Author Topic: Cop uses stun gun on student who won't show ID  (Read 1299 times)

Litigious

Re: Cop uses stun gun on student who won't show ID
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 06:46:58 AM »
I prefer to be protected against some gun nut who decides that Tuesday's a good day for shooting my 12-yo for trespassing. If you feel suffocated because of that, well, that's tough. May I suggest a country with laws made up in the heat of the moment? A "liberated" one, say?

I wouldn't be scared going there, after all, I am a nut. But I would prefer a country deliberated 230 years ago. Green hills of Vermont. But I need a Green Card to be able to move into those green hills.

Quote from: odeon
Are there other laws they haven't consulted you on?

Yes, the ridiculous speed limits on the highways, the ridiculous seat belt law, the dimmed headlight law(!), which must be about the greatest proof that Sweden is a country of jerks and cowards, even more than the gun law; the multiple taxes on things such like fuel to my car, the drug laws, the lack of freedom of speech, etc. In a democracy, there should actually be a referendum for any changing of the law deeply concerning most people in the country. The US actually was like that in the beginning.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:49:11 AM by Litigious »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 06:51:11 AM »
Yes, the ridiculous speed limits on the highways, the ridiculous seat belt law, the dimmed headlight law(!), which must about the greatest proof that Sweden is a country of jerks and cowards, even more than the gun law; the multiple taxes on things such like fuel to my car, the drug laws, the lack of freedom of speech, etc. In a democracy, there should actually be a referendum for any changing of the law deeply concerning most people in the country. The US actually was like that in the beginning. 

i have issue with this entire list.

what is a dim headlight law, though?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 06:57:11 AM »

what is a dim headlight law, though?

This is so stupid that you won't believe it. You know, when you have the headlights on and you meet another car, you must "dim" or "dip" the headlights? Since about 1990, it's compulsory in Sweden to have dimmed/dipped headlights on 24/7, since a few jerks didn't turn the headlights on at all in dark and foggy weather. The jerks of course still don't switch on the headlights when they ought to, but every driver with a brain must have them switched on... ::)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 07:03:27 AM »
i hate it when people have one burned out headlight so they keep their brights on.  so just on light is blinding you.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 07:07:52 AM »
The U.S. for a long time had a nationwide 55 miles per hour speed limit, which was completely ridiculous, especially on interstate highways in the middle of nowhere.  Thank goodness that one was finally overturned.  I don't think any of our states have a compulsory headlights 24/7 law, but several states do have laws that say that headlights must be turned on whenever windshield wipers are on and while I agree with the spirit of the law, I do not agree with the letter of it and I do not like legislating common sense.  Most of our states have motorcycle helmet laws, but a few do not.  I believe every state in the U.S. now has a mandatory seat belt and child restraint law, however.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 07:08:52 AM »
bike riding helmet laws also.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 07:16:35 AM »
bike riding helmet laws also.

They actually have laws forcing bicycle helmets in California? 

We don't even have motorcycle helmet laws here!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 07:26:07 AM »

Litigious

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »
The U.S. for a long time had a nationwide 55 miles per hour speed limit, which was completely ridiculous, especially on interstate highways in the middle of nowhere.  Thank goodness that one was finally overturned.  I don't think any of our states have a compulsory headlights 24/7 law, but several states do have laws that say that headlights must be turned on whenever windshield wipers are on and while I agree with the spirit of the law, I do not agree with the letter of it and I do not like legislating common sense.  Most of our states have motorcycle helmet laws, but a few do not.  I believe every state in the U.S. now has a mandatory seat belt and child restraint law, however.

When my parents were young there were no speed limits in Sweden at all outside the towns and cities. Now we have 110 kmph/70 mph on highways as most or 120kmph/75 mph on a few highways on test in southern Sweden. It's ridiculos, since the Germans have free speed on their highways, and Germany is about 20 times more densed populated than Sweden. But since a few idiots don't know when it's safe to drive 200 kmph/120 mph and not, of course the right to drive as fast as you can on the highways should be taken away from all of us.

I think most states in the US have seat belt laws, but in most states they're just nominal, that is, you won't get feed, the cops will only tell you to turn your belt on if they stop you. In Sweden it now costs about $300 not to wear a seat belt. What the hell has the state to do with me hurting myself, especially in the US, where you pay most of your health care and hospital bills yourself? And the NT tax payers in Sweden owe me a stay in the hospital anyway, because their stupidity is one of the reasons my life sucks.  8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:45:14 AM by Litigious »

Litigious

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 07:41:06 AM »
WOW!

Motorcycle helmet laws by state:

http://www.edgarsnyder.com/accidents/auto-accident/motorcycle-accident/helmetlaws/index.html

Bicycle helmet laws by state:

http://www.bhsi.org/mandator.htm

Come on, I urge you to stop this! you can't be European sissys. Than the whole world will be lost.  ;)

Bicycle helmet law is law I will NEVER, EVER abide. We have bicycle helmet laws for children under 15, but I will throw my bicycle in the face of the fucking cops if we'll get a bicycle helmet law for adults and they stop me.  :finger:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »
I think it's George Carlin that said the most endangered thing is danger. We should find ways to conserve what's left of danger in the world. Without it and its consequences the world would be over run by idiots who are too stupid to take care of themselves. Removing danger from fun is dangerous.

I'm afraid it's too late.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 08:01:10 AM »
When my parents where young there were no speed limits in Sweden at all outside the towns and cities. Now we have 110 kmph/70 mph on highways as most or 120kmph/75 mph on a few highways on test in southern Sweden. It's ridiculos, since the Germans have free speed on their highways, and Germany is about 20 times more densed populated than Sweden. But since a few idiots don't know when it's safe to drive 200 kmph/120 mph and not, of course the right to drive as fast as you can on the highways should be taken away from all of us.

I think most states in the US have seat belt laws, but in most states they're just nominal, that is, you won't get feed, the cops will only tell you to turn your belt on if they stop you. In Sweden it now costs about $300 not to wear a seat belt. What the hell has the state to do with me hurting myself, especially in the US, where you pay most of your health care and hospital bills yourself? And the NT tax payers in Sweden owe me a stay in the hospital anyway, because their stupidity is one of the reasons my life sucks.  8)

Every state in the U.S. has some speed limit on all their highways, as far as I know, Litigious.  That speed limit is greater than 55 on the interstate highways in remote areas; however, the speed limits vary by state.

In this state, the police cannot stop you just because you are not wearing a seat belt; however, if you are stopped for another violation of the law and are found not to be wearing a seat belt in the front seat or if you have a child in your car who is not in a car seat or wearing a seat belt, depending on the child's age, you would be fined.  

In the states with mandatory helmet laws, they find it necessary to protect people from themselves and legislate common sense, with which I disagree.  Their argument is that a rider who has an accident and injures his head hurts more people than just himself.   ::)

We don't have those sissy laws in my state.   ;)

One European idea they are trying to use around here which drives me batty are those traffic circles!  

That is fine if they design the road for them and show the people how to use them with signs, but here they just stuck a circular concrete barrier in the middle of an intersection that was not designed for it and called it a traffic circle, the stupid blockheads!  Several cars crashed into it because it was a normal intersection and they failed to see the stupid concrete barrier, so they tried putting reflectors on it at first and then they finally removed the stupid monstrosity.

I could see it was an idiotic idea the very first time I saw it.  Why couldn't they?  I wonder how many cars were crashed and how many people were injured on the altar of their idiocy before they removed it!

Litigious

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »

One European idea they are trying to use around here which drives me batty are those traffic circles! 

That is fine if they design the road for them and show the people how to use them with signs, but here they just stuck a circular concrete barrier in the middle of an intersection that was not designed for it and called it a traffic circle, the stupid blockheads!  Several cars crashed into it because it was a normal intersection and they failed to see the stupid concrete barrier, so they tried putting reflectors on it at first and then they finally removed the stupid monstrosity.

I could see it was an idiotic idea the very first time I saw it.  Why couldn't they?  I wonder how many cars were crashed and how many people were injured on the altar of their idiocy before they removed it!

You tell me. We have none outside the greatest cities until about 10 years ago. Now we have one in every fucking village. The problem is, people outside the cities still don't know how to drive through them, so they're causing traffic jams and car crashes instead of preventing them... ::)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »

That is fine if they design the road for them and show the people how to use them with signs, but here they just stuck a circular concrete barrier in the middle of an intersection that was not designed for it and called it a traffic circle, the stupid blockheads!  Several cars crashed into it because it was a normal intersection and they failed to see the stupid concrete barrier, so they tried putting reflectors on it at first and then they finally removed the stupid monstrosity.

I could see it was an idiotic idea the very first time I saw it.  Why couldn't they?  I wonder how many cars were crashed and how many people were injured on the altar of their idiocy before they removed it!

You tell me. We have none outside the greatest cities until about 10 years ago. Now we have one in every fucking village. The problem is, people outside the cities still don't know how to drive through them, so they're causing traffic jams and car crashes instead of preventing them... ::)
yield, then use your turn signals.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »

In the states with mandatory helmet laws, they find it necessary to protect people from themselves and legislate common sense, with which I disagree.  Their argument is that a rider who has an accident and injures his head hurts more people than just himself.

Big Brother always has an excuse to fuck your arse, hasn't he? And it's always a tremendously stupid one. To you, they say that it's hurting his relatives and the witnesses of the accident, to us they say that hospital care costs tax money. And most suckers in both countries either buy the goddamn lie or just don't react. The average tax payer in this country pays about three times more in tax(!) as he ever gets back from the state, so that argument sucks anyway. But the average tax payer is a jerk buying Big Brother's lies.