Educational

Author Topic: Father Hires In-Game “Hitmen” To Deter Son From Playing  (Read 349 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Father Hires In-Game “Hitmen” To Deter Son From Playing
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5972406/father-hires-in+game-hitmen-to-deter-son-from-playing

Sick and tired of his son playing video games and not listening to him, a father in China decided to take matters into his own hands... well, sort of. Instead of sending his son off to addiction camp or stripping him of internet and gaming rights, Mr. Feng (冯先生) chose to hire an online "hitman" to school his son.

Feng's 23 year-old son, "Xiao Feng" (小冯) started playing video games in high school. Through his years of playing various online games, he supposedly thought himself a master of Chinese online role playing games. According to his father, Xiao Feng had terrible grades in school because of his gaming habit; he couldn't even land a job. He, however, says he simply couldn't find any work that he liked. Feng was annoyed that his son couldn't even tough it out for three months at a software development company.

Unhappy with his son not finding a job, Feng decided to hire players in his son's favorite online games to hunt down Xiao Feng. It is unknown where or how Feng found the in-game assassins—every one of the players he hired were stronger and higher leveled than Xiao Feng. Feng's idea was that his son would get bored of playing games if he was killed every time he logged on, and that he would start putting more effort into getting a job.

Despite being sick of getting killed every time, Xiao Feng decided to stick up to his father and tell him how he felt. He was quoted as saying, "I can play or I can not play, it doesn't bother me. I'm not looking for any job—I want to take some time to find one that suits me."

Hearing his son's earnest plea, Feng said that he was "relieved". It's unsure if Feng has called off his assassins or if Xiao Feng has found a job. One thing's for sure; Feng's way of deterring his son from playing games might be one of the best ideas to come out of China recently, particularly as reactions to "gaming and internet addiction" have been very extreme.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Father Hires In-Game “Hitmen” To Deter Son From Playing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:23 AM »
Well there we go. Lesson learnt.....not!
Weak Dad and spoiled son.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:03:07 AM »
When my son was spending too much time online when he was younger(middle school) he would experience 'technical' problems with the connection(I would unhook the cable line in to the modem in the basement)  it worked with his cable tv too.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Uh simple. Stop paying your 23-year-old kid's rent.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »
China has a different culture when it comes to these things.  People actually make a living playing video games, as evidenced by the fellow the father hired.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »
It's good to see that China has progressed to the point where it's citizens suffer from first world problems.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
When my son was spending too much time online when he was younger(middle school) he would experience 'technical' problems with the connection(I would unhook the cable line in to the modem in the basement)  it worked with his cable tv too.

I do the same thing.   

There isn't a game console or much else I haven't had apart either where I don't know what to pull for a temp "fix".  >:D

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
It's good to see that China has progressed to the point where it's citizens suffer from first world problems.
That still ain't all of them.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »

The father actually gave the son a position to aspire towards.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »

But then no first world country has all its citizens living in first world conditions
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:19 AM »

But then no first world country has all its citizens living in first world conditions
*nod*  This is true.

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
Uh simple. Stop paying your 23-year-old kid's rent.
:agreed:  Or maybe hire a real hit man.  :zoinks: