Educational

Author Topic: Why would a five year old girl need to know how to breastfeed?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Why would a five year old girl need to know how to breastfeed?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »
Yes i agree that some sicko could get a lob on from a kid doing anything.  The point,  in my mind,  was that as breast feeding has a sexual association (by some people) it seems pretty unnecessary for a five year old to learn how to do it... in my mind i think you are increasing the risk of some perv getting his jolly's on your kid.

Thankfully, i don't have a daughter.  I would be worried sick.  But if i did, and she had a toy like this,  i would probably be OTT with the vigilance!  Especially if she took the doll out somewhere.  I would be constantly looking around to see if anyone was watching.  I wouldn't be so uppity if she was playing with... say, a tea set or reading a book for example.  I know that there is a risk anyway, and that is bad enough.

I feel the same way about beauty pageants.  There is no need to slap make up on a five year old to make her look pretty.  IMO anything with a sexual element (or potential sexual element) mixed with a five year old is a no no.   

I also think toys that teach specific gender roles (this one is quite specific) should be available, but i would limit the quantity, and also would make sure many other types of toys were also available.   There are so many cool toys about that are designed to teach the skills that will be absolutely needed.  Problem solving, self awareness and self expression, independence, sharing, balance and coordination, numeracy, communication etc etc .   Kids have brains like  huge sponges at that age and i would rather it be soaking up the skills listed above.
blah blah blah

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »
Yes i agree that some sicko could get a lob on from a kid doing anything.  The point,  in my mind,  was that as breast feeding has a sexual association (by some people) it seems pretty unnecessary for a five year old to learn how to do it... in my mind i think you are increasing the risk of some perv getting his jolly's on your kid.

Thankfully, i don't have a daughter.  I would be worried sick.  But if i did, and she had a toy like this,  i would probably be OTT with the vigilance!  Especially if she took the doll out somewhere.  I would be constantly looking around to see if anyone was watching.  I wouldn't be so uppity if she was playing with... say, a tea set or reading a book for example.  I know that there is a risk anyway, and that is bad enough.

I feel the same way about beauty pageants.  There is no need to slap make up on a five year old to make her look pretty.  IMO anything with a sexual element (or potential sexual element) mixed with a five year old is a no no.   

I also think toys that teach specific gender roles (this one is quite specific) should be available, but i would limit the quantity, and also would make sure many other types of toys were also available.   There are so many cool toys about that are designed to teach the skills that will be absolutely needed.  Problem solving, self awareness and self expression, independence, sharing, balance and coordination, numeracy, communication etc etc .   Kids have brains like  huge sponges at that age and i would rather it be soaking up the skills listed above.
I do get your point, but I will also play devil's advocate here:  Rule 36.  Anything a five-year-old does could have sexual connotations for someone- just as anything anyone does could have sexual connotations for someone.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
"connotations"

that is the word i was going to use but i couldn't remember
how to spell it! :thumbup:
blah blah blah