Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135751 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #9150 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
No those things don't bother me much unless mangled it was in a car not for from where I feed the birds..  The took the food from my hand

Little wild animals just seem to love you! First we met your chipmunk pals from your trip out west,
now you have bird buddies! You're like Snow White!  :2thumbsup:

I find the company of animals much better than that of people

Same here.

:agreed:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9151 on: October 05, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
Went out and had a drink and got really drunk. Had a great laugh watching my friend try to find a girl for my cousin. Can't believe it but she succeeded :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9152 on: October 05, 2010, 06:36:40 PM »
Went out and had a drink and got really drunk. Had a great laugh watching my friend try to find a girl for my cousin. Can't believe it but she succeeded :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Do you think it will be a lasting love?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9153 on: October 05, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »

Cleared my garage/shop out to make room around my table saw.

I am preparing for another project - actually six large, horn loaded, pro audio speaker enclosures for a "friend."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9154 on: October 05, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »

Why do you taunt, so?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9155 on: October 05, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »

Do you think it will be a lasting love?  :orly:

I doubt it. She's really drunk. I'm sure she'll run a mile when she sobers up. She looks a bit too normal for him.
It's really wierd. I'm actually all pleased for him. I don't think I've ever seen him look so happy.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9156 on: October 05, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »

Why do you taunt, so?

Not taunting, just asking.

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9157 on: October 05, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »

I know, but you are just too damn cute sometimes. I HAVE to be a smart ass.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9158 on: October 05, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »

I am preparing for another project - actually six large, horn loaded, pro audio speaker enclosures for a "friend."

You brought back a memory of my Dad.  Back in the 1960's he built 3 hi-fi's and cabinets.  One for us, one for his sister and another one just for my sister and me.  I can remember him soldering, adjusting, sawing, nailing, gluing, swearing.  

Those were the days when the TV went on the blink you'd look in the back for a burnt out tube, go down to the drug store and use the tube tester machine to see that it was burnt out and buy a replacement tube.  Go back home, insert the tube and picture time.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9159 on: October 05, 2010, 06:49:29 PM »

Why do you taunt, so?

There's nothing wrong with taunting him. I know I'll spend most of tomorrow teasing the hell out of him :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9160 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »

I know, but you are just too damn cute sometimes. I HAVE to be a smart ass.

This site is like Clark Kent's phone booth. My lovable Weeble avatar and the scores of cute smilies
greatly enhance whatever natural charm I might have!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9161 on: October 05, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

You brought back a memory of my Dad.  Back in the 1960's he built 3 hi-fi's and cabinets.  One for us, one for his sister and another one just for my sister and me.  I can remember him soldering, adjusting, sawing, nailing, gluing, swearing. 

Those were the days when the TV went on the blink you'd look in the back for a burnt out tube, go down to the drug store and use the tube tester machine to see that it was burnt out and buy a replacement tube.  Go back home, insert the tube and picture time.

Cool memories.

I still prefer tube audio devices in my best sounding stereo rigs.  I have some amazingly complicated gear that I use for pro- audio (meaning gear for bands to use on stage), but the gear that I use for my personal enjoyment reaches to the extremes of minimalism in the design strategy. For instance, I use incredibly efficient drivers in an open back design (no enclosure - much like Edison was attempting to make popular in his day, but built from modern materials almost ten times as efficient as his drivers) along with very simple tube amplification.

The bandwidth, musicality, realism and dynamics are unmatched by any other approach that I have seen and believe me when I say, I have seen many philosophies of sound reproduction attempted.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:03:13 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9162 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »
Tube electronics have the most wonderful smell too :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9163 on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »

They always smelled kind of electricky and of burnt dust.  A definite unique smell.  

My sister has the hi-fi that Dad made for the adults.  Our small hi-fi was always put on the porch on New Years Eve, the 1812 Overture put on and the volume cranked up to the max.  The record we had used actual cannons of the type used in the seige of Moscow, so the sound was not only authentic, but deafening.  Somewhere along the line the hi-fi vanished.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:47:23 PM by Weakling »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9164 on: October 06, 2010, 07:21:33 AM »

They always smelled kind of electricky and of burnt dust.  A definite unique smell. 

My sister has the hi-fi that Dad made for the adults.  Our small hi-fi was always put on the porch on New Years Eve, the 1812 Overture put on and the volume cranked up to the max.  The record we had used actual cannons of the type used in the seige of Moscow, so the sound was not only authentic, but deafening.  Somewhere along the line the hi-fi vanished. 

Tubes create ozone as does lightning.

If there is dust on your tube gear, then you are smelling something like what happens just before a lightning storm; enhanced amounts of ozone in your local space polarising the dust in the air around you. This makes some atoms attract to each other, allowing them to collect in quantities large enough to stimulate your olfactory senses.

It is a simple thing, actually.

I can assure you that there is no dust on any of my tube gear. Dust would also affect the sound, which would defeat the purpose of going minimalist.  Random amounts of dust everywhere, reacting with all the other magnetic fields in the area would become a greatly undefinable variable while listening to high resolution stereo.  I could not tolerate this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:26:44 AM by DirtDawg »