Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 136552 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5040 on: February 04, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

i defended myself
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5041 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
How?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5042 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
Very little in anticipation of having to start a big house tomorrow and now it's not ready :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5043 on: February 04, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Broke the surface at work for a bit before getting dragged under again
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #5044 on: February 04, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »
Still banned and in prison on NSU oh well. :zoinks:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5045 on: February 05, 2009, 03:38:35 AM »
Wrote an angry email to the school.

I hope the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

Not by a long shot, unfortunately. A kid in my son's class punched him in the throat yesterday, yet the school is doing very little.

That's awful.  Was your son injured?  Was the kid who hit him a 'typical' child?

He got a scare, that's all, but he was lucky. An inch or two to the left and he would have ended up in the hospital, or worse.

It's a police matter now. The kid was placed in my son's class just a few weeks ago, without any sort of advance warning or heads-up. He's what they call a "problem child", and he's been busy bullying other kids, stealing stuff from everyone in sight, including teachers. Plus he's into martial arts, from what I hear.

They sent him home yesterday, and now I'm trying to force them to move him elsewhere. I've been busy writing letters.

Good.  I'm glad that they are doing something now because that's not a safe situation for anyone, not even the aggressor.

Another autistic child grabbed my daughter's neck because she was on the computer in their classroom, he wanted to use it, and he was having trouble waiting for his turn.  Another time, he pulled her hair while she was swinging on the playground.  He was 15 years old and over six feet tall and the teachers who dealt with him started wearing heavy gauntlets over their arms because of his aggressiveness.  They wound up finding him another placement, although I don't know the details due to the teachers respecting his privacy. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5046 on: February 05, 2009, 07:59:55 AM »

Not today, but yesterday, I was accidentally involved in preventing a burglary. I have a broken arm for my reward.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5047 on: February 05, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

Not today, but yesterday, I was accidentally involved in preventing a burglary. I have a broken arm for my reward.

It hurt and stressed you but you did good :plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5048 on: February 05, 2009, 02:41:45 PM »

Not by a long shot, unfortunately. A kid in my son's class punched him in the throat yesterday, yet the school is doing very little.

That's awful.  Was your son injured?  Was the kid who hit him a 'typical' child?

He got a scare, that's all, but he was lucky. An inch or two to the left and he would have ended up in the hospital, or worse.

It's a police matter now. The kid was placed in my son's class just a few weeks ago, without any sort of advance warning or heads-up. He's what they call a "problem child", and he's been busy bullying other kids, stealing stuff from everyone in sight, including teachers. Plus he's into martial arts, from what I hear.

They sent him home yesterday, and now I'm trying to force them to move him elsewhere. I've been busy writing letters.

Good.  I'm glad that they are doing something now because that's not a safe situation for anyone, not even the aggressor.

Another autistic child grabbed my daughter's neck because she was on the computer in their classroom, he wanted to use it, and he was having trouble waiting for his turn.  Another time, he pulled her hair while she was swinging on the playground.  He was 15 years old and over six feet tall and the teachers who dealt with him started wearing heavy gauntlets over their arms because of his aggressiveness.  They wound up finding him another placement, although I don't know the details due to the teachers respecting his privacy. 

We're worried about what will happen if he isn't moved. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5049 on: February 05, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »

I can get you in touch with some people who can handle the little bastid.  :angel:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5050 on: February 05, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »
Such drastic measures are not needed, but thanks anyway. :P

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5051 on: February 05, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
 ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5052 on: February 05, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »

Jeez! I've been so wrapped up in my own scary evening, that I had not seen all this. It really is hard to know how to temper yourself when it's your kids getting hurt.
Hope this problem child gets placed in another school rather quickly, like one with bars, maybe.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5053 on: February 06, 2009, 03:02:57 PM »

Jeez! I've been so wrapped up in my own scary evening, that I had not seen all this. It really is hard to know how to temper yourself when it's your kids getting hurt.
Hope this problem child gets placed in another school rather quickly, like one with bars, maybe.

I'm pestering the &%¤#¤# headmaster person with emails. I sent a couple to his boss, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5054 on: February 06, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
But apart from that I've been busy writing the whitepaper I'm going to present next month.

- Albert Einstein