Author Topic: School shooting in Newtown, CT  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: School shooting in Newtown, CT
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
Is there a more complete video of this?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Wow, how did nobody link that video in this thread already?  :P

What can I say I have been slacking off here a bit lately it is my busy season at work.  I think of things to post at work then run out of energy to do it when I get home.

Here is one from today's work thoughts on this subject.
I heard an add for the United Way about donating to them to help the victims of the shooting and wondered just how much of that will go to that community which is a fairly affluent one where the homes are on average a half million dollars.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
Concerning the last video, sounds like he lacks any empathy and doesn't know how to act in front of the audience ... or he's way too traumatized.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
Is there a more complete video of this?

There's this:

And this:

I'm waiting for someone to make a video about how the shooting was actually a controlled demolition using nano-thermite.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »
I watched the entire 20 minute speech that Dad made when it aired originally and it was amazing. He absolutely spoke from the heart and missed his daughter more than anyone else could possibly imagine unless they had been in his shoes.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
I'm sure he didn't want his daughter to die and that he wishes she was still alive, but his body language shows that he lacks the emotions required to be deeply heartbroken by the event.

He's too uncomfortably calm and collected for someone who's recently lost a very young precious child. I'd have broken down crying were I to do that speech about my own daughter. No way I would've contained all the intense emotions within me like that.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »
I'm sure he didn't want his daughter to die and that he wishes she was still alive, but his body language shows that he lacks the emotions required to be deeply heartbroken by the event.

He's too uncomfortably calm and collected for someone who's recently lost a very young precious child. I'd have broken down crying were I to do that speech about my own daughter. No way I would've contained all the intense emotions within me like that.

I  would guess he's still in shock, trying to keep it together for the sake of his other children,
   and may not feel the full impact of this.  I've heard of people being very calm immediately
   following a family death, largely because the wake, funeral, and condolence calls keep them
   too busy to absorb their loss.  They may function very well for days or weeks before breaking
   down.  Numbness, flat affect or strange body language, especially under such shocking
   circumstances, do not necessarily prove that the person lacks emotions.   :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »
A possibility.

Here's a link to another video that also involves the mother. The mother is definitely heartbroken and hurt.

http://video.katiecouric.com/services/player/bcpid1778770226001?bckey=AQ~~,AAABWfWhrnk~,FtZztaNxIqTVkSb1ju2Ka7JVAY8r79nB&bctid=2041406744001

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
I heard there are people who don't express emotions as well as others or in ways other people do,  it's said they also have trouble with body language  now if only I could remember who they say that about. :chin:

Fuck I would hate to see the critique of my performance in a situation like that they would be saying far worse than what they are about him.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2012, 05:30:20 AM »
He's probably medicated.

Dealing with the media, the public, the death of his child...hell I would be.

Some people aren't comfortable showing emotion in public, I'm not, grief to me is a personal thing I don't share. I would use any means at my disposal to get me through it.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2012, 06:45:51 AM »
Yeah, seeing the vid, I gotta go with the "shock and/or medicated" theory.  Grief doesn't always show up as obvious sadness, and it's not a consistent thing, either- it comes and goes in waves.  Losing a child is one of the most devastating things a human being can experience- in any way, and this was a particularly horrific one.  It wouldn't be at all surprising for his emotions to be everyplace, or for him to be numb, or for him to not even really feel like it's "real" for awhile. 

That he's not crying doesn't mean he doesn't have depth of emotion.  That his response not being to cry or look sad in one particular moment in time is taken as a sign of lack of emotion is more than anything else a sign of how culturally fucked up we are when it comes to grief.  There's an expectation that we're supposed to be sad for a month straight and then be fine.  That's insane and not at all how it works for the vast, vast majority of people and losses.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:23 AM »
Who are we, to say what his response 'should' be?

He just lost a child, which is a truly terrible thing. Everybody grieves in their own way; and I really don't think that it is our place, either as individuals or as a community to look down on how he expresses (or holds back in  the public eye for that matter) his sorrow. It isn't for us to say he is 'wrong' or 'right' in terms of his method of doing so.

Its a fucking tragedy and no mistake, and the entire families of those affected should be offered all the support possible. As far as grieving and recovery goes for the individuals then what will be,will be.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
NRA doubled down on their bullshit just now.  I had actually hoped that this might open their eyes.  What was I thinking?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
He's probably medicated.

Some people aren't comfortable showing emotion in public, I'm not, grief to me is a personal thing I don't share. I would use any means at my disposal to get me through it.

That just isn't as engaging as the theory that his bodily fluids have been sapped and impurified by the Obama NWO Illuminati Jew-controlled media conspiracy, and that the shootings were the result of HAARP false-flag mind control waves, Blue-Beam holographic deceptions, chemtrails and nano-thermite controlled demolitions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2012, 12:39:37 PM »
He's probably medicated.

That just isn't as engaging as the theory that his bodily fluids have been sapped and impurified by the Obama NWO Illuminati Jew-controlled media conspiracy, and that the shootings were the result of HAARP false-flag mind control waves, Blue-Beam holographic deceptions, chemtrails and nano-thermite controlled demolitions.

What can I say? I'm boring. :LOL: