takes me about an hour to clean. why is that?

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9223 on: October 13, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
even though my house is small it still takes me about an hour to clean. why is that?

cause youre extremely slow or extremely messy  :zoinks:
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9224 on: October 13, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
in 10 minutes im gonna start fucking cleaning.  :P

Who is cleaning and why do you have to wait to fuck him/her?

- Albert Einstein