Educational

Author Topic: Weeboos  (Read 1146 times)

Blasted

Re: Weeboos
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 08:26:48 AM »
I mean I like some fucking anime, but I like those for the same reason I like explosions and beer and tits. Because they kick ass.  :thumbup:

:lol:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
Some anime is alright, most if fucking horrible.

Naruto, oh god what shite.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
I mean I like some fucking anime, but I like those for the same reason I like explosions and beer and tits. Because they kick ass.  :thumbup:

:lol:

:-*
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »
I only care for the English voice actors if it is a really well done production...  Most of the time, I prefer subtitles.    My favorite anime is probably Metropolis. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(anime)

I just hate shows like Inuyasha, they become so cliche.    The Ghost in the Shell series was better than the damn movie imo.  I actually enjoyed the original comic.   FLCL was hilarious, as far as humorous obvious fan-service anime goes.

Inuyasha pissed me off because it started off great then the villain became a hentai monster, Kikyo just wouldn't die, and Kagome was useless(even though she had some of the same friggin powers as Kikyo). Rumiko has great ideas, but her manga always drag on for too long. One Piece doesn't even have as many volumes as Inuyasha yet, that's how fucking long it is.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
I'm no weeboo by any stretch of the imagination.  I usually like what anime I'm shown, though I've only seen a few series'.  I usually prefer dubbed because I don't want to put that much extra effort into figuring out what will probably be a convoluted and hard-to-follow plot anyway.  For example, I just finished watching eva a couple weeks ago and still only know the names of a couple of the characters.  (Though, in eva, the plot wasn't the point.  The point was the director was still working through his shit with the world in general and women more specifically, and being a bitch about it.  Liked the series.  Hated the director based on what the series said about him.)

I tend to be pretty shite about following plots in movies anyway though, especially plots with a lot of characters.  Books as well, but less so, because I can pause and 'look up' what I somehow managed to miss.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »