Author Topic: School shooting in Newtown, CT  (Read 3808 times)

Online Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: School shooting in Newtown, CT
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2012, 12:33:13 AM »
Armed guards at a school is just crazy compared to my part of the world. I mean, my old high school got a fence around it only a few years ago. A fence :O_o:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2012, 08:04:32 AM »
They're passing a law in Canada that schools must be locked during the instruction. The issue up here isn't outside people coming in with guns, it's the students who are armed and taking someone out. Usually directed at one person in particular. Gang violence.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
My highschool got magnetic locks on the doors after Dunblane, which were supposed to prevent people from coming in the side entrances and force them to use the main entrance during class times, but it was easy to force the doors open just by pulling hard enough to overcome the magnets, and people routinely did it since it was a long walk to get around to the main entrance if you were coming from certain directions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
I went to middle and high school in Florida most of the classrooms were in long buildings connected by covered walkways instead of halls with each class having two doors to the outside. There were mostly no fences either except a corral for bicycles and around a drainage ditch.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
It was the same at the school I went to in California.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »
Properly protecting schools costs too much money. The brass would have to take a pay cut, and we can't have that.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »
My countrymen and the media are so weird when it comes to dealing with tragic events.  It makes me question why I'm the one with the mental disorder.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
^
^ Yes, you're right.. but in that monotheistic spirit, being utmost confident being right, shite goes. Typically jew or cath-like, imo.

You have a quite small dick, haven't you, mla?

You usually make very little sense when you are posting something other than pictures of food, but this is around the bend even for you.  I have a small dick because I said that the NRA isn't composed entirely of catholics and jews?

Are you drunk?  Maybe a tadski?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
I wonder if the reason the NRA are so keen on armed guards in every one of the thousand public schools in the US has anything to do witht the money it would make them? Surely not :hmmm:

Solving gun violence with more guns is fucking retarded

And aside from that, who the FUCK wants to send their kids to a school where the teachers are armed or where there's a guy with a gun at the gate?

I find this bulletproof backpack thing crazy as hell too

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
^
^ Yes, you're right.. but in that monotheistic spirit, being utmost confident being right, shite goes. Typically jew or cath-like, imo.

You usually make very little sense when you are posting something other than pictures of food, but this is around the bend even for you.  I have a small dick because I said that the NRA isn't composed entirely of catholics and jews?

You, yes, have a small dick, mla, I'm sure.. (it's a metaphore) but but.. that doesn't matter in this dialoque. Sorry to bring that up.

Yet, show me how small it is..(up-) following this..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »
I wonder if the reason the NRA are so keen on armed guards in every one of the thousand public schools in the US has anything to do witht the money it would make them? Surely not :hmmm:

Solving gun violence with more guns is fucking retarded

And aside from that, who the FUCK wants to send their kids to a school where the teachers are armed or where there's a guy with a gun at the gate?

I find this bulletproof backpack thing crazy as hell too
Preventing gun violence with the presense of armed security is not retarded.

It is  just not practical with school budgets the way they are.

Here in South Carolina all middle and high schools have armed officers on campus.

Parents appreciate it. Because it does deter crime.

Students appreciate it, also. ( well those not trying to commit crimes appreciate it )

Of course trying to get folks to understand, who dont live in a country where there is a gun culture over 200 years old, is impossible.

Y`all arent being realistic, Reality always trumps idealism.

Better mental health care for all citizens is a better way forward.

Criminals dont give a fuck about laws.

Ask the criminal in your country where smuggling weapons is a big business.

Just how in the hell is the NRA supposed to profit off of this. They cant.

I am an Autist. I own an AK-47, a shot gun, and two handguns.

I havent shot anyone since 1969. And will not shoot anyone, except in self-defense.

I believe I have a good record

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
When the politicians and the 1% give up their armed bodyguards, I will give up my gun.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »
^

You, yes, have a small dick, mla, I'm sure.. (it's a metaphore) but but.. that doesn't matter in this dialoque. Sorry to bring that up.

Yet, show me how small it is..(up-) following this..

I have to admit that I am very confused by your sudden desire to start up with me.  I am, of course, completely willing.  Ricky doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon and you will do in a pinch.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
Could prove interesting. Not sure what it is about, though, but that doesn't always seem to matter here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »

Ask the criminal in your country where smuggling weapons is a big business.

Most gun violence here is criminals shooting OTHER criminals. drug dealers. gang violence etc.
And the kinda shit people are concerned about here (in the post-Sandy Hook debate) isn't really about criminals anyway. Most people who flip out and kill someone aren't career criminals. They have access to guns becuase EVERYONE has fuckin access to guns pretty much. That's what's wrong. Also I get it that you have a 200 yr old gun culture over there. That's the problem. Changing the culture/attitufe towards guns. Can't happen overnight, but I really dont think armed guards and gunmen in schools is a good start.

Just how in the hell is the NRA supposed to profit off of this. They cant.

Don't they get money of major gun manufacturers?
Admittedly I dont know much about them so could be totally wrong here. theyre cunts tho, either way