Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 1616 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Drugs
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
Pot should be legal without a perscription. It's less dangerous than alcohol ffs.

Not really, in the long run.  You have a few beers each night, you'll be fine.  You have a couple of joints each night for a while, you'll start getting messed up.  People who do it, can't see that.  Its only when I came away from it completely, I realised I was just in a time warp, and wasting life.
you don't need a few joints to get some kind of effect.  just a few hits.
Misunderstood.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
Pot being illegal has nothing to do with it's psychoactive properties, otherwise hemp would be legal.  The USA is the largest importer of hemp-based products, yet it's illegal to grow hemp here.  Hemp is a strain of the cannibis plant which is essentially pot without the THC, it looks and smells the same, but you could smoke it all day and not even get a buzz.  The reason it's illegal is because it has so many efficient industrial uses, and for it to be legal to exploit these uses would cut at the earnings of companies that already profit off the more traditional ways of making these products.  For example, the oil made from squeezing hemp seeds can be used instead of vegetable oil in food production, it can also be refined into diesel or even gasoline.  Think about what it would mean to the oil corporations if new companies started popping up which could produce barrels upon barrels of fresh crude oil once a month without having to pay for drilling.  The fibers in the plant have also been used in reinforcing concrete (called Hempcrete), this would have a powerful effect on the steel industry which would see rebar become close to obsolete.

I don't want to sound like a stereotypical whiney liberal who says that all the world's problems are caused by huge corporations and that the only possible solution is to hold a concert with a bunch of jam bands.  The thing is though, in this case it's true, it's the corporations which already have their multi-billion-dollar infrastructure set up for producing their products from non-hemp materials.  If hemp were legal to grow, so many corporations would take a major profit hit since their choices would be to either try to up their productions to cover the competition from the agricultural co-ops that would suddenly be producing the same product cheaper, or they would have to buy out these co-ops to take over the market, since keeping it business as usual would render their processes obsolete.

Hemp could also easily affect the profits of corporations that produce paper, cotton products, various pharmaceuticals, even high-fiber foods like breakfast cereals.  This is why the corporations with the most pull in the government do so much lobbying against it.  It really all started with William Randolph Hurst who owned a major producer of paper products, he campaigned heavily against Cannabis in the 1930s to protect his interests in the paper industry since they would have to give up on pulpwood processing in order to keep up with the production of paper of better quality by companies that don't need billions of dollars worth of manufacturing capital to get a good start.  This is the main reason why the 1936 Marijuana Prohibition Act was passed.

Cannabis was smoked for thousands of years by millions of people for hundreds of different uses, even George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin have been documented as enjoying smoked Cannabis at times.  We won't see legal pot at least until we see legal hemp, since the federal government can't seem to tell the difference between the two, and so many politicians are so easy to "persuade" when you have the kind of money where a million dollars in small bills in a briefcase is as easy to prepare and hand out as a piece of toilet paper, which of course, is another thing that could be made from hemp.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »
Did you know you can get high off c4?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »

Yup. It's a bit like poppers.  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
Know what i'm fascinated by but have never actually tried? DMT. We supposedly have a gland in our brain that makes it naturally, and I read something about a lens invovled like the lens in our eye? Fascinating.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »

Yup. It's a bit like poppers.  8)

Are you using poppers to widden your arse?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

TheoK

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
 :indeed:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 01:35:52 PM »
 :violin:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

TheoK

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
 :asthing:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:01 AM »
I wish it was as easy for me to get pot as it is for me to get alcohol. Id drink a lot less for a start.

Maybe you should try an indoor herb garden, they do say gardening has a calming effect.  :zoinks:

Would do but for me brown thumb.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 09:50:43 AM »

It all depends on the strength of your lighter flame, a dying bic might get you high, but a new one will get your house blown up.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 01:45:00 PM »
  A coworker reminded me the other day that possession of small amounts of marijuana (< 1 oz.)
  has been decriminalized here in Massachusetts.  It was decided by us voters in 2008.  I voted in favor.
  I'm quite sure I voted in favor.  Why didn't I remember?  What's wrong with my memory?  Hmmmm ... :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 07:08:53 AM »
  A coworker reminded me the other day that possession of small amounts of marijuana (< 1 oz.)
  has been decriminalized here in Massachusetts.  It was decided by us voters in 2008.  I voted in favor.
  I'm quite sure I voted in favor.  Why didn't I remember?  What's wrong with my memory?  Hmmmm ... :tard:

Larger amounts, too, if you get a medical marijuana card (which from the sound of it is medically easy and just requires being able to drop the money for it initially).  And there's finally dispensaries- (or, well, at least one that I know of).

I'm pro-legalization for a number of reasons, not the least of which at this point is so many people are dying from the opiate epidemic it's hard not to be enthusiastic about basically anyfuckingthing else being made available for pain management.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.