Author Topic: American Health Care  (Read 1535 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: American Health Care
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 06:09:34 AM »
If you're on Social Security disability, doesn't that come with Medicaid or Medicare?
It comes with medicaid or medicare (dont remember wich one) but you have to pay for it, And I opted out of it because of this. So I only have part A. (I believe there are 4 parts, A B C & D)  I did give them my part A card Wich I thought was for emergencies only but they still billed me for some reason
A is free (as you know) and helps cover:  inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care and home health care. 
B helps cover services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventative services.  There is a premium for this.
C is Medicare Advantage and covers all benefits and services covered under A and B, usually prescriptions, and some extra benefits.
D helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.  There is usually a premium for this.
American health care seems really complicated to me.

I can sort of understand the NHS, it seems a bit like Australia's health care system.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
Complication and confusion I believe is part of the plan, people will either give up or get the paperwork wrong therefore there is no insurance pay out.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »
If you're on Social Security disability, doesn't that come with Medicaid or Medicare?
It comes with medicaid or medicare (dont remember wich one) but you have to pay for it, And I opted out of it because of this. So I only have part A. (I believe there are 4 parts, A B C & D)  I did give them my part A card Wich I thought was for emergencies only but they still billed me for some reason

A is free (as you know) and helps cover:  inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care and home health care. 
B helps cover services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventative services.  There is a premium for this.
C is Medicare Advantage and covers all benefits and services covered under A and B, usually prescriptions, and some extra benefits.
D helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.  There is usually a premium for this.
Oh thanks queen. I guess part A will pay for it then so I wont worry about it
:skywarp:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

Oh thanks queen. I guess part A will pay for it then so I wont worry about it

Sorry, nope, they won't.  Based on what you wrote, you weren't admitted to the hospital, but were treated on an outpatient basis.  In any case Part A does not cover any doctor bills at all.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »
Complication and confusion I believe is part of the plan, people will either give up or get the paperwork wrong therefore there is no insurance pay out.
Somewhat, yes.  There's convolutedness as a non-directed result of bureaucracy, but yeah, some is deliberate, and very bullshitty.

One good example is that, oddly enough, people's SSDI (when they get it) ends up being juuuuuuuuust enough to disqualify them from free state health insurance.

Free national healthcare for everyone is a major advantage, especially for poorer people. When done right, that is.

Sadly the health system here is in shambles. It's considered one of the worst in Europe. They claim there's not enough funding, but I always question on how healthcare was actually BETTER back when Ireland was much poorer.

The people who complain about the NHS seem to be the type that whinge and moan... about everything. Frankly I find the NHS to be brilliant compared to the healtcare system here, and people like my uncle vouch on it.

As for Americans being against this, I frankly find it a bit stupid. It's for everyone, it's free and you would be soon thanking that you don't have to empty your entire savings in hospital bills.
Well, "free" in a sense, not free in a sense; it would be paid from taxes, and there's concern it would add to the already-astronomical national debt.  That said, I think yes, it would be ideal to implement; the positives outweigh the negatives by quite a bit, and there's better ways to balance the budget (not that we'll enact most of them).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2012, 08:04:14 AM »
I'd rather pay extra taxes for something like healthcare rather than the bullshit we're expected to pay for.

(I don't pay taxes, yay for spazz money :zoinks:)

TheoK

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »
I nominally pay tax but not in reality, since I also live on spazz money  :thumbup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »
I'd rather pay extra taxes for something like healthcare rather than the bullshit we're expected to pay for.

:agreed:

I don't pay taxes right now either, but once I do, I will be happy to be contributing towards "free" healthcare. Obviously it's not free in that sense, but in the sense that no one has to pay directly for their healthcare, it is free. I think the NHS and welfare state in general is one of, if not the, best thing about the UK

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »

:agreed:

I don't pay taxes right now either, but once I do, I will be happy to be contributing towards "free" healthcare. Obviously it's not free in that sense, but in the sense that no one has to pay directly for their healthcare, it is free. I think the NHS and welfare state in general is one of, if not the, best thing about the UK
:indeed:

Not completely free here, but, I never have to worry if I can afford to go to a doctor.

At the moment, not paying taxes either, but, would love to contribute to that. And, am having no problems at all that what I pay for obligatory health insurance is to the benefit of all.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!