Author Topic: "I read the news today, Oh Boy...."  (Read 4546 times)

ozymandias

Re: "I read the news today, Oh Boy...."
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2006, 03:24:43 PM »
"She came in thru the bathroom window"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »
"Silently closing her bedroom door "
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2006, 03:56:50 PM »
lend me your ears and i'll sing you a song

hey did you guys know that danica mckellar (winnie) is a math genius? she was on tv last night

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »
the moderators at the time may be asked to answer questions.
especially those who were actively involved in trying to contact his family.

Does anyone remember who were the ones who tried to contact the family? It wasn't before my time, but I was dealing with some Ghosthunter-related crisis at the time, I think - so I was offline for a day or two and when I came back it was all over.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2006, 05:24:50 PM »
Do these people realise how many supposedly gun toting maniacs there are in the aspie world.  How were we to know he was the serious one.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »
Although I am disgusted with Alex for trying profit off the incident I'm equally disgusted that WP is being singled out while other forums the kid was posting on aren't being targeted at all.  Actually I'd be just as disgusted if any forum the kid was a member of were targeted in the suit.

He did what he did and he alone should be held responsible for his own actions.  Period.
Agreed, and what disturbs me is that WP is being singled out because it's a spectrum site. The last thing we need is Asperger's being linked closer to violence in the public eye.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »
I can understand why robert and ascan want to think good of alex.  They see him as bullied and most of his "mistakes" are caused by that.  But they are seeing what they want to see.  I'd love to support alex even though he is a selfish brat, but he is an incompetant selfish brat. 

He's not incompetent, and that's why WP still exists. He's just cunning enough to stop pissing people off when it's about to cause him some serious damage. In his blindness he outlasts both the people who intend to change/help him and the people who intend to cause him harm.

It is possible to coexist with alex, but you largely cannot trust him, and you shouldnt build a relationship with him that relies on trust, because he is likely to use you.

It depends on what your goals are. If your goals contradict his, and he is in a position of power, then it is not possible to co-exist with him. Not for me anyway - it's possible that someone else might be better at manipulating him. But believe me, I tried. And it turned out to be a major waste of energy, because though I could change things, and get my way, it was to such a small degree, and the changes were happening so slowly, that the energy would be better spent elsewhere. I never trusted him, and knew what I was walking into, and didn't really give a damn if he "used" me because I don't believe that there's anything unusual or wrong about being used (everyone uses anyone they interact with).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2006, 05:47:19 PM »
thanks for restoring this thread pyraxis.

i was going to suggest it be moved to its emo time with all the beatles crap-ola.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2006, 09:39:01 PM »
I can understand why robert and ascan want to think good of alex.  They see him as bullied and most of his "mistakes" are caused by that.  But they are seeing what they want to see.  I'd love to support alex even though he is a selfish brat, but he is an incompetant selfish brat. 

He's not incompetent, and that's why WP still exists. He's just cunning enough to stop pissing people off when it's about to cause him some serious damage. In his blindness he outlasts both the people who intend to change/help him and the people who intend to cause him harm.

It is possible to coexist with alex, but you largely cannot trust him, and you shouldnt build a relationship with him that relies on trust, because he is likely to use you.

It depends on what your goals are. If your goals contradict his, and he is in a position of power, then it is not possible to co-exist with him. Not for me anyway - it's possible that someone else might be better at manipulating him. But believe me, I tried. And it turned out to be a major waste of energy, because though I could change things, and get my way, it was to such a small degree, and the changes were happening so slowly, that the energy would be better spent elsewhere. I never trusted him, and knew what I was walking into, and didn't really give a damn if he "used" me because I don't believe that there's anything unusual or wrong about being used (everyone uses anyone they interact with).

Interesting observations Pyraxis, it does help me make sense out of all the stuff thats been vented  out of different people over the last year!  But, I don't think this is going to be any more damaging to Asperger's image than anything else that has arisen.  I can't pinpoint the reason why I feel that way, but, IMO, the facts of the crime that he committed are going to overwhelm any link to Asperger's.  Thats just a media frenzy concoction!  Throw enough shit in a blender, with other stuff like asperger's and what comes out will still  taste like shit.  Asperger's/autism info will fall by the wayside as it becomes more apparent that this douche bag was just a plain old psycho!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »
Victims' Survivors Sue Killer's Family
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - Survivors of a father and daughter shot to death by a disturbed neighbor in a cape and helmet who later turned his gun on himself are suing the killer's family, the dealer who sold him the weapon and a support group.

Vernon Smith, 45, and his daughter Christina, 22, were killed on Oct. 29, 2005, when 19-year-old William Freund burst into their house with a 12-gauge shotgun, authorities said.

Vernon Smith's son Brandon, who escaped, and his wife Denise, who was at work during the shooting, filed suit this week in Orange County Superior Court seeking damages for wrongful death and emotional distress.

The lawsuit claims Freund's parents allowed their son to have a gun, failed to supervise him and failed to warn neighbors about his potentially violent personality.

The suit contains similar accusations about WrongPlanet.net, a Web site for people with Asperger's syndrome, a neurological disorder characterized by poor communication and social skills. Freund, who suffered from the disorder, left a message at the site saying he planned to "Start a Terror Campaign to hurt those that have hurt me."

Freund's parents and WrongPlanet founder Alexander Plank declined to comment. Plank said last year that moderators attempted but failed to contact Freund's parents.

George Hueneman, owner of Saddleback Valley Gun Center, said Freund's background check for purchasing a gun came up clean. "How am I supposed to know that he was a mentally disturbed teenager who was on prescription medication?"

11/18/06 10:18 EST

Alex managed to weasel out of this one with his lawyer daddy.   ::)

Hannah

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »
Victims' Survivors Sue Killer's Family
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - Survivors of a father and daughter shot to death by a disturbed neighbor in a cape and helmet who later turned his gun on himself are suing the killer's family, the dealer who sold him the weapon and a support group.

Vernon Smith, 45, and his daughter Christina, 22, were killed on Oct. 29, 2005, when 19-year-old William Freund burst into their house with a 12-gauge shotgun, authorities said.

Vernon Smith's son Brandon, who escaped, and his wife Denise, who was at work during the shooting, filed suit this week in Orange County Superior Court seeking damages for wrongful death and emotional distress.

The lawsuit claims Freund's parents allowed their son to have a gun, failed to supervise him and failed to warn neighbors about his potentially violent personality.

The suit contains similar accusations about WrongPlanet.net, a Web site for people with Asperger's syndrome, a neurological disorder characterized by poor communication and social skills. Freund, who suffered from the disorder, left a message at the site saying he planned to "Start a Terror Campaign to hurt those that have hurt me."

Freund's parents and WrongPlanet founder Alexander Plank declined to comment. Plank said last year that moderators attempted but failed to contact Freund's parents.

George Hueneman, owner of Saddleback Valley Gun Center, said Freund's background check for purchasing a gun came up clean. "How am I supposed to know that he was a mentally disturbed teenager who was on prescription medication?"

11/18/06 10:18 EST

Alex managed to weasel out of this one with his lawyer daddy.   ::)

well hello necrobumper

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
What happened to the lawsuit, does anyone know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »
One of the more infamous incidents in the online Aspie community.

Does such a thing as the online Aspie community exist anymore??

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2016, 07:58:51 PM »
I fear only the elite remain.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:59 AM »
Spazzes are now mainstream. :M

- Albert Einstein