Educational

Author Topic: Hollywood and Washington will not take NO for an answer.  (Read 370 times)

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
Hollywood and Washington will not take NO for an answer.
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »

Protect your identity, bullshit
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Hollywood and Washington will not take NO for an answer.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
The problem with the video's example is that, technically when you buy from Amazon, you're already identifying yourself via the credit card you use to make purchases.

The real people you have to worry about is ISPs enforcing NSTIC.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
If you want to protect your privacy, use a VPN or Tor, even then they have their faults.

This NSTIC thing is straight out of 1984.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
But I always imagined Facebook becoming similar to NSTIC though, and sort of is already. Social media has almost become a key part of online activity if you're into mainstream sources. Hell even employers these day like to know your Facebook account before hiring you pretty much. But that's how they'll enforce it, as the video implies; they'll make it so that if you don't have it, good luck trying to get a job or do anything online without going through a shitload of hassle otherwise.

Wouldn't take much to alter it into a form of NSTIC by introducing some new user authentication "feature". In fact if you associate your mobile phone number to your account, you're already using a form of NSTIC to track your activity online; as Facebook cookies tend to track everything Facebook related on sites, which is practically everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:16:21 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
Every new "feature" that Facebook dishes out is simply an excuse to reset your privacy settings. However, their motive is not government control, it is profit from the sell of information. However, they do support CISPA. On the subject of Zuckerberg, I think he is being taken advantage of/being pressured into the shit that Facebook pulls.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
Anyone reciving disability in the united states will soon have to either have a bank account, or be sent a re-loadable debit card for there monthy income. (as they are phasing out paper checks.) Wich isnt a problem I guess but I just know the last time I had a bank card pretty much uselss fee's were applied all the time. (hopefully you dont loose your card either) and they wouldnt let you take out all of your money in a day, also there was fees for using ATM machines and pretty much for breathing oxegen outside

Mine will be here in 4-6 weeks and I'm really not looking forward to it
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:08:58 PM by richard »
:skywarp:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »
Anyone reciving disability in the united states will soon have to either have a bank account, or be sent a re-loadable debit card for there monthy income. (as they are phasing out paper checks.) Wich isnt a problem I guess but I just know the last time I had a bank card pretty much uselss fee's were applied all the time. (hopefully you dont loose your card either) and they wouldnt let you take out all of your money in a day, also there was fees for using ATM machines and pretty much for breathing oxegen outside

Mine will be here in 4-6 weeks and I'm really not looking forward to it
Actually, that'll be a huge problem for the folks who receive disability and are unable to have bank accounts (ex. owe local banks money they can't afford to pay back).  It will also be a problem for those who can't get to banks (again, a number of reasons for this).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 01:16:15 AM »
To get the disability pension here, you have to have a bank account. I think the banks' fees aren't so bad when you are aware of what they will charge fees for and what they won't (for example, my bank will charge fees if I use another bank's ATM). I don't think cheques have been used here in a very long time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae