Author Topic: "I have two adult children living at home"  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: "I have two adult children living at home"
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 02:56:41 AM »
The reason I lived with my dad was because he was living in his sisters garage for 6 years, So, I went out to help him get an apartment. Once that was accomplished, I moved back to flagstaff and decided the only way I was going to save enough money for my fire agate ring was to live with my mother. She only charges me $300 rent, so this is a fantastic deal. especially for my area, I figure it will take me about 10 months, (9-8 months now) for me to to get this done, after of wich I'll move out on my own, again.

Before All of this I did live on my own, for 2 years. The reason I moved was because something was flaking off of my walls, and making me ill I think. So it was perfect timining for all of this other stuff to happen

[img]http://www.thefailpage.com/upload/03-2012/1334308732_coolstorybro.jpg[img]
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:31 AM »
Thanks. but it isnt a story
:skywarp:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »
MLA is a flaming conservative. What a surprise. :wanker:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
I don't have a problem with adult children living at home I have a problem with parents who never teach them the life skills they need to live as independently as possible.  Some due to their disabilities will never fully be independent others will do very well on their own.  It establishes a feeling of self worth that I have always felt is very important.  There will always be situations where children need some help and have to move back in at times it's unavoidable.  My eldest son has 'the' Aspergers but has his own apartment, job and car at 20.
:plus:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »

That made about as much sense as you usually do Dook.  Nice one  :thumbup:

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

He seems more like a flaming Democrat to me.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »

He seems more like a flaming Democrat to me.

Either way, I'm on fire.

Judy hasn't been back since the day of this post  :dunno:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »
Dont pat yourself on the back too much heehaw, I know you love to do that all the time because you are ghey but I'm shure his absence has nothing to do with anything you did

midlifeaspie

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »
Dont pat yourself on the back too much heehaw, I know you love to do that all the time because because you are ghey but I'm shure his absence has nothing to do with anything you did

I'm sure it doesn't either.  He did rage-quit and leave a previous account after some light ribbing, but he has much improved since then.  Unlike yourself, he stopped crying and running away when the heat was applied.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Shit, I've run out of baby powder for your enormous sore ass. you remind me of people that carry pudding packs and ranch dressing with them in public. (wife just pulls it right out of her purse and guzzles it) I bet you sweat alot too, discusting.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
Shit, I've run out of baby powder for your enormous sore ass. you remind me of people that carry pudding packs and ranch dressing with them in public. (wife just pulls it right out of her purse and guzzles it) I bet you sweat alot too, discusting.

GARBLE GARBLE GARBLE  :hahaha:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »
*wiggles some bacon infront of you*

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
"The Aspeger's?" That makes it sound like it's some terrible disease. I would have said something like "Asperger's? Yes" in that situation.

My mother worked hard with me growing up, teaching me how to talk, telling me social stories, drawing me pictures and showing me pictures so I can change my way of thinking and see things differently and from another perspective. It even take her hours to explain a situation to me so I understand and she had to draw me pictures because I was visual. She never really held me back or gave me a shelter life, she let kids come over and play with me, took my brothers and I to other peoples houses for us to play with their kids, it was like a play date thing they did, mom also wanted me with normal kids so when I was signed up for t ball, the coach told my mother I should be in the special league but my mother refused and he said she would have to stand out in the field with me and she said if that is what she has to do, she will. She even signed me up for gymnastics and the teacher there also told my mother I should be in psychical therapy because my coordination was poor and my mom said she would rather have me be with other kids who are also messing up and I feel normal instead of broken. She even had me do pottery so help with my motor skills and I felt normal. Plus she took me to lot of doctor appointments growing up and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have gotten this far. Teachers in my high school tried holding me back though because they thought I was incapable like with driving or being in drama and even kids acted like I was incapable. I think I was a very difficult child but mom won't admit it and she says all kids are hard and all children embarrass their parents and she said my brothers were probably just as expensive as I was because they also had to pay for their school activities and for their school trips and buying them clothes they wear out and outgrew while she and dad had to pay for my medicine and therapies and doctors. I am sure their health insurance covered it too. I also moved out when I was almost 20 and I got my driver's license when I was nearly 17. Now they are living with me again which is ironic because it's like I had gone backwards. But it's the same with my sister in law too, she and her parents also live together. She has lived on her own before but she needs help financially and has been trying to get a job for the past year. I am also my parents only child who has never asked them for anything as an adult and my brothers had. I always try to avoid that and it's always the last on my list. If they offer, it's different.

I would probably be like one of those aspies who think they can't do anything if my parents held me back and thought I was incapable and I would probably still be single and childless. I believe some aspies get brainwashed into believing they can't learn this or that so they use their AS as an excuse for it because that is what they have been taught. But I try not to judge when i hear an aspie is still living at home and their parents are coddling them because I don't know how badly they are effected by it and what their limitations are and I don't know their situation.

As for adult kids living at home, no problem if they are going to school or they have a job and are saving their money hoping to move out soon. Or if they end up in a sit hole and they need to move back home until they get back on their feet again or if the parent needs to be taken care of due to old age and sometimes their adult child moves back in or has them move in with them so they can take care of him or her or the adult child needs help raising their child so their parents help them out. Sure if the child has a disability and they will never be independent due to their severe autism or mental retardation, etc. then I still see no problem with it. Some do put them in group homes however and I still see nothing wrong with that either.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
*wiggles some bacon infront of you*

You know how much I love bacon.  That's because you pay attention  :orly:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
I know how much you pretend to eat healthy motherfucker. we dont know that